Europa League 2017/2018

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

We'll also be able to see how many Koln fans are there once this match starts.

How does the away team get that many people in the stadium if they didn't buy tickets from people who bought them from the home team? Obviously they can't.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Cancel this game and give the points to Arsenal, ban Köln from international competiton for 5 years. Freakshow.

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Evilo, are there many Turkish fans in Marseille for the Konyaspor game today?

Clearly Koln fans bought tickets immediately when they went on sale or bought from Arsenal fans and scalpers.
There weren't any problems when Bayern, Dortmund and Schalke visited Arsenal in recent years right?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Pretty clear they had tickets and the stewards got upset.

Thanks. Exactly what I've been saying.

The vast majority of the 10k+ people that followed Cologne over to London are just big time fans celebrating the return of their club to European football after decades. They have no problem spending a couple hundred quid to spend the game outside the stadium, or pay a few hundred more for an expensive Arsenal shirt souvenir if that means they can witness that inside. There's a couple dozen troublemakers among them, without any question, and throwing fences isn't something that needs to be tolerated, but it shouldn't be blown out of proportion, either.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cancel this game and give the points to Arsenal, ban Köln from international competiton for 5 years. Freakshow.

Erh, again, last time in lyon, both teams are threatenned of european ban for 2 years.

Evilo, are there many Turkish fans in Marseille for the Konyaspor game today?

Can't tell you since I live far, but haven't heard of anything special yet.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Pretty laughable, and you know that. What's your precedent for that? Do you get emotional like that every time you see a fence falling or a few guys getting into light brawls with stewarts? There's a lot of 5-year-bans around the footballing world, I imagine.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
How does Koln fans being everywhere square with your assertion that ticket-wielding supporters weren't allowed in?

We have BILD reporting that, as well. Denied entry because the sections weren't dedicated to away fans. They're probably technically right, because I'm sure that's somewhere in the fine print, but it's understandable that causes tension.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Red Star won't even have 5k away fans, come on now

I think you'll be surprised about that.

Any team with lots of supporters that doesn't get to play in Europe very often is going to do anything to get to a game against a big club.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's basically asking for trouble if they let them in. I don't see how the game can go ahead if there are Koln fans with the Arsenal ones.

That would probably be massively worse.

They shouldn't have been sold the tickets and the people who sold them to them should have went to the game instead. I do not remember any other English team in the Europa League having these problems at home.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It'll be nice seeing this type of energy at the Emirates though. Much better than the prawn sandwich crowd we're used to.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
It's basically asking for trouble if they let them in. I don't see how the game can go ahead if there are Koln fans with the Arsenal ones.

I'm going to guess it won't be any trouble. Those guys, especially those guys with random tickets outside the away section aren't hooligans. They aren't there to fight anyone.

There'll probably be a bunch of minor brawls today, partially because of the stories about illegal Germans getting in for free and punching friendly stewarts for no reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad