Europa League 2017/2018

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I know there's a ton of fans out there without tickets. I saw videos of fans thrashing the barricades. That's certainly worthy of condemnation, but realistically is nothing out of the ordinary. Fans storming the away section is a pretty common thing in Germany, as well - and it's just about never about guys without tickets. That just seems like jumping to conclusions, to me, even if it makes superficial sense.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I know there's a ton of fans out there without tickets. I saw videos of fans thrashing the barricades. That's certainly worthy of condemnation, but realistically is nothing out of the ordinary. Fans storming the away section is a pretty common thing in Germany, as well - and it's just about never about guys without tickets. That just seems like jumping to conclusions, to me, even if it makes superficial sense.

C'mon, guy.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

It may well be common in Germany but it shouldn't be accepted. Koln fans should be better than this. It's their fault the game is delayed, I just hope it isn't postponed.

This isn't jumping to conclusions either. This is correctly apportioning blame to the guilty party.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's what english do when they go abroad as well.
Not sure why they can't accept it.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
It may well be common in Germany but it shouldn't be accepted here. Koln fans should be better than this. It's their fault the game is delayed, I just hope it isn't postponed.
I'm not saying it should be accepted. I hate that part of the "culture" here, myself - it just isn't nearly as bad as the suggestion of multiple thousand people storming a stadium without tickets. Nothing I've seen and know of the club makes me believe that, as of now. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it and welcome any harsh fine they get, and know that the club will go hard after all of the guys they can find.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
That's what english do when they go abroad as well.
Not sure why they can't accept it.

Knew you couldn't resist trying to make some point about some English fans doing it so it should be fine to happen here.

It shouldn't be accepted anywhere. Simple.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'm not saying it should be accepted. I hate that part of the "culture" here, myself - it just isn't nearly as bad as the suggestion of multiple thousand people storming a stadium without tickets. Nothing I've seen and know of the club makes me believe that, as of now. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it and welcome any harsh fine they get, and know that the club will go hard after all of the guys they can find.

People are reporting facts and figures on the ground and you're disputing it for...sentimental reasons. They might be wrong, but at this stage you have less than no clue what's going on.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
It may well be common in Germany but it shouldn't be accepted. Koln fans should be better than this. It's their fault the game is delayed, I just hope it isn't postponed.

This isn't jumping to conclusions either. This is correctly apportioning blame to the guilty party.

No, I knew a bunch of Köln fans and they were "special". I was hoping it changed under Schmadte and Stöger, but Köln fans are still idiots.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Knew you couldn't resist trying to make some point about some English fans doing it so it should be fine to happen here.

It shouldn't be accepted anywhere. Simple.

Of course it shouldn't be accepted.
But when it happens in France with english fans, we're told it's because of french lack of police enforcement.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
People are reporting facts and figures on the ground and you're disputing it for...sentimental reasons. They might be wrong, but at this stage you have less than no clue what's going on.

What are the facts? Guys posting videos about the brawls at the entrance and concluding it's guys without tickets are not facts. I know the mere figures about people without tickets. There's nothing wrong with people being there without tickets. If Arsenal didn't want people without tickets around the stadium, it's up to them to direct the people on the way to the stadium.

If I'm getting actual police or credible media reports or something about guys being arrested for storming the place that didn't have tickets, I'll take that, but that hasn't exactly happened ITT or anywhere else I have seen.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think there is a massive possibility that Koln fans got a lot of tickets from third parties who didn't want to go to the game and the stewards simply didn't want to let them in. In which case I would be pretty pissed off too.

Also, if your fans are selling their tickets like that, then lol.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, I knew a bunch of Köln fans and they were "special". I was hoping it changed under Schmadte and Stöger, but Köln fans are still idiots.
I don't think you can limit to Koln fans.
I don't know a single group of fans from a pro team without congenital idiots.
Doesn't mean they all go crazy, but idiots are everywhere in football unfortunately.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The exact same thing happened in Lyon last year with Besiktas fans. When inside the stadium, they were everywhere instead of just in the visitors stands. Coming from Germany, Switzerland, France, etc...
After acting crazy in the stands, Lyon fans came onto the pitch before the game started because they were threatenned and items were sent on them.

In the end, UEFA has hit Besiktas and Lyon with the same punishment.
I wonder if they apply the same logic with Arsenal and Koln.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Lokomotiv had a tough game in Copenhagen and drew a point in which should be the hardest game in the group.

Zenit is off to a quick start scoring two in first twenty minutes.

If it ends like this, Russia will have 2 wins and 2 draws in 4 away game, decent result

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
No, you just don't know what you're talking about. These types of marches happen incredibly regularly over here, and it very rarely causes any type of fuzz. Seems like the security wasn't up to par. There's definitely a whole bunch of ****heads among the fans, as well, but that's nothing new. It certainly wasn't 10k people without tickets trying to storm the place.

You're naive if you think problems don't happen in Germany. They always have riot police out at derbies and they completely trash streets, burn flags, set fire to scarves, and generally fight somewhere in the city after the games. The cities have to spend a tonne of police resources on preventing escalation in public areas or the stadium but don't play it off like it's a non-issue.

England doesn't have problems with hooligans, they shouldn't have to worry about getting the riot police out every time a Cologne or Stuttgart type of team visits.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Of course it shouldn't be accepted.
But when it happens in France with english fans, we're told it's because of french lack of police enforcement.

Sources to back that up?

The only instance I can recall recently in France was England and Russia last year. I could be forgetting something though

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I don't think you can limit to Koln fans.
I don't know a single group of fans from a pro team without congenital idiots.
Doesn't mean they all go crazy, but idiots are everywhere in football unfortunately.

Right, but Köln and Schalke fans are role models of delusional fans.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Arsenal have been in Europe a long time and hosted teams like Besiktas and Partizan at home with no problems. The difference is that Arsenal fans wanted to see those games because they were CL games and didn't go around selling their tickets to anyone who wanted them. If Koln fans are able to buy 5-10k tickets for a match then this is bound to happen unfortunately.

And considering Red Star is in their group for this competition, it could be WAY worse than this for that match.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
You're naive if you think problems don't happen in Germany.
Which is something I don't think, have never said, and never implied. I said there's no problem with fans storming sections because they have no tickets. With is being accused here. Just because there's a dozen guys throwing around fences (which others are pushing them back) and guys around without tickets.

England doesn't have problems with hooligans, they shouldn't have to worry about getting the riot police out every time a Cologne or Stuttgart type of team visits.
Yeah, nah, they do not at all.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Marseille 1998.

I'm not sure 19 years ago is recent..

English fans have changed since the 90's, that is for sure. There is still an element though of course.

There was nothing wrong with Koln fans singing in the streets as they were earlier, shame that a section are trying to ruin that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also Holland 2000 in Charleroi.
And Portugal 2004 in Albufeira.
And Germany 2006 in Gelsenkirchen.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Arsenal have been in Europe a long time and hosted teams like Besiktas and Partizan at home with no problems. The difference is that Arsenal fans wanted to see those games because they were CL games and didn't go around selling their tickets to anyone who wanted them. If Koln fans are able to buy 5-10k tickets for a match then this is bound to happen unfortunately.

And considering Red Star is in their group for this competition, it could be WAY worse than this for that match.

Source?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad