Will Melnyk Keep his Promise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Last time Melnyk was in the limelight, Karlsson was traded the next day (or was it the day after?)

Ruh ROH

1536685960238-MelnykBoroScreen.png

Huge missed opportunity for another episode of 'Between Two Boros'.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If we trade Stone and Duchene, we won't be competing for at least 3-4 years, if at all.

That's a fact. So one way or another the 2021 date is complete and utter BS because obviously we're planning on cutting more costs until then so scouting and development isn't going to improve either and we aren't going to replace the UFAs with more UFAs. He can't possibly think that a bunch of kids are going to become contenders in less than two years.

These are just empty words to get sponsors and season ticket holders to hopefully buy in and make sure Melnyk doesn't completely go broke. A true conman.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If we trade Stone and Duchene, we won't be competing for at least 3-4 years, if at all.

That's a fact. So one way or another the 2021 date is complete and utter BS because obviously we're planning on cutting more costs until then so scouting and development isn't going to improve either and we aren't going to replace the UFAs with more UFAs. He can't possibly think that a bunch of kids are going to become contenders in less than two years.

These are just empty words to get sponsors and season ticket holders to hopefully buy in and make sure Melnyk doesn't completely go broke. A true conman.

Dorion thought we were cup contenders last fall when he got Duchene ... He thought we'd be a bubble team with out the injuries this year... so ... Humpty and Dumpty can talk a lot of shit that is no where near reality

Reactions: Deku

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Dorion thought we were cup contenders last fall when he got Duchene ... He thought we'd be a bubble team with out the injuries this year... so ... Humpty and Dumpty can talk a lot of **** that is no where near reality

Yeah but if we do trade Stone, Duchene and Dzingel this particular "pledge" will become all the more unbelievable and hard to swallow.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I expect Melnyk to say the time isnt right to spend but we will spend when the time is right for the next 5 years.

Reactions: Deku

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah but if we do trade Stone, Duchene and Dzingel this particular "pledge" will become all the more unbelievable and hard to swallow.

No one is taking it at face value.

Credibility isn't restored by claming you will become credible in the near future.

I do think we all appreciate the fact that he felt that he needed to say this at the event, he's hurting.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
How about you invest the same amount in the front office and coaching now. Honestly, think it would make a bigger difference. I'm only ready to trust actions not words at this point in time so I will be intrigued to see this play out.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
No one is taking it at face value.

Credibility isn't restored by claming you will become credible in the near future.

I do think we all appreciate the fact that he felt that he needed to say this at the event, he's hurting.

I can't say I appreciate it anytime he opens his mouth since it usually has the total opposite* effect of what he's hoping for.

All I hear is "I'm sticking around for many years to come. You can't get rid of me."

Well Euge, the only way this franchise WILL regain credibility is if you sell it. Nothing you can say will change that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
How about you invest the same amount in the front office and coaching now. Honestly, think it would make a bigger difference. I'm only ready to trust actions not words at this point in time so I will be intrigued to see this play out.

Seriously. A little hard to take you seriously Eugene when you won't ever spend the money for a proper front office.

What a tool.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think this is a positive. Maybe it means he will have sold by 21 lol

I still don't see him selling anytime soon.

Getting older, had a pretty serious near-death event, clearly has nothing else to do and loves being in the spotlight.

Only father time will free us of him.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

For Duchene and Stone imo the decision is in their hands .. They have to believe Sens are for real building towards a contender sooner than later.. I think the money is secondary for both of them. Dzingel ..can be bought.
This announcement is imo, to convince these guys to want to stay.. Next step is the $ which I think they will get offered north of 8.5 for 8 and they will get work stoppage protection in bonuses for 2 years.
Will these guys buy it? Doubt it. Maybe this is a last ditch effort because Dorion isn't having much success in convincing them.

If Melnyk is just blowing smoke to give fans hope for the future , all the while paving the way for Duchene and Stone to be moved .. well it would be consistent snake oil salesman behavior we have come to expect.. empty promises and false hopes.. (re we will make Karlsson a very good offer July 1st) .

Reactions: Sensung and DJB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad