Player Discussion Evan Bouchard: Scoring like mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Seeing them both on the same team I now wonder if Chicago regrets picking boquist over Bouchard.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
So you think putting Ty Smith, Owen Tippet and Noah Dobson higher up in the top 50 prospects over Bouchard was completely justified and did not raise the eyebrows of more than just Oiler fans?
That's not what the issue was about. You stated " HFers and hockey morons like Button: Bouchards game wont translate to the NHL." That's not close to what he said.
Furthermore, all those guys were relatively high 1st rounders all of 8 months ago. Its not an outrageous thing to say and its certainly nothing to get "butthurt" over

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
That's not what the issue was about. You stated " HFers and hockey morons like Button: Bouchards game wont translate to the NHL." That's not close to what he said.
Furthermore, all those guys were relatively high 1st rounders all of 8 months ago. Its not an outrageous thing to say and its certainly nothing to get "********" over

Let's be up front.

We got to see Bouchard play a few games in the NHL earlier this year and he was exactly what we were expecting. (An unfinished product. Way too young to be expected to do anything on the rear at that age, obviously)

We didn't need to read/hear whatever Button the buffoon did or didn't say to know that.
Fact is that he's at least a few years away from doing anything that matters for us.
If all goes well he'll be a great help in the 20/21 season.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Let's be up front.

We got to see Bouchard play a few games in the NHL earlier this year and he was exactly what we were expecting. (An unfinished product. Way too young to be expected to do anything on the rear at that age, obviously)

We didn't need to read/hear whatever Button the buffoon did or didn't say to know that.
Fact is that he's at least a few years away from doing anything that matters for us.
If all goes well he'll be a great help in the 20/21 season.

This is very true. People putting him into the lineup next year really make me shake my head. Why not have him play 1 or 2 years in the AHL, and learn the pro game? Have we not learned anything as Oilers fans over the past decade of futility, in regards to rushing prospects?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Looking forward to seeing if he can score at a PPG in the AHL next year. That Bakersfield Defence could be fun to watch if they keep all of them.

When was the last time a 20 year old Dman scored at a PPG rate in the AHL? Just curious if anybody knows. I can't imagine that this is common, at all.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
When was the last time a 20 year old Dman scored at a PPG rate in the AHL? Just curious if anybody knows. I can't imagine that this is common, at all.
Tim Heed 16-17 was PPG.He was 25
Tj Brennan at 24 was just under PPG. At 23 he did 35 in 36 games
Schultz at 22 was the last rookie
Gragani at 23 was just under
Subban in 9-10 was .69

I quit at 08-09 if you want to continue. Simple answer is no one that I can see

TheAHL.com

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Jones - Bear
Samarukov - Bouchard
Lagesson - Day

Holy moly.

I can’t remember the last time we’ve had this much quality depth for D prospects.

We might even be able to snag Byram, Soderstrom, or York in this draft as well.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Tim Heed 16-17 was PPG.He was 25
Tj Brennan at 24 was just under PPG. At 23 he did 35 in 36 games
Schultz at 22 was the last rookie
Gragani at 23 was just under
Subban in 9-10 was .69

I quit at 08-09 if you want to continue. Simple answer is no one that I can see

TheAHL.com

Thanks Joe!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

This is a 19 year old with stats people are considering on a godly tier in the A.

Erik Brannstrom Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

I guess it depends on the opportunity he's given as well (does he crack 1st PP right away with woodcroft?). But yeah, anything over 0.5ppg, I'd be pretty encouraged.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
What concerns me is in reading the Swedish scouting reports the Swedes are not high on him as they are on other players

Why would it be concerning? Older late bloomer makes good at opportunity. High risk because he is older getting experience at a higher level then most scouts projected and may not be refined as a player but will be given an opportunity at NHL position to see if his game will translate?
I'm sure there are better (younger) players with potential they might be comparing him too but I am looking forward to see what Persson can do over here. I hope he can adapt quick and take hold of the opportunity.

Reactions: LaGu

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Why would it be concerning? Older late bloomer makes good at opportunity. High risk because he is older getting experience at a higher level then most scouts projected and may not be refined as a player but will be given an opportunity at NHL position to see if his game will translate?
I'm sure there are better (younger) players with potential they might be comparing him too but I am looking forward to see what Persson can do over here. I hope he can adapt quick and take hold of the opportunity.

We maybe making more of him then there is. Has anyone actually seen him play? Or are we basing everything what little stats we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad