• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Duchene and stone trades incoming....damage control attempt
Imagine someone actually reported on this team for real. As fans we deserve better. No suprise once this was released the team collapsed.

Its truly insulting.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
DNj8bfsVQAA-Dzk.jpg

Reactions: Deku

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
After we trade Duchene, Stone, Dzingel we have virtually zero chance of being able to reach the cap ceiling by 2021. He can then claim he “would” have spent to the cap but we didn’t have the horses to do it. Only way we are close to the ceiling is through insured LTIR contracts so long as this man is at the helm

Reactions: derriko

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
He was speaking to a group of corporate sponsors, this wasn't directed at fans buying tickets. I think he was speaking to 1) Stone/Duchene to try and convince them they would get support if they stayed and 2) Convince the important corporate sponsors not to bail on him.

I wonder if he spoke about Lebreton at this function, would be interesting to know. Guess we'll see how this plays out.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
After we trade Duchene, Stone, Dzingel we have virtually zero chance of being able to reach the cap ceiling by 2021. He can then claim he “would” have spent to the cap but we didn’t have the horses to do it. Only way we are close to the ceiling is through insured LTIR contracts so long as this man is at the helm

Seriously. We'd need to sign like 3 $10-12M players in the offseason to reach the cap.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Well i dont know why you guys think the opposite viewpoint isnt going to come.

Its coming.

I wish i could call them our friendly neighbourhood contrarian polemicists.. but .. it isnt a particularly friendly nor compelling rhetoric we are given.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ah, the victim blamer.

Would be great if gas lighters were reported instead of getting the responses they crave.

I'm confused, you are saying I'm blaming the victims?

I just wish people didn't engage with intellectually dishonest posters who clearly have no interest in having an intelligent discussion. I'm not talking about Coladin or JD1 here, those two are fine.

Reactions: DrEasy

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well i dont know why you guys think the opposite viewpoint isnt going to come.

Its coming.

I wish i could call them our friendly neighbourhood contrarian polemicists.. but .. it isnt a particularly friendly nor compelling rhetoric we are given.

To me it’s simple. Actions speak louder than words so I’ll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: derriko and Gesus

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
2021 is 2 years away. Even if the shovels hit the ground tomorrow, there's no way in hell Lebreton will be ready by then. Just taking the contaminated soil away might take until 2021.
Most new arenas take about 2 years to build, but I don’t expect shovels will be in the ground for a while.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I suspect that part of the plan is to land a handful of prospects from the 2020 draft.

https://thepuckauthority.com/the-historic-talent-of-the-2020-nhl-entry-draft/

The Sens have their own pick for 2020, will likely have San Jose's and may even have one or more first round picks based on who they trade. The Sens pick will almost certainly be top five and if they are lucky the San Jose pick or another 1st round pick they acquire will be high as well. There is a chance that we end up with two or more great prospects from the draft like Alexis Lafreniere and Quinton Byfield.

That would give the team an excellent core of young talent and then they can spend money to put the right veterans around them.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
[MOD]
Anyways, great words to hear for those who actually cheer for the Sens to win games, now the man just has to back them up.

Telling corporate sponsors, and Stone and Duchene, at the very least indicates that this team isn’t worried about spending money. I have a feeling there has been som serious movement on the Lebreton front.

Hope this convinces the boys to sign, god I hope so :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: coladin

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Will Eugene be handing out promise rings at the next home game? You can't believe it if there's no promise ring.

I have one friend who can never pay his own tab, but every time I see him, he promises to "get me next time". He never gets me. This is like that.

It's pretty obvious the post trade messaging has begun. "It's just not the right time to spend."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad