Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear Traded to Car For Warren Foegele

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bear for Foegele?

3 thoughts:

1) Bear may be a decent player, but a little disappointed with that being the resolution to our right side. Pesce-TDA-Bear is fine, I guess without re-signing Dougie we weren't getting better on the right side, but a little underwhelmed.

2) Foegele being gone means another forward hole to plug - hope it's with a legit top 6er.

3) Foegele's definitely scoring 25 playing with McDavid and Hyman next year :laugh:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yep. Don't like the price. As much as Foegele deserves a chance we should have been looking at him as a piece in a bigger trade.

That's not to rip on Bear. He's a solid young dman and should be a good fit as a our #4/5.

This is entirely about our asset management right now more than it is about any player we bring in to me.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Ethan Bear is good. Not fast, but smart with his stick and can move the puck. Foegele break down?

High energy and speed, enough skill to make things happen but not enough to consistently finish plays. Debatable whether he has another level to find. He's consistently been one of our higher 5v5 goal scorers but doesn't have the skill for the PP. Good PKer. Probably a 3rd liner right now, but if you insist on putting grind-types with McDavid he could probably keep up with the pace.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Yep. Don't like the price. As much as Foegele deserves a chance we should have been looking at him as a piece in a bigger trade.

That's not to rip on Bear. He's a solid young dman and should be a good fit as a our #4/5.

This is entirely about our asset management right now more than it is about any player we bring in to me.

While I was hoping the same, maybe it just wasnt there. I'm sure they were trying for something bigger but other teams see what we see too. Bean and Foegs both have big warts to their game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->