Proposal: Evander Kane to Edmonton

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Pretty sure Chia was interested in Kane when he was with Boston. Their willingness to bring in Kassian and then re-sign him speaks to his belief in 2nd chances.

They have kept him on a short leash and I am sure they can do the same for Kane. If it goes south they can just expose him to Vegas.

3rd Chances? :laugh:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I do not find it fair...because i have no interest in the players offered.

yup no interest in a player who scored more points than Kane in 10 less GP and makes a lot less.
Value wise Kane might not even fetch Yakupov by himself let alone adding a player with similar on ice production and no off ice issues.

Kassian was on a 20 goal pace in 2014\15 but was dumped for Ben friggin Scrivens because the organization had enough of him.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
yup no interest in a player who scored more points than Kane in 10 less GP and makes a lot less.
Value wise Kane might not even fetch Yakupov by himself let alone adding a player with similar on ice production and no off ice issues.

Kassian was on a 20 goal pace in 2014\15 but was dumped for Ben friggin Scrivens because the organization had enough of him.

Kane does so much more than points. But you keep wanting those points. :popcorn:

*cough* Unless we're talking Lucic over Hall. :sarcasm:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Buffalo would bite their hands off at that offer to get rid of him.

No, actually Buffalo wouldn't. This stuff about trying to dump Kane is way overblown. Just listen to the Tim Murray interview about this whole situation.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Pretty sure Chia was interested in Kane when he was with Boston. Their willingness to bring in Kassian and then re-sign him speaks to his belief in 2nd chances.

They have kept him on a short leash and I am sure they can do the same for Kane. If it goes south they can just expose him to Vegas.

The first step to changing is actually wanting to change, I don't think Kane is there yet and I don't think he was remorseful for any of his past transgressions. Change was forced upon Kassian through the NHL substance abuse program, basically clean up your act or your NHL career is over, he has done that and has been a model citizen since. What's going to force Kane to change?

McDavidbowie said:
Anything he sees from Kane, he would have already seen from Hall.
That's completely baseless, Hall did partake in recreational drinking and he enjoyed the bachelor life and having sex with beautiful women, I haven't heard any knocks on him beyond that, if you can even consider those knocks. First point is Hall was loved by his teammates and both McDavid and Draisaitl looked upto him, Kane was despised by his teammates in Winnipeg they openly called him unprofessional, questioned his commitment to the team, and didn't want him around. Kane was also so immature that after the Jets traded him off, he didn't take it as a signal that he should change, but implied that he was interested in fighting the Jets leadership core who he felt mistreated him. Kane missed team meetings/practice, cause he rather be partying it up and attending the NBA all-star game, showing that he puts himself before the team and he broke team dress code, Hall had no such transgressions. While I agree with you the money phone incident was blown out of proportion it demonstrates the lack of maturity and common sense the young man has, it reflected poorly on his team and on the NHLPA during the lockout year. I won't hold Kane's most recent incident against him since as of now they are just allegations, but if they end up being true, you can add battery and attempted rape to his repertoire of character flaws.

Taylor Hall has been a model citizen whenever the spotlight has been on him, he actively participates in charity work and he opened up his home to teammates Connor McDavid and Luke Gazdic out of the goodness of his heart. Hall hasn't had any legal problems and was never disciplined for breaking any team code of conduct policy.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The first step to changing is actually wanting to change, I don't think Kane is there yet and I don't think he was remorseful for any of his past transgressions. Change was forced upon Kassian through the NHL substance abuse program, basically clean up your act or your NHL career is over, he has done that and has been a model citizen since. What's going to force Kane to change?

That's completely baseless, Hall did partake in recreational drinking and he enjoyed the bachelor life and having sex with beautiful women, I haven't heard any knocks on him beyond that, if you can even consider those knocks. First point is Hall was loved by his teammates and both McDavid and Draisaitl looked upto him, Kane was despised by his teammates in Winnipeg they openly called unprofessional, questioned his commitment to the team, and didn't want him around. Kane was also so immature that after the Jets traded him off, he didn't take it as a signal that he should change, but implied that he was interested in fighting the Jets leadership core who he felt mistreated him. Kane missed team meetings/practice, cause he rather be partying it up and attending the NBA all-star game, showing that he puts himself before the team and he broke team dress code, Hall had no such transgressions. While I agree with you the money phone incident was blown out of proportion it demonstrates the lack of maturity and common sense the young man has, it reflected poorly on his team and on the NHLPA during the lockout year. I won't hold Kane's most recent incident against him since as of now they are just allegations, but if they end up being true, you can add battery and attempted rape to his repertoire of character flaws.

Taylor Hall has been a model citizen whenever the spotlight has been on him, he actively participates in charity work and he opened up his home to teammates Connor McDavid and Luke Gazdic. Hall hasn't had any legal problems and was never disciplined for breaking any team code of conduct policy.

Battery? Attempted rape? :laugh:

Whaaaaa?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You know he's being investigated for misdemeanor harassment right?

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I would like to see EK traded back to the Jets just to see his head 'splode.....

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Both teams should just walk away from this one.

on one hand, Kane can get more, but EDM isn't the place for him. He'd nuke every personality in that dressing room.

On a related note, if Kane were exposed and got picked up by Vegas, BUF would make a young mans dreams come true...

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
I'm secretly hoping that he joins EDM and continues the dumpster fire.

But that's just wishing. Chia doesn't seem like the kind of GM that would entertain a player like Kane.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
sorry to break your heart son but the Oilers tire fire is over! management and coaching are pushing hard to change the culture of the team and it will be significantly different here by training camp because i don't believe Chia is anywhere close to being done.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Battery? Attempted rape? :laugh:

Whaaaaa?

If the allegations are true, he put his hands around a womens throat which could constitute battery. Side note most people think of battery as a higher level of assault, but assault actually involves no physical contact, it is the implication of harm, whereas battery is when there is physical contact. Battery is further defined as being either harmful or offensive physical contact, while no indications have been made that the contact was harmful in that any physical injury resulted from it, it could be construed as offensive physical contact which requires no bruising or physical injury, just that they found the "injured party" found the contact to be insulting. Also the reports say he tried to force the women into his car, if you think he was doing that cause he really wanted to show her his stamp collection you are naive to the Nth degree, I think what his intentions would be are pretty clear, proving that against the kind of Lawyers Kane can afford to hire without him being half way into the act would in all likelihood be next to impossible.

Last edited:

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Already sick of the Pouliot+Yakupov proposals

If you are looking for a mid 2nd round pick, that package might get it done. (if you take a cap dump)

Otherwise, no dice

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If the allegations are true, he put his hands around a womens throat which could constitute battery. Side note most people think of battery as a higher level of assault, but assault actually involves no physical contact, it is the implication of harm, whereas battery is when there is physical contact. Battery is further defined as being either harmful or offensive physical contact, while no indications have been made that the contact was harmful in that any physical injury resulted from it, it could be construed as offensive physical contact which requires no bruising or physical injury, just that they found the "injured party" found the contact to be insulting. Also the reports say he tried to force the women into his car, if you think he was doing that cause he really wanted to show her his stamp collection you are naive to the Nth degree, I think what his intentions would be are pretty clear, proving that against the kind of Lawyers Kane can afford to hire without him being half way into the act would in all likelihood be next to impossible.

Two police reports were filed against Evander Kane in the early hours of Friday morning. One claims inside the bar Bottoms Up, Kane grabbed a 20 year old woman by the arms and tried to force her out of the bar. Another report claims Kane threatened and made derogatory comments towards a woman inside Bottoms Up and outside grabbed her around the throat and tried pushing her into his car.

News 4 legal analyst Terry Connors said the reports are filed for claims of physical harassment, which in this case is a violation and not a crime.

“If there is no claim of physical injury or serious physical injury, that’s what limits the charge and makes only the charge of harassment available,” said Connors, explaining why authorities can’t pursue a higher charge like assault.

Connors said police now have to investigate the credibility of the complaint.

“They’ll look to see, was there a video for example that tells a different story? Were there eye witnesses, people who were actually there?” said Connors. “They’ll also look to see if the individuals have been drinking, either side. Were they under the influence of alcohol? Is that a factor in their actions? Does that explain some of the claims being made? They’ll look to see, have individuals made prior claims like this that have been proven to be untrue?”

The Erie County District Attorney ultimately decides whether there will be charges.

If Evander Kane is charged for the harassment violation, he faces up to 14 days in jail and a fine.

http://wivb.com/2016/06/27/legal-analyst-explains-possible-next-steps-in-evander-kane-investigation/

But yeah...keep slandering the man claiming battery and attempted rape is a possible charge.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That guy should have retired right after he knocked out Matt Cooke.

That dude is poison. Buffalo can keep him.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Pouliot (1mil retained)+Yakupov

for

Kane

Yak needs a change of scenery and Kane needs to avoid more legal issues.

Pouliot is an analytics darling and has produced well for the Oilers but Chia has already traded him once and will likely do so again.

easy no from oilers. why is Buffalo rumoured to be trading the guy? because the guy is a headache in the room and off ice.

gm is not happy
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sabres-gm-murray-unhappy-kanes-latest-legal-trouble/

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Yes in a heartbeat from Buffalo.

you are doing it wrong...
gotta play it cool, pump up your guy and bash down the players mentioned from the other team... Because GMs actually read the hockeyboards..

Work on the following:
"I dont care for player x and y and would rather take a 2nd instead of them"
"Not a bit intersted in garbage offered"
etc etc

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Edmonton is finally straightenining their franchise out, adding Evander Kane will totally take them 3 steps back.

He's an on ice and locker room cancer.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Kane does so much more than points. But you keep wanting those points. :popcorn:

*cough* Unless we're talking Lucic over Hall. :sarcasm:
yes we all know all the other **** Kane does. You keep paying that 40 point injury prone winger 6 million a year. His off ice distractions I'm sure bring a lot of fans out for games :popcorn:

I'd imagine that Lucic has less patience than Byfuglien so it wouldn't bode well for Evander. The kids an embarrassment to the NHL. He can go to Russia and take Radulovs spot. Imagine the stacks of ruples he could flaunt.

Side note: I wonder if Murray could pull the plug on Kane the same way Lombardi did with Richards?

1Toews9

Nov 24, 2015

This is not a 2nd chance though... this would be 3 or 4 now. lol

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I do not find it fair...because i have no interest in the players offered.

Why not? Pouliout is a similar quality player as Kane and would be much cheaper. Both are decent middle 6 LWs and nothing more, I find Kane's hockey abilities really overrated. Tremendous athlete, its too bad that doesn't translate to more success for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->