Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear Traded to Car For Warren Foegele

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Outside of the Washington series, I thought Foegele left a bit to be desired. I feel a bit indifferent about the trade since I don’t know enough about Bear. Hopefully we add FA forward depth

Hoping we're chasing a solid defensive LHD since this is likely the last we've seen of Jani Hockey. There are a few attractive names out there for that including Suter and Goligoski

Reactions: A Star is Burns

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Not an impressive return but maybe more importantly I don’t think of this guy as physical?

Rod with TDA and Bear? Which one is going to be on the third pair not playing the way Rod wants them to?

to be fair TDA has that side to him at times. Or are we not getting TDA?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
Not an impressive return but maybe more importantly I don’t think of this guy as physical?

Rod with TDA and Bear? Which one is going to be on the third pair not playing the way Rod wants them to?

to be fair TDA has that side to him at times.
I would think pretty even split with Bear more 5 on 5

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Hey folks. I think both teams did well in this trade. You guys are probably better equipped to actually develop him to his potential, he's a good skater with the puck and his first pass is nice. His downsides are sometimes he can be a deer in the headlights and isn't great against the cycle since he's not physical.

Most of us are sad to see Bear go, he's a great person in the community and works very hard. He had a down year last year, but was good the year before.

Reactions: DaveG

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
i'm good with this.

dumb (well, ignorant) question - since we qualified foegs, can edmonton offer him a different deal or are the only options for mclovin accept the QO or go to arbitration?

if he goes to arbitration and the cost on him goes up 'too high' i might like this trade a lot more.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
i'm good with this.

dumb (well, ignorant) question - since we qualified foegs, can edmonton offer him a different deal or are the only options for mclovin accept the QO or go to arbitration?

if he goes to arbitration and the cost on him goes up 'too high' i might like this trade a lot more.
teams can negotiate a contract up until they walk into the Arbitration room

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
i'm good with this.

QO is the very minimum one year offer and it is a mandatory thing for you to get to keep the rights for a RFA. Failing to give your pending RFA one makes him UFA immediately. Every player who is RFA has gotten his QO.

In normal circumstances those usually don't get accepted but a different contract is worked out by the team and the player.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Just inquiring about Foegele. I was told he has wheels .

Bear was good for us 2 years ago. He can handle the puck. He had a bad playoff but so did everyone in Edmonton
Every time Foegele goes over the boards, he gives 100%. Never takes a shift off. He can skate and while he doesn't have hands of stone, he is not silky smooth either. He wanted a change of scenery as he had been a bottom 6 guy and wanted a chance at a larger role. Time will tell

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Just inquiring about Foegele. I was told he has wheels .

Bear was good for us 2 years ago. He can handle the puck. He had a bad playoff but so did everyone in Edmonton
McLovin (please do call him that) is fast AF. He does tend to bumble the puck instead of shooting it on net sometimes.
Put him with speed and skill and who knows, maybe he gets 30G.
Not a deal I would have done.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
McLovin (please do call him that) is fast AF. He does tend to bumble the puck instead of shooting it on net sometimes.
Put him with speed and skill and who knows, maybe he gets 30G.
Not a deal I would have done.
Thanks

Just curious with the comment. Not a trade Carolina or Edmonton would have done?

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Thanks

Just curious with the comment. Not a trade Carolina or Edmonton would have done?

I like fogele and he has a lot of energy and gives 110%. I like guys that play like that. He is FAST, but as said before, lacks scoring grace. If he had that, he'd be a top 6 guy here or anywhere really.

I would not have personally traded him for a D man whos never had a positive +/- season and under 6'. But I think maybe he wanted a bigger role he would not get here.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I like fogele and he has a lot of energy and gives 110%. I like guys that play like that. He is FAST, but as said before, lacks scoring grace. If he had that, he'd be a top 6 guy here or anywhere really.

I would not have personally traded him for a D man whos never had a positive +/- season and under 6'. But I think maybe he wanted a bigger role he would not get here.

I dont know if u remember Brian Rafalski, but that who Bear kinda reminds me off.

Reactions: geehaad and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad