Proposal: Evander Kane to Edmonton

FazeLeaf*

I wish Murray would just dump Kane on somebody. Im tired of having to gear his name in the news for police report. I think the Kings would be a good fit for him. I would do Kane for King + Shore + Forbort + 2nd and a 3rd.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Ultimately I think Kane will get dealt for crap.... Maybe even bought out like ribiero in phx

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
No GM in their right mind should touch Kane with a 20 foot pole. The guys an absolute cancer, can't stay out of trouble anywhere he goes, and for all his talent whenever I watch him play I'm always disappointed at his complete lack of hockey IQ.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Just what Edmonton needs to help their young core, a wiley veteran to solidify the room.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
there are no reports that i am aware of that kane is disliked by his sabre teammates or causing problems in the buffalo lockerroom.

while you could reasonably make the assumption that he is a problem in the lockerroom based on his behavior off the ice, it has not gotten to the point that it did in winnipeg where there are published reports that a number of his teammates had serious issues with him.

are there reports out there that i am unaware of?

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
This would be a diaster the oiler don't have a veteran group to keep him in line. I think there are few team that would that the risk of trading for him. You really have to belive you have a good core to reel him in. Also awful value. I wonder if yakupov straight up would get in done.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Didn't grasp why the Sabres brought him in, in the begin with. The guy has proven to be a cancer and if he acts that way in the locker room, there's nothing worse than one guy ruining an atmosphere. Nothing against the Sabres whatsoever, but they were seriously off the course in acquiring him. If I was the Oilers I wouldn't trade him even for Yak (who I don't have much expectations whatsoever regarding performance). Kane brings a bad attitude and a cap hit. The Jets did trade him away for a reason and I'm sure there are no regrets there.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kassian is different because the idiot got in a car accident and probably realized he's going to kill himself if he continues his ways, so he's going to work his tail off to reform and stay reformed.

Evander Kane is a different story, the guy just does not get it. It has nothing to do his background or a bigger personality, it's plain and simple - The guy is just an idiot of a person, but talented on the ice. We have another that shares that same surname, although this one isn't as good as him on the ice.

Buffalo has 2 options.

1. Wait it out, if he's found innocent, then cool...he can sweep it under the rug and come back and be healthy and have a huge season.

2. He's not innocent, tarnishes his already pathetic reputation, his value is crap and the Sabres keep him to boost his value enough to move him for something half decent at the deadline.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Kassian is different because the idiot got in a car accident and probably realized he's going to kill himself if he continues his ways, so he's going to work his tail off to reform and stay reformed.

Evander Kane is a different story, the guy just does not get it. It has nothing to do his background or a bigger personality, it's plain and simple - The guy is just an idiot of a person, but talented on the ice. We have another that shares that same surname, although this one isn't as good as him on the ice.

Buffalo has 2 options.

1. Wait it out, if he's found innocent, then cool...he can sweep it under the rug and come back and be healthy and have a huge season.

2. He's not innocent, tarnishes his already pathetic reputation, his value is crap and the Sabres keep him to boost his value enough to move him for something half decent at the deadline.

If he's guilty I hope they suspend him for the year...tho I doubt it's possible with the Players Union and all.

I'm a big fan of Kanes..but you don't learn without consequences..

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Pouliot > Kane at this point for me. Dont let the draft pedigree of Kane fool you, the guy will be out of the NHL very soon.

I'd much rather keep the guy who is an effective but injury prone player over the effective but diminishing headcase.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Pouliot > Kane at this point for me. Dont let the draft pedigree of Kane fool you, the guy will be out of the NHL very soon.

I'd much rather keep the guy who is an effective but injury prone player over the effective but diminishing headcase.

On the ice he's a great player. He doesn't score quite as much as people thought he would in the NHL but he's a really hard working player with good offensive upside that can be effective in many situations.

But yeah... he's got a lot of issues and I think it's fair to say that some or maybe many fans imagine the idea of having him on the team being like throwing a hand grenade into the dressing room.

I think that many of us thought that being traded to Buffalo would be a good wake-up call for him, but given the recent news regarding his social life I don't think you can blame people for thinking that he hasn't changed one bit.

I donno if Buffalo is going to be able to get rid of him in the off-season. They could choose not to protect him when the expansion draft comes along, but I really don't know if a move to Vegas would be in his best interest.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
On the ice he's a great player. He doesn't score quite as much as people thought he would in the NHL but he's a really hard working player with good offensive upside that can be effective in many situations.

But yeah... he's got a lot of issues and I think it's fair to say that some or maybe many fans imagine the idea of having him on the team being like throwing a hand grenade into the dressing room.

I think that many of us thought that being traded to Buffalo would be a good wake-up call for him, but given the recent news regarding his social life I don't think you can blame people for thinking that he hasn't changed one bit.

I donno if Buffalo is going to be able to get rid of him in the off-season. They could choose not to protect him when the expansion draft comes along, but I really don't know if a move to Vegas would be in his best interest.
I really hope the Sabres challenge Vegas to take him. The guy just doesn't care how he's perceived by either the public or teammates, and I doubt he ever will. Its basically the Sean Avery gene.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Ultimately I think Kane will get dealt for crap.... Maybe even bought out like ribiero in phx

if anything he gets exposed and scooped up by Vegas.

Gawd imagine E Kane in vegas and the train wreck that would be. Then again they would be stupid to pass on him

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
if anything he gets exposed and scooped up by Vegas.

Gawd imagine E Kane in vegas and the train wreck that would be. Then again they would be stupid to pass on him
Not really, an expansion team will have a lot of young guys and he may not be a personality you want around them. Especially with his love for the nightlife.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
If Evander Kane is gonna go somewhere, it should be into a strong locker room with established leaders and a winning mentality. Irrespective of the cap situation, a team like the Pens, the Kings, the Bolts, the Hawks or the Sharks would all probably be fantastic landing spots for Kane.

Conversely, if the Oilers trade for anyone, it shouldnt be for a player who has a "reputation" (deserved or undeserved) when they are trying to get a young core into the habit of winning. Taking a gamble on a guy like Kane is worth it to unleash his immense talent. But the Oilers have plenty of talent already.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If Evander Kane is gonna go somewhere, it should be into a strong locker room with established leaders and a winning mentality. Irrespective of the cap situation, a team like the Pens, the Kings, the Bolts, the Hawks or the Sharks would all probably be fantastic landing spots for Kane.

Conversely, if the Oilers trade for anyone, it shouldnt be for a player who has a "reputation" (deserved or undeserved) when they are trying to get a young core into the habit of winning. Taking a gamble on a guy like Kane is worth it to unleash his immense talent. But the Oilers have plenty of talent already.

Not sure if this describes the kings anymore. Richards, Stoll, and Voynov situations have all been taxing on player management relationships. Than you have Brown being stripped of the C this year, and what looks like a beef between him and Sutter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad