Erik Karlsson's Scoring Pace

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Wow, I wasn't even shitposting or being sarcastic.
Yikes.
I need sleep lol. I was thinking of twice as many points as games played (16 pts in 8 games). I read it as 1.5 and as 12 in 8... but had in my mind some how it was wrong because it wasn't double. Lol I realize 1.5 is one and a half though not 2.0... brain fart.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Weren't you the guy that said he was as good as Lidstrom?

What does that say about Lidstrom?

Never said that. I asked why Lidstrom was considered better than EK65. I even said how it's difficult to take away the puck from EK65. But when he's playing real D, I would love nothing more than seeing Matthews up against EK65. EK65 is the best defensman in the league but his defense in and of itself is suspect.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Never said that. I asked why Lidstrom was considered better than EK65. I even said how it's difficult to take away the puck from EK65. But when he's playing real D, I would love nothing more than seeing Matthews up against EK65. EK65 is the best defensman in the league but his defense in and of itself is suspect.

Well, it happened in OT after Matthews scored 4 goals in his debut and the puck ended up in Toronto's net.

So it's a gamble.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

Just like there's nothing more I want than Karlsson and 4 other players out there on the ice against Matthews so he can blow coverage in the slot for free goals and wins.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah, Karlsson had a part of his ankle bone removed according to himself.

The investigation is still going on regarding what exactly an "ankle bone" is, however. It was my belief that something like that does not exist.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

The investigation is still going on regarding what exactly an "ankle bone" is, however. It was my belief that something like that does not exist.

Our medical budget isn't quite up to the same standard as other teams.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016

Okay you may be able to chirp if he was a med student but he was clearly refering to the bones that make up the ankle...

"The main bones of the ankle region are the talus (in the foot), and the tibia and fibula (in the leg). The talocrural joint is a synovial hinge joint that connects the distal ends of the tibia and fibula in the lower limb with the proximal end of the talus."

But thanks for coming out.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Okay you may be able to chirp if he was a med student but he was clearly refering to the bones that make up the ankle...

"The main bones of the ankle region are the talus (in the foot), and the tibia and fibula (in the leg). The talocrural joint is a synovial hinge joint that connects the distal ends of the tibia and fibula in the lower limb with the proximal end of the talus."

But thanks for coming out.

Is that you Erik?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah but a few people on this forum told me that he can't play defense tho.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
So:

1- No Walking - let alone skating all summer
2- had part of his ankle removed during surgery
3-Did not play any pre-season games and even as he comes back they are giving him more off days to make sure he didn't over do it - as a result he is still not in full game shape
4- No Marc Methot

He has now 12 points in 8 games. is one point back of the league lead in defenceman in basically half the games and has the THIRD highest PPG total in the entire league. The other two guys have the benefit of playing with eachother in Tampa.

Matthews has 1.28 PPG for example. Karlsson has a 1.5 PPG

And if you look at Karlsson since he was 21, he's always shown that he only gets better as the season progresses.

He was walking in July.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Considering your dislike for this thread you are certainly adding your fair share of posts...

I never said I wasn't a hypocrite.

Creating a new thread every time Karlsson scores some points is going to lead to a lot of unnecessary threads.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Imo he likely doesn't care at all about personal awards, he is after the big one.

I don't think he is back to himself in many aspects but will likely get there shortly.

Every player in every sport cares about personal awards. Humans, especially competitive athletes, always want to be the best and seen as "superior" to the competition. Of course, rarely any player says in public that they want the personal award over the team one, but in reality they could probably care less. This is a job after all and they likely get more fame, money, etc with individual awards.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Every player in every sport cares about personal awards. Humans, especially competitive athletes, always want to be the best and seen as "superior" to the competition. Of course, rarely any player says in public that they want the personal award over the team one, but in reality they could probably care less. This is a job after all and they likely get more fame, money, etc with individual awards.

I love this post combined with your avatar picture.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

They all want to be the best and are hyper-competitive, but could care less about the cup?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
They all want to be the best and are hyper-competitive, but could care less about the cup?

Winning the cup doesn't make someone the best, winning the hart/lindsay does.

06: Thornton/Jagr
07: Crosby
08-10: Ovechkin
11: Sedin? Crosby?
12: Malkin
13: OV/Crosby
14: Crosby
15: Price/OV
16: Kane
17: McDavid/Crosby

No one really argued that these players weren't the best in these years, but only 1/12 won the cup.

Reactions: Future GOAT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad