Proposal: Evander Kane to Edmonton

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
whats the latest rumour on Yakupov? still expecting him to be traded this summer?

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Not the slightest interest from this Sabres fan.

Less than thrilled about Kane's off ice antics, but on ice he's a valuable player who brings it every night and gives the team options.
There's other ways of dealing with this than giving a player away for nothing.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
http://wivb.com/2016/06/27/legal-analyst-explains-possible-next-steps-in-evander-kane-investigation/

But yeah...keep slandering the man claiming battery and attempted rape is a possible charge.

FYI. slander is spoken defamation of character, me typing things would fall under the area of libel. I didn't say he would be charged with those things, just that his purported actions could logically be construed as such. It was clear from the outset without some strong impetus from the injured parties to pursue legal action (which doesn't sound like it is the case) or Kane being caught red-handed doing something illegal, his charges will likely be the equivalent of a slap on the wrist if they are even pursued at all. I also don't need to go out of my way to defame Kane's character he's doing a pretty fine job of it all by himself.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Buffalo keeps him. Not that interested in Pouliot.

Give him more ice time, an 'A', PP and a nightly curfew to tell the world he's doing great and thriving with new responsibilities. Then ship him out to the highest bidder next year .

His stupidness can't be a good influence on the young kids in that locker room.

BeastMode97

Jan 4, 2015
whats the latest rumour on Yakupov? still expecting him to be traded this summer?

By the sounds of it he isn't moving. Chiarelli said at the draft that he has no knowledge of Yak even requesting a trade. It was just the agent being an idiot apparently.

Really no point of moving him unless its for another young, struggling player with high potential. Moving him for a late pick isn't worth it.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
It might be worth revisiting if Vesey signs somewhere else. If Vesey does sign, we won't have room for an additional winger.

Kane- ROR - Okposo
Vesey - Eichel - Reinhart
Moulson - Girgensons - Ennis
Foligno - Larsson - Gionta
Deslauries
Bailey
Fasching

We'd basically be forced to make Moulson or Yakupov a 13th forward, or trade someone for peanuts.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
By the sounds of it he isn't moving. Chiarelli said at the draft that he has no knowledge of Yak even requesting a trade. It was just the agent being an idiot apparently.

Really no point of moving him unless its for another young, struggling player with high potential. Moving him for a late pick isn't worth it.

Although I do believe what Chia said maybe a tab bity of a lie to booster value....I do believe it would be better served for Yak to change his agent.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
FYI. slander is spoken defamation of character, me typing things would fall under the area of libel. I didn't say he would be charged with those things, just that his purported actions could logically be construed as such. It was clear from the outset without some strong impetus from the injured parties to pursue legal action (which doesn't sound like it is the case) or Kane being caught red-handed doing something illegal, his charges will likely be the equivalent of a slap on the wrist if they are even pursued at all. I also don't need to go out of my way to defame Kane's character he's doing a pretty fine job of it all by himself.

FYI libel is published writing. This is not considered published, otherwise what you typed would be considered as such because there have not even been charges suggesting that. You've stretched your narrative past the truth to the point of misleading folks, then tried to defend it. Furthermore, there has been very little to no evidence supporting the charges thus far.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Where there's smoke, there's fire.

I do not want this guy anywhere near the Oilers. At least Kassian admitted he knew he had issues and was working on himself... and he came cheap.

Kane is a better player than Kassian but my gut says he has not learned from the error in his ways yet and the Oilers should steer clear.

Chiquito

Oct 7, 2007
Guayaquil, Ecuador
In the 1980s Kane would be the type of player Glen Sather would jump at.... he would then become an integral piece of a championship team. But I guess salary cap issues make it a much more dangerous gamble today.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I still offer 2 2nd round picks for him. Subject to change of course depending on his actions moving forward.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Kane to Edmonton actually make sense for the Oilers.

They need grit and toughness in their top 6. Yakupov for Kane could be really good. Gives Yakupov a fresh start... He makes less so its easier to swallow $ wise. RFA so Buffalo can't just lose him.
If Kane works out in Edm, they have a very skilled and very tough top 6 (Lucic and Kane in the top 6, ouch!)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Kane to Edmonton actually make sense for the Oilers.

They need grit and toughness in their top 6. Yakupov for Kane could be really good. Gives Yakupov a fresh start... He makes less so its easier to swallow $ wise. RFA so Buffalo can't just lose him.
If Kane works out in Edm, they have a very skilled and very tough top 6 (Lucic and Kane in the top 6, ouch!)

Edmonton really isn't lacking size and grit. Lucic alone is more than most teams have and we have Kassian, Maroon, Pouliot, Draisaitl and Nurse.

Chiarelli might consider buying low on Kane after his legal troubles are sorted out. I wouldn't move Pouliot for him personally. Benoit is a leader on the team and we're not loaded with experience.

Griffin Reinhart probably makes the most sense. bottom pairing LD who might develop into a #4. That's the highest I'd go for Kane.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You are probably right. I stand corrected.

Paying the clown $6mil in HOPES that he gets his act together isnt worth it no.

Is Kane really making 6mil per? I thought it was $4 mil...I must have missed something

Edit, just checked. 6 million per with a 5.25 million cap hit.

I didn't realize, ok, I want no part of Kane unless Fayne is included

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Buffalo has zero interest in the lesser Reinhart. Murray is building a team of speed, size and skill. He's noted speed and skill but there's clearly plenty of size. Griff is lacking 2 of those attributes. If Murray were strangely interested in Reinhart, it certainly wouldn't cost Kane. Nor would Reinhart pique TM's interest any more than any of the other silly Kane proposals wafting around.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
The Oilers should continue spending their resources upgrading on defence. The developing forwards need to know that every mistake they make won't end up in their net. (unlike the last 10 years)

Kane would be best in a situation with a strongly established vet core, where one weirdo can't disrupt the team. Salary cap squashes most of those scenarios.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Don't want a guy like that in the room. Easy pass.
Is he seriously making 6 million. Wow.
Edit: Just checked he's making 5.25. Still bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad