Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear Traded to Car For Warren Foegele

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
Dagobah like... where Yoda lives?
upload_2021-7-28_13-6-21.jpeg

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Ethan Bear is good. Not fast, but smart with his stick and can move the puck. Foegele break down?

Fast, not smart with his stick, can't move the puck. LOL

In all serious, if Foegele had scoring touch, he'd be a superstar. He does literally everything else well. He'll be a good fit next to McDavid or whoever, creating havoc for somebody else to capitalize on. Good player.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
With Bear you guys are getting a 23 year old 2nd pair defensive dman with some untapped offensive potential. I could easily see him playing for you guys for 10+ years, he reminds me a lot of the Jared Spurgeon/Jonas Brodin type of Dman. Very solid, not spectacular, in all 3 zones. Smart, good first pass. Huge fan of this player and sad to see him go.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
With Bear you guys are getting a 23 year old 2nd pair defensive dman with some untapped offensive potential. I could easily see him playing for you guys for 10+ years, he reminds me a lot of the Jared Spurgeon/Jonas Brodin type of Dman. Very solid, not spectacular, in all 3 zones. Smart, good first pass. Huge fan of this player and sad to see him go.

As an fellow oiler fan i agree with this post, especially with the untapped offense potential part. He was an absolute pp monster in junior and in the ahl but never played a lot of pp with the oilers. He can add way more offense to his game.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Potentially, the best part of this trade - it may re-unite Slavin-Pesce:

Slavin-Pesce
Skjei-Bear
Cole-DeAngelo

Satire

Nov 20, 2016

This. Absolutely wouldn't be shocked to see Bear develop into top pair potential over the next 4 years

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

10 years!? Have you seen the Carolina front office negotiation tactics?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Fast, not smart with his stick, can't move the puck. LOL

In all serious, if Foegele had scoring touch, he'd be a superstar. He does literally everything else well. He'll be a good fit next to McDavid or whoever, creating havoc for somebody else to capitalize on. Good player.

Or just park him next to the net and let McDavid and Drai practice their pinball game.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Just inquiring about Foegele. I was told he has wheels .

Bear was good for us 2 years ago. He can handle the puck. He had a bad playoff but so did everyone in Edmonton

He falls down a lot. Not because he is a bad skater but rather because he is somewhat reckless and gives 100% every shift. I don’t recommend making a drinking game out of it.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I liked Bear on the Oilers, he is ideally on your third pair and is kinda good at everything but not great at anything. Also while not physical he isn't soft and had a good tilt with Tkachuk. He was much better two years ago than this last season and there has been rumors and speculation that he may not have taken the last off season/ covid break as seriously as the one prior which contributed to the drop off. Hopefully he is a well oiled machine that exceeds expectations for you guys!

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Ok so forgive me for not understanding but is Native american racism a big problem in Canada? I know about the school thing from years ago.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Was really impressed with how he responded to the racism that was thrown his way by some classless oilers fans when they got eliminated. Seems like a really outstanding young man from everything I see/hear. Really happy to have him as a hurricane.

Really struggling with the ADA signing--on the other hand, Bear will be my favorite player based on this. Good for him!

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Ok so forgive me for not understanding but is Native american racism a big problem in Canada? I know about the school thing from years ago.

Yes, our treatment of our indigenous people is our national shame. Very recently many mass graves have been uncovered at former residential school sites where children were brought and stripped of their culture. Even to this day there is a lot of racism towards them, especially in Alberta.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad