Eugene Melnyk Pledges to spend near salary cap: FYOUS Edition

Will Melnyk Keep his Promise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
So I guess the only way he plans on spending to the cap is signing Stone and Duchene.

What a bumbling fool.

Reactions: The Lewler

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
giphy.webp

Reactions: Karl Prime

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I mean, he's lied countless times before but I think he's telling the truth this time guys.

Call it a gut feeling.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
The Sportnet guys stated the obvious.

#1 . This is clearly directed at Stone and Duchene. Credibility from ownership is an issue.

#2. It doesnt seem to add up in a realistic fiscal sense given what we know about the Sens finances and Melnyks recent track record. That said , if Melnyk is gonna dump cash in at a big loss thats definetly would be a change if he did it.

#3. Its all PR but again doesnt sound like a guy who is thinking of selling.

Around and around we go.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
“Could we spend more money on players? You could,” Melnyk said during a lengthy interview with the Citizen. “But stats have proven over and over that there is a road of less return because you’re starting then to pay for more mediocre players, especially in the unrestricted free agent market where everybody is scrambling.
“It’s no different than the horses,” he added. “You’ve got your superstars up here, then you’ve got the other 80 per cent.”

Hmmm......

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Haha I actuall voted yes

He made this statement at a corporate event. He can't back down from this and survive.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
“Could we spend more money on players? You could,” Melnyk said during a lengthy interview with the Citizen. “But stats have proven over and over that there is a road of less return because you’re starting then to pay for more mediocre players, especially in the unrestricted free agent market where everybody is scrambling.
“It’s no different than the horses,” he added. “You’ve got your superstars up here, then you’ve got the other 80 per cent.”

Hmmm......

That would be the fault of your shitty management team.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I voted no, I don't think he keeps his promise.

I'll believe it when I see it, but IF that were the plan, its probably a smart trajectory. We desperately NEED that high pick for another high end piece next year and even the year after before trying to turn the corner.

Its encouraging to hear them acknowledge that the pieces needed are not yet in place and more work is needed there.

Would like to see some of those resources go towards more qualified management and coaching as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad