Post-Game Talk: Ethan Bear Hype Train - One Year Delayed, But We’re Finally Here Boys!

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I dont get half the **** you post....but I like it lol.

D2Q0cxU.png

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
One more game to figure it all out. A couple spots got locked up tonight in Bear and Jurco.

Benning is a huge question mark right now.

I dont want to enter the season as Klefbom and Bear as the 2nd pairing.

Reactions: Pomee

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I think Haas and Nygard are cut if they dont show better next game.

Burdasov - McDavid - Drai
Jurco - Nuge - Neal
Chiasson - Gagner - Kassian
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
Russell / Granlund?

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Bear
Russell - Lagesson
Benning / Persson

Smith
Koskinen

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Awesome game by Bear, Jurco, and Burdasov. Wow. This is exactly you want to see out of bubble players and Oilers fans got their wish in some additions that can play.

Our topsix looks so much better now, and that we could even have some topnine mojo going on.

Holland has done so much of a better job bringing in some guys that can play. Neal, Sheehan, Archibald included in that.

This team can make the playoffs this season. We're rolling lines nicely now.

Last edited:

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I know its not ideal for young guys to be the number 7 dman, but I would have all sorts of time for Lagesson as our number 7. He doesn't seem to have much for offensive prowess, but he's steady as hell back there and would be a solid injection into any night when we need to keep things in check on the back end.

Reactions: snipes and Aerchon

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Things I learned tonight:

• Bear is going to be fun to watch.
  • Jurco has moves.
  • Burdasov is not making this team.
  • Chugging mustard during sports is a thing (prevents cramping, apparently)
kerryon-johnsonjpg-ff39b7f642a46d1b.jpg

Despite Jurco obviously lighting it up, I think Burdasov might actually be the better player. Hard to gauge.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
For some of us it isn’t a hype train.
There were a few fans who have been solid in their support for this kid for several years now while most of the board was in love with Jones.
Im ordering my Bear Jersey in faith.
Man ... I said I wouldn’t give the Oilers any more money until they make the playoffs. But an Ethan Bear jersey would be sweet. :laugh:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Awesome game by Bear, Jurco, and Burdasov. Wow. This is exactly you want to see out of bubble players and Oilers fans got their wish in some additions that can play.

Our topsix looks so much better now, and that we could even have some topnine mojo going on.

Holland has done so much of a better job bringing in some guys that can play. Sheehan, Archibald included in that.

Yeah, Neal has impressed me. Not sure what I was expecting, but he's just poised and makes simple plays, is in the right spot. Clearly an NHL top 6 player.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I know its not ideal for young guys to be the number 7 dman, but I would have all sorts of time for Lagesson as our number 7. He doesn't seem to have much for offensive prowess, but he's steady as hell back there and would be a solid injection into any night when we need to keep things in check on the back end.

I would rather see him on the farm paired with bouchard

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

Yup I agree, Russell and Lagesson played well on the defense side tonight.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Manning should be on a bus down to Bakersfield right now.

No, that useless twit doesn't get to fly. You'll Greyhound and you'll like it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Holland has done so much of a better job bringing in some guys that can play. Sheehan, Archibald included in that.

Big thing to me was Tippett said he want to give the vets a chance last game to see what they could do. Tonight was for the guys coming for their jobs.

Came for their jobs they did

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think Haas and Nygard are cut if they dont show better next game.

Burdasov - McDavid - Drai
Jurco - Nuge - Neal
Chiasson - Gagner - Kassian
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
Russell / Granlund?

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Bear
Russell - Lagesson
Benning / Persson

Smith
Koskinen

Haas had a decent outing but as I said pregame Nygard is just nothing. Drai and Burdasov may as well have been playing with themselves... thats sounds wrong but..

Anyway I can't see Granlund making the club.

People didn't comment on this but Smith was solid tonight for preseason. Not much he could do on the first one which was a letter perfect midair bunt. Those are always unexpected.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Also, I have a lot of time for Haagendaaz on our fourth line. Won his draws, plays smart hockey, injects some offence, so I have him ahead of Cave at least. Maybe some room as a 14th forward? And yeah, sold on Patrick Russell as that 13th forward. Great energy guy.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Things I learned tonight:

• Bear is going to be fun to watch.
  • Jurco has moves.
  • Burdasov is not making this team.
  • Chugging mustard during sports is a thing (prevents cramping, apparently)
Is this because the Flames will sign him to a 2yr x 2M contract tonight?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad