Post-Game Talk: Ethan Bear Hype Train - One Year Delayed, But We’re Finally Here Boys!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Helps with preventing cramps. Couple guys who ran track would do a shot of mustard before competing

Looks like I must have missed this all being discussed in the GDT already :)

Pretty nifty, didn't know mustard was used like that. Guess some other things are used too, like pickle juice and others with unique nerve stimulating flavors (cinnamon, ginger, wasabi, etc...).

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Matthews has requested a trade to Edmonton upon learning he could play on a

Matthews Bear Hass

Trio. :sarcasm:

Said Matthews:

"It's just about being comfortable and I feel most comfortable being out there with a Bear Haas"

:biglaugh:

This is the kind of shit I love coming here for

Reactions: Consultant

Chippy11

We have a Hulk
Jun 2, 2015
I always liked Neal, dating back from his time in Dallas, very happy that Treliving wanted Lucic for him.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Yeah, he's hustled hard, but not sure who he slots in over. Jurco and possibly Burdasov creates a problem for P. Russell and Granlund is likely in just because you need PKers.
I look at our right side and I see Kassian,Neal,Chiasson and Archibald. I just don’t see an avenue there. Jurco has made a better case than anyone and deserves a spot, Nygaard was a lock going in imo and hasn’t done anything to make me think he shouldn’t be given the opportunity. Burdasov is good but give him some AHL games before you make a decision.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Gagner-RNH-Neal
Khaira-Sheahan-Archibald
Nygaard-Cave-Chiasson
Jurco Granlund

Lines are hard to choose other than the first.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I look at our right side and I see Kassian,Neal,Chiasson and Archibald. I just don’t see an avenue there. Jurco has made a better case than anyone and deserves a spot, Nygaard was a lock going in imo and hasn’t done anything to make me think he shouldn’t be given the opportunity. Burdasov is good but give him some AHL games before you make a decision.

Gagner-RNH-Neal
Khaira-Sheahan-Archibald
Nygaard-Cave-Chiasson
Jurco Granlund

The screwed up thing is I think Haas might be a better player than Cave, he just has been grappling with an adjustment period.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
The screwed up thing is I think Haas might be a better player than Cave, he just has been grappling with an adjustment period.
I’m not big on either player so far but Cave has done a bit more for me, he’s found him self in position for some high danger chances.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Gagner-RNH-Neal
Khaira-Sheahan-Archibald
Nygaard-Cave-Chiasson
Jurco Granlund

That Chiasson contract is starting to look like a mistake.

Five RWers on the roster have outplayed him by my eye.

Reactions: Aerrol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I’m not big on either player so far but Cave has done a bit more for me, he’s found him self in position for some high danger chances.

That seems to be his thing ... battle for position but couldn't score into an ocean.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Pre-season ain't the real season.

As much as I appreciate Jurco and Burdasov's play for example ... there is no gaurntee whatsoever that they don't go Rattie in the regular season.

If either one can give the Oilers back Caggiula's offence even while not being as much of a defensive liability ... I'd take it.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
8D60E370-769B-465B-A88E-2E8A4C23063A.jpeg
Gonna celebrate this win by trying to prevent cramps.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So its pretty obvious Bear just made the team after tonights performance.

I think Nygard has as well. Smith was just fine in this game...looks to be shaking off the rust. His puck handling is a major positive.

Its interesting to me how the team just took over the game in the 3rd period after getting out played in the 2nd.
Thats a very good sign.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Watching the postgame scrum, McDavid did something very un McDavid ish - he offered something up.

After being asked about Jurco/Bear, he ended the availability with something along the lines of "I think there were some other guys that dind't play the other night (against Arizona) that were pretty good too"

AFAIK, there were only 5 non Bear/Jurco guys in tonight that didn't play against Arizona:

Burdasov, Lagesson, Haas, Nygard, and Manning.

I think we can safely rule out Manning.

I don't know, that just seems like a diplomatic response.

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Jurco, Archibald, and Burdasov have all impressed me so far. Our bottom 6 this year is actually looking like they will be able to contribute. And Neal is gonna be such a big upgrade over Lucic :nod:

I agree although I think Burdasov doesnt make this team unless he shows really well on Saturday.

Completely agree regarding Neal...he is a massive upgrade on Lucic,

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Chiasson has been fine this preseason, he's certainly been better than Granlund and arguably Khaira.

The left side is the bigger question. I still think that Granlund and Khaira are locks for those opening night bottom 2 spots no matter what the other guys do. We'll probably see Jurco and Nygard as the extra forwards with Burdasov being let go and Russell sent to the AHL.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016

I still have confidence in him. Last year he worked his way from the pressbox to PP1 and playing on the top line. The first game Chiasson scored a goal assisted by Mcdavid was in December. Let's hope his hard work from last year continues into this season.

Reactions: Aerrol and LaGu

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Rob Brown brought up a good point. The team could essentially carry Manning as the 7th dman and never play him. Whenever they need an extra dman just call up someone from Bakersfield.
That way Manning doesnt take up a roster spot in Bakersfield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad