Proposal: Evander Kane to Edmonton

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
Pouliot (1mil retained)+Yakupov

for

Kane

Yak needs a change of scenery and Kane needs to avoid more legal issues.

Pouliot is an analytics darling and has produced well for the Oilers but Chia has already traded him once and will likely do so again.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
No thanks.

Rather have Pou. His recreational habits could have a disastrous effect on our young team. Kassian is a different suituation and is being kept on a long leash.

Doesnt have the personality chia likes.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
No thanks.

Rather have Pou. His recreational habits could have a disastrous effect on our young team. Kassian is a different suituation and is being kept on a long leash.

Doesnt have the personality chia likes.

Pretty sure Chia was interested in Kane when he was with Boston. Their willingness to bring in Kassian and then re-sign him speaks to his belief in 2nd chances.

They have kept him on a short leash and I am sure they can do the same for Kane. If it goes south they can just expose him to Vegas.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
Maybe. But just think they won't want to pay Pouliot and yak when they have their own players needing raises soon

Pouliot would cost 3mil if Edmonton is retaining. That is a bargain. Yak is on a cheap deal also and could thrive out East.

Deedog

Nov 27, 2015
He could take Mcdavid under his wing and show him how to be a pro

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Why would the Oilers bring in Kane into their dressing room?
No need for the supposed "upgrade" on Pouliot.

crayzy8

Jul 7, 2009
Carleton Place
Pouliot (1mil retained)+Yakupov

for

Kane

Yak needs a change of scenery and Kane needs to avoid more legal issues.

Pouliot is an analytics darling and has produced well for the Oilers but Chia has already traded him once and will likely do so again.

With Kane's recent run in with the law, I'd be very surprised if anyone paid this type of premium for him.

I could see a team paying a low draft pick and possibly a B prospect for him. He's done nothing but embarrass himself wherever he went.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I tried to give Kane the benefit of doubt with his 2nd chance in Buffalo. But right now, I just don't think he is worth it. Despite his vast talents.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Pretty sure Chia was interested in Kane when he was with Boston. Their willingness to bring in Kassian and then re-sign him speaks to his belief in 2nd chances.

They have kept him on a short leash and I am sure they can do the same for Kane. If it goes south they can just expose him to Vegas.

Is this anything more than your opinion? I don't remember Chia being after Kane.

Also, there's something to be said for the differences between 2nd chances and like...8th chances.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
:shakehead

yup Hall and all his troubles.. Good riddance this woman choker, over sleeper, sexual assaulter, money flaunter!

"alleged"...

And oh no, a money phone, I hear those are toxic. :shakehead

Hall had his troubles but that isn't for this thread. Just pointing out that he had a bar star for a room mate and it didn't ruin him.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
Is this anything more than your opinion? I don't remember Chia being after Kane.

Also, there's something to be said for the differences between 2nd chances and like...8th chances.

http://www.tsn.ca/conventional-vs-kane-ventional-wisdom-1.203159

It is true contending teams who had strong interest in a healthy Kane – Anaheim, Boston, Pittsburgh and Montreal, amongst others – dropped by the wayside, for the next three weeks anyway, the moment Kane opted for surgery.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
No interest on selling low on Kane.

I'll happily keep him

McPhatty00

Apr 23, 2014
State College, PA

While I would take it, I'm not really sure why Chia would want Kane. Also, this is his 2nd chance. The Oilers would be his 3rd.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
No interest on selling low on Kane.

I'll happily keep him

It is a fair offer, and with his legal issues he may be traded anyways.

While I would take it, I'm not really sure why Chia would want Kane. Also, this is his 2nd chance. The Oilers would be his 3rd.

Kassian was a 3rd chance also.

Hell he just signed Fraser..... He loves these guys.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It is a fair offer, and with his legal issues he may be traded anyways.

Kassian was a 3rd chance also.

Hell he just signed Fraser..... He loves these guys.

I do not find it fair...because i have no interest in the players offered.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
That is from when Kane was still with Jets and is pre his legal troubles.

Comparing Hall to him is just ignorant.. Hall may be your average teenager jerk at the bar but never had any legal troubles.
Being a bar star isnt a crime.. some of the things Kane is alleged for is.

Kane's leash should be shorter than Kassian wherever he ends up next season.

It wasn't a direct comparison. What I am saying is that McDavid was surrounded by bar stars, recovering addicts, and a fishbowl market and none of that phased him.

Edmonton is notorious for being a last stop for quite a few NHLers. It might be enough to smarten Kane up.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Edmonton would be better off holding onto their vet, and seeing how Yak develops. Giving them up for Kane, who will cause them nothing but headaches for however many more seasons he manages to stay in the NHL isn't a great idea in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->