Player Discussion Evan Bouchard: Scoring like mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
If Craig Button was so smart, he'd still be working in the NHL.
Yeah, that's it.
I laugh at fans that get all twisted because a hockey guy doesn't drool over their teams prospect and doesn't have pictures of the kid in his bedroom.
If you actually heard what Button said, nothing he said was remotely offside and was indeed very accurate and to degree, complimentary.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Oilers draft pick he wasn't "high" on before they picked him, it's not more complicated then that.
He was though. He had Bouchard #9 in his final rankings.

0:46 Button fawns over Bouchard and says he reminds him of HOF defenseman Larry Murphy.

Weird guy. Since the draft it's been almost nothing but criticisms. There won't be a peep from him if he's wrong.

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
I just hope that Holland proceeds with caution, because he needs to prepare for the expansion draft. One of Jones, Lagesson, Persson, or Benning need to be given a 2 year extension, and that player MUST meet the # of games played required. Otherwise we'll be forced to expose Bear.

"One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons." - source
Good point. Tough decision. Would be a good poll. You know what you have in Benson. The other three are all giant question marks that show decent potential. Play ball.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

0:46 Button fawns over Bouchard and says he reminds him of HOF defenseman Larry Murphy.

Weird guy. Since the draft it's been almost nothing but criticisms. There won't be a peep from him if he's wrong.

To sum it up, he loved Bouchard until the Oilers drafted him.

He loved Broberg, but now that he's an Oilers he's out of the top-50 prospect list.

I see a pattern emerging.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Again, he got called out because he's an ***hole by Oilers fans when he died on the hill that was Pat Maroon, and now he will **** all over everything Oilers because of his soft ego. Sure be nice if the Media person who has him on all the time called him out once in a while. If "gets so offended" he doesn't want to do media spots, there are other guys with more knowledge.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I have some good news: Craig Button's opinion of our prospects - and in fact anyone's opinion - will have no impact whatsoever on how they turn out. So you don't need to get upset over a list like this, or over another user's list in the Prospect forum.
Of course, however the "Paid Expert" deserves condemnation for this kind of behaviour.

Reactions: Aerchon

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

From a Larry Murphy clone to needing a pacemaker in a matter of months. Poor Bouchard.

Broberg was #7 on his June 2019 rankings too. Now he's garbage.

Reactions: nabob and TB12

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
I don't mind button. I used to get angry at some of his opinions but he was the one that said McDavid has the skating of Bure, hands of Lemieux and the vision of Gretzky. :)

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007

I guess my interactions with him on twitter have been nothing but cordial. He's full on said when he's wrong about something and thanked me for pointing it out.

Reactions: Daryls Nose

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
With his goal tonight he is tied for most goals for a rookie defenseman with 6 and only 2 back of the top goalscoring AHL defenseman former Oiler Chris Wideman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille