ESPN writer projects Kessel to go 7th

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I would not bet the house on this one . . . if he falls past third it would suprise the hell out of me. I do not think that he will get by two.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
that writer is giving Stan Fischler a run for most idiotic hockey writer around

acr*

That's not really a projection...it's more of an attempted joke...

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
go kim johnsson 514 said:
....and has Jordan Staal as the #1 pick. If the Blues draft Jordan Staal, they will have traded down
The Blues have publicly stated that they think highly of Staal. Plus look at the ranking of CS, Kessel is at #5. So Bucci isn't that far off.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
That mock draft just sucked. Nigel Williams that high? Kessel that low? Staal going number 1! WHAT??

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Also, there is no logic in this. If st. louis wanted staal so bad, they'd trade down a slot or two.

Good grief, if Boston wants Saguinetti or Stewart over Kessell, Backstrom then they'd better trade down or else be ready to face even more wrath.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
I reserve judgment until I see THN's draft preview. They generally guess the order of the top 20 or so pretty well.

Who had Setoguchi so high last year? Apparently San Jose did.
Who had Brule Falling?

Who had Schremp going so late, or Olesz falling?

In this draft especially, there seems to be a lot of guessing going on- While I don't think there is anyway that Kessel falls to 7, I have no idea who St. Louis will pick 1st.

-fullmetalninja

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Wally112pac said:
I just wasted 6 minutes of my life.

Bad article.

1 minute for me, once I saw he had the Bruins picking a d-man I laughed and clicked the "x"..

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
#66 said:
The Blues have publicly stated that they think highly of Staal. Plus look at the ranking of CS, Kessel is at #5. So Bucci isn't that far off.
They're high on Staal. I think they may be ever higher on Johnson, who drew high compliments from Al MacInnis earlier this week.

Going by CS rankings is a bad way to set up your projected draft order.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
Brendan Witt fetched a 1st round pick. I don't think a team would be opposed to give up a 1st rounder for a former 50 goal scorer who played pretty well last year, all distractions aside.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Wasn't kessel once projected to be as dominant as Crosby once he reached the pros?? My, how the mighty have fallen.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Irish Blues said:
They're high on Staal. I think they may be ever higher on Johnson, who drew high compliments from Al MacInnis earlier this week.

Going by CS rankings is a bad way to set up your projected draft order.
I can actually care less about CS but people are acting like Kessel's a Crosby type prospect when he isn't even close. That type of elite player just isn't in this draft so, unless you need a defenseman, 1-6 can be mixed in any order because one player isn't that much better than the other. As a Pens fan, I'll take a Staal, Toews or Backstrom over Kessel because they project to be great two way players and the drop off in offense isn't that big. I don't think Kessel will bust but I do think that expectations are to high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad