GWT: Europa League - Knockout Playoffs and Knockout Rounds

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bajcetic won't displace Rodri
Spain probably going to play Rodri at CB again. Rodri isn’t even in place so he can’t get displaced.
Baj can play as a DM?
Big yeah he can. Converted him from CB to CM and he hasn’t looked back. Has, without hyperbole, been LFC best player since the World Cup (just ask Mo Salah and he will tell you too). He might be even better as an 8 than a DM but he’s still growing. For Spain he can do the DM stuff because of his possession game, but for that reason he might settle as 8 for LFC. Either way he is a gem. He’s the good thing about this season

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
First time I seen the Europa league thread seeing more traffic than CL thread.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Spain probably going to play Rodri at CB again. Rodri isn’t even in place so he can’t get displaced.

Big yeah he can. Converted him from CB to CM and he hasn’t looked back. Has, without hyperbole, been LFC best player since the World Cup (just ask Mo Salah and he will tell you too). He might be even better as an 8 than a DM but he’s still growing. For Spain he can do the DM stuff because of his possession game, but for that reason he might settle as 8 for LFC. Either way he is a gem. He’s the good thing about this season

He probably wouldnt since Lucho is coaching any more and they can finally let Busi go.

Neither does Barca apparently

Id say wait until the story develops.

Reactions: Savant

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well an exciting match where I feel as though both sides can leave frustrated which probably means a draw was the correct result. From our end, happy with the performance to a degree. Xavi’s selections/decisions again baffle me. If you’re starting Araujo out right, who love him he stays healthy as he’s a beast, and Rashford isn’t on the right, then move him to the middle! And why is Alonso starting? Sure he scored, but he shouldn’t have been out there really. Ter Stegen shouldn’t have let in that first goal, but it was struck really well and Ter Stegen had a couple of big saves otherwise. Gavi was all over the place, in a good way. Alba was dangerous in the first half. Raphinha‘s goal was fortunate, but he did have the assist and again adding goal contributions. Kounde with a poor match. Would have liked to have Frenkie involved in the attack more after Pedri went off. Anyway, hopefully we’re better in the second leg as we have the better side.

I think United have a solid enough squad, but I’d to see them without Rashford and Casemiro. Rashford was excellent and continues to remind me I just traded him in a keeper league. I knew he still had it in him when I traded for him essentially getting him for Inaki Williams, but had to give him up if I was going to get Julian Alvarez. Anyway, excellent strike on his goal. Back to the United squad though, I think they have guys who can be good squad/rotational players, but I imagine some of the wages are high for that.

Barca should clearly be down a man and are instead level. Absolutely disgrace of an officiating performance overall.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt assuming you made this at that exact moment in the match and by “overall” you mean both teams were affected as they missed Varane with both arms wrapped around Lewandowski in the box in the first half and Fred’s handball which while probably not intentional is worse then plenty of other handballs I see get called. And if you really want to know how bad the ref was, Casemiro getting a yellow card when probably didn’t even deserve for the first time in his career said it all.

Varcelona paying the ref as usual.

Been happening for 20 years

FFS, I thought the World Cup was over.

His reaction to being subbed off alone should warrant a benching. Not likely though.

Not likely because it shouldn’t. He apologized to Xavi, the supporters and Ferran (who I don’t think it had anything to do with). I he was just feeling himself affecting the match more and more, which he was, and being frustrated at getting pulled. And while Ferran had his moments, at the moment the substitution was made I didn’t agree with it and still don’t.

Are you not entertained? Exciting game of football between two spectacular teams. Gavi isn't ready for games like these yet. Ref was the worst thing today, even though he's usually really good in Serie A.

Not remotely sure what you mean by Gavi not being ready. Are you referring to his boots not being laced?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad