Evander Kane - What’s the Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
And youre defending a dude whos a shit teammate, skips out on bills+debts, circumvents health orders potentially putting others at risk, treats woman like garbage, and then blames everyone else around him. Keep doing you bro.
There will come a point (likely very soon) when the garbage Kane brings to a club outweighs what he provides as a player and no team will put up with him.

Reactions: jokesondee

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I’m not saying he’s a good guy but the OP’s post was simply from the viewpoint of “is he not living up to expectations after a hot start”…not “why is Evander Kane such a shithead”.

And the answer is he’s a 32 year-old winger with some heavy physical wear who is still gonna hit around 25 goals playing 16 minutes a night in a clearly secondary support role…so I think he’s pretty much who we should be expecting at this point. He’s an aging 5th or 6th option who outside of some hot streaks has never truly been an elite producer, even in his prime. Seems like his production is “fine” for who he is and who he is asked to be.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
So basically you are calling him a dumb player who is athletic, lol how many times have we heard that about black athletes and saying he isn't an actual hockey player is insane and shows the obvious issue with kane haters.

The race card is absolutely justified he only had one incident where he was wrong and they crucified him for it. Lol but a player like

Valerie nichuskin can f**k h**Kers and cheat on his wife but no one is labeling him a problem player.

Kane beat up a cab driver and was apart of the team that most likely knew about the Kyle beach situation and no one calls him a problem.

Ryan O'rielly was drinking and driving and crashed at a Tim Hortons no one calls him a problem.

Do you want me to keep going on how whites have it easier compared to black people, when it comes to media and fans attempt to destroy their reputation?
I personally don't like some of the stuff Kane has done either but that poster sure put a lot of effort digging up mostly minor things from a decade ago, some of them more speculation then fact about Kane, he probably needs to get a life.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kane's game is reliant on speed, and he's lost a step so he no longer has said speed. Guy's 32, after all. And giving such a long contract to a guy like him at his age was never the smartest of decisions.

But to be honest, he's not even been THAT bad. The team has bigger issues, such as Nurse. A #4 defenseman making 9.25mil until 2030, woof.
I think his game is more reliant on his shot. The wrist slash might have taken away his sniping ability.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
He's turning in to Zack Kassian.
Power forwards like this eventually slow down, lose their edge and become spare parts on a team. We are there with this player.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Now you listen here. I watched Kane play for years. His melanin levels are not relevant to my critique. He's never been able to play with skilled players. Kane is not skilled. He's essentially a third line grinder with a hard but inaccurate shot. I don't think I've ever seen him make a tape to tape pass in the offensive zone under pressure. If you have a video of him doing this I will watch it and give my comments.
Accurate shot? I cant remember how many times in Winnipeg i saw him come down the wing, completely ignore his teammates who are in better shooting/scoring positions, rifle a shot 3 feet over the net, have it rattle around the boards, and turn into an odd-man rush the other way.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5420.jpeg

Reactions: PuckG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad