Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear Traded to Car For Warren Foegele

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks for the in depth reply and a good amount of context as well. Bear's strong attributes are really enticing but I think from what I'm understanding his physical shortcomings of size and speed are going to limit his ability somewhat. I think if he had more tools then I could see him being a good pair with Slavin but he just doesn't sound like a player that can probably handle 20+ minutes a night against tough competition. I do think if he can settle in with Skjei and form a Pinky and the Brain type understanding it could be a strong pairing.

So I'll post it again. Until proven otherwise this seems like the best realistic compromise on the D pairings.

Slavin - Pesce
Skjei - Bear
Cole - TDA

Let TDA feast on weak competition in limited but not necessarily miniscule minutes. He's excellent at pushing offense at 5 on 5 and have him work the powerplay. Have Cole be his babysitter and keep things the way they were on the PK.
As a rookie he held his own on the top pair with Nurse for the majority of the season. You could see him faltering down the stretch and into the play-ins with Chicago, but for a rookie to play as well as he did for most of that span makes me think he still has the potential to get back there. I think last year he bulked up a bit and it had an effect on his agility. Once he gets used to the extra muscle, I dunno man, it wouldn't surprise me to see him be able to hang with Slavin. Part of me hopes not because it just means the Oilers Oilered again, but I really like him as a person and player so I'm rooting for it to happen.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Lol dead? His analytics have been great this year and stats on par with what we saw with oilers. It seems like players in your guys system do well in terms of their analytical stats

He looked decent before he got in covid protocol. Not great, but not bad and was working well with Slavin. IMO, he hasn't looked very good post covid protocol. That said, the defense was playing without Bear, Pesce and DeAngelo at one time and then Bear came back. Now that Pesce and DeAngelo are back, they are missing Cole so there has been a lot of change.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
He looked decent before he got in covid protocol. Not great, but not bad and was working well with Slavin. IMO, he hasn't looked very good post covid protocol. That said, the defense was playing without Bear, Pesce and DeAngelo at one time and then Bear came back. Now that Pesce and DeAngelo are back, they are missing Cole so there has been a lot of change.
He is on and off like that. He got injured last year didn't look the same for a while and slowly looks like himself.

Honestly Foegele is simar as a forward. Not dangerous or really impactful for stretches. Now he's gotten chance in the top 6 and you see more pop in his game.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, he was a solid player before he got a bout of COVID. After that, he's been much more inconsistent.

Reactions: Tryamw

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Oilers fan here. How's Bear doing for you guys?
Started really well, legitimate 1st liner

Got COVID, trapped in a hotel room for 2+ weeks

Came back badly out of shape, and looked like ass for a solid 2 months. Long stretch of being a healthy scratch

Post All-Star Break, he's looked better, but still not as good as he was originally.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad