Player Discussion Evan Bouchard: Scoring like mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Not worried about bouchard, he is an offensive dman which is what we need desperately. Samurkov is the big surprise. He is beginning to look like a stud player.

They could very well be a pairing next year, and it'll be THE thing to watch in Bako.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Knights fans, feel free to post critiques of his overall game, series, etc. But please don't turn his into a Bouchard bash fest, that would be better suited for the prospects board.

Reactions: KYams17 and 780il

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not worried about bouchard, he is an offensive dman which is what we need desperately. Samurkov is the big surprise. He is beginning to look like a stud player.

Naturally you want your defenseman to be able to play D, but we drafted him mostly for his offensive skills. Samorukov turning into a potential two way stud is icing on the cake.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Knights fans, feel free to post critiques of his overall game, series, etc. But please don't turn his into a Bouchard bash fest, that would be better suited for the prospects board.
I felt his defensive game was exposed this series. Wasn't awful by any means but very sloppy defensively. AHL time will serve him well.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wasn't his plus minus great?

Just stat watching it certainly doesn't seem like Bouchard was even remotely the cause of the team losing.
It wasn't really a ton of direct goals against but pressure was sustained against because of him.

Not saying he is a lost cause or anything but needs some time with Manson to settle and learn to defend better.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Wasn't his plus minus great?

Just stat watching it certainly doesn't seem like Bouchard was even remotely the cause of the team losing.

I have a friend who was watching who said that the bottom half of the d lineup got really exposed and he thought Bouchard looked fine defensively. I didn't see the games so I can't comment, but the +/- sort of supports what he was saying.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I have a friend who was watching who said that the bottom half of the d lineup got really exposed and he thought Bouchard looked fine defensively. I didn't see the games so I can't comment, but the +/- sort of supports what he was saying.

Adam Boqvist was 4-2-6 in the series but he was -6. Bouchard was 2-9-11 and -1 but 3 were on ENGs.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He'll take alot of unnecessary heat now that they lost. Not saying he is perfect, and he could have lead better these last 4 games, but he is by far from the reason they lost

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
We just witness both Tampa and Pittsburgh, contenders, get swept.

Playoffs is always a different animal in any league.
You never know what your gonna get, everyone starts at zero.
This year, it's underdogs taking down giants. Just unreal.
Still, I bet that was tough for Bouchard and hope he learned some things from the losses.
I'm stoked for Samorukov.
I'm excited for both these players!

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Guelph loaded up their team with 20 year old players, they were in it to win it, Columbus style. London, you'll recall, wasn't expected to be a great team this year. Shocking to lose 4 straight games, especially being up 3-1, but that Guelph team is pretty stacked and deeper than London was.

Reactions: joestevens29

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I feel like this is the best case scenario for the Oilers. Bouchard is expected to be ready for he big leagues far sooner than a guy like Samourokov and now Evan potentially can be apart of a long playoff run which will give better insight on whether or not he can be ready for the NHL next year than remaining in the OHL playoffs.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I feel like this is the best case scenario for the Oilers. Bouchard is expected to be ready for he big leagues far sooner than a guy like Samourokov and now Evan potentially can be apart of a long playoff run which will give better insight on whether or not he can be ready for the NHL next year than remaining in the OHL playoffs.
Is it confirmed that he will go to the AHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad