Player Discussion Evan Bouchard: Scoring like mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oilers don't choke in the playoffs. Maybe once against Gretz's Kings

Well, we did have one game worth forgetting in our 1 playoff in 13 years. Definitely a pad grab involved, but damn it did we ever play scared out of our minds in the solid 3 minutes of panic leading up to the infamous moment.

But yeah, I just mainly meant taking part in something really bad happening. Usually it's an 82 game run of pain and disappointment. Bouchard is just got a compressed version of a typical Oilers season over a week there :)

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Soooooo....on a side note, I was looking up Knights stats to see who was responsible for the 4 in a row collapse. Now how the hELL does Adam Boqvist get 10 goals in 11 playoff games and still come out with a -4!!!

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Soooooo....on a side note, I was looking up Knights stats to see who was responsible for the 4 in a row collapse. Now how the hELL does Adam Boqvist get 10 goals in 11 playoff games and still come out with a -4!!!
The game he had 4 I’m pretty sure 3 were on the power play.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

Boqvist wasn't always paired with Bouchard. I don't know if Dale Hunter mixed the d pairings during the games but it's interesting to see how many of Boqvist's points come when he's out there with Bouchard.

The game he had 4 I’m pretty sure 3 were on the power play.

Yes, 3 of those 4 were on the PP. He was also on the ice for 2 EVGA, so he was -1 for the game.

Game 3, he was 1-1-2, with both points on the PP but he was -3. Bouchard was also on the ice for those 3 goals against but was on for 2 EVGF and finished at even.

Game 6, he had a PP goal but was on for 3 EVGA (Bouchard was on the ice for 2 of those).

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Boqvist wasn't always paired with Bouchard. I don't know if Dale Hunter mixed the d pairings during the games but it's interesting to see how many of Boqvist's points come when he's out there with Bouchard.

Yes, 3 of those 4 were on the PP. He was also on the ice for 2 EVGA, so he was -1 for the game.

Game 3, he was 1-1-2, with both points on the PP but he was -3. Bouchard was also on the ice for those 3 goals against but was on for 2 EVGF and finished at even.

Game 6, he had a PP goal but was on for 3 EVGA (Bouchard was on the ice for 2 of those).
I didn't see any of the games, but from what I heard Hunter was riding Bouchard like a horse. I've tried to find any reports of ice time for the OHL playoffs, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bouchard was out there with multiple D partners averaging 30-35 minutes a night.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I didn't see any of the games, but from what I heard Hunter was riding Bouchard like a horse. I've tried to find any reports of ice time for the OHL playoffs, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bouchard was out there with multiple D partners averaging 30-35 minutes a night.

I believe, but don't quote me, I saw someone comment he played 38min one game

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I believe, but don't quote me, I saw someone comment he played 38min one game
I think this is a major reason why he gets so much hate. Hunter has rode him far too much for 2 seasons straight, and eventually the guy has a bad game or two after being lights out for most of the playoffs and suddenly we start to hear the old tiresome comments about how he won't be able to cut it in the NHL. You won't find a 20 or younger dman who doesn't make mistakes or have bad games, which in itself is another reason to pump up Samorukov because by all accounts he has been consistent and steady all playoffs long.

You can't teach Bouchard's calmness and poise with the puck, or his elite vision, passing, and ability to get pucks through on net. I really don't think London gave him a fair chance to refine his defensive game by constantly having him play huge minutes every night, but I'd much rather have a guy who has Bouchard's attributes with a raw defensive game than a guy who has a refined defensive game without those special offensive abilities and poise with the puck. The latter will never develop those, while the former certainly can.

I look at a guy like Dumba who was poor defensively in junior due to poor defensive reads and decision making, but who had great offensive attributes and it makes me not even worry about Bouchard. The maturity in his game will come, but we should all be more than happy about the absolutely elite parts of his game.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Game winning goal and 2 assists in his AHL debut.

f*** Yeah!

Edit: not GW goal.

Last edited:

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
On the shot he took for his goal, it looks like he's skating backwards when the puck goes to him and he still gets it off in one motion. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad