Erik Karlsson's atrocious defending vs Hawks (3 examples)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I don't think hockey is the biggest priority in his life right now. Newborn kid, new contract, it's only October... I think this is to be expected (for now).

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
When you get paid that much to do what you love, you'd better show up with your game face every f***ing time.

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
If only I could see the damn videos...
NHL site, I assume?

Attachments

• E95ECBB0-0B05-4F06-8BC4-187E75B8B555.png
    E95ECBB0-0B05-4F06-8BC4-187E75B8B555.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 4

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Most overrated player in the game. His days of being a so called elite "dman" are long behind him. He is and always has been elite in the offensive end but a dumpster fire in his own zone. In those clips he looks uninterested and just going thru the motions. As a Kings fan im glad Doug Wilson gave him a bloated contract at the expense of their long time captain whom was their heart and soul of the team, plus a few other important roster players.

doughty is a bit more overrated imo

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Pavelski's impact with the Sharks was more than just putting up points. Im sure that Pavelski will develop chemistry with his new teammates and turn it around.

pavelski is a liability defensively as well because he has absolutely no speed. He gets burned in the neutral zone and chases in the d-zone. I’m glad he got paid but I’d much rather pay Karlsson 11.5 vs paying Pavs 7. Btw, the Sharks never won shit with Pavelski’s “leadership”so people really need to stop bringing that up as a justification for the sharks overpaying for a 35 year old whose body has already been through hell and back.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Has he ever been really good defensively? ;)

I've seen him play since he came to the league and no, he was never very good at defending. He's so good with the puck that when he's at his best it doesn't hurt him but he's never had very good defensive skills. He gambles a lot and can make good defensive plays but I'd always be a bit worried when his team doesn't have the puck.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
pavelski is a liability defensively as well because he has absolutely no speed. He gets burned in the neutral zone and chases in the d-zone. I’m glad he got paid but I’d much rather pay Karlsson 11.5 vs paying Pavs 7. Btw, the Sharks never won **** with Pavelski’s “leadership”so people really need to stop bringing that up as a justification for the sharks overpaying for a 35 year old whose body has already been through hell and back.

Yea many people forget that after dominating on the scoresheet through the WCF during the 2016 cup run, he was absolutely invisible in the SCF. Since then his 5v5 playoff numbers have been pathetic.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Karlsson was bad defensively last year and was good but not Norris level offensively and people were wondering if he’s injured. Well he’s had a whole offseason to recover, and he’s been playing ever since being “injured”....

Is it possible he’s just not as good as he once was?
It is also very possible that he was never a great defensive player.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Has he ever been really good defensively? ;)

That aside, he's really just standing and doing nothing on the ice. In every play he is in like 30% and then gives up. No winning team can have that attitude on the ice. Really really bad.

It's like looking defending at a vet all star game. Stand and wait for the highlight reel goal.
He has never been a stud defensively.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Karlsson has always struggled with finding consistency in his defensive game. He had some bad stretches (and seasons) in his own end in Ottawa. When he was playing hard and aggressive, he was very good in his own end.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Karlsson’s attention to defensive detail looks non existent this season. Just so casual and rock star but comes across as lazy.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
whatever happened to EK65 anyway? He was never known for his elite defensive game but he was great at moving the puck, in transition and used to put up plenty of points. He isn't scoring like he used to what happened?

My hockey pool is already suffering because of Malkin's injury now EK is also not scoring I had hoped EK would rebound but......

It's a shame what has happened to Karlsson's game

Jericho111091

Dec 18, 2014
Paramount Ca
He seems like his head isn't entirely in the game at the moment which I can understand given the recent birth of his child, especially after losing the previous pregnancy. Hopefully he turns it around somewhat because he can be quite exciting to watch. But dont turn it around too much because screw the Sharks.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
He had a good game against the Flames. Come on now and write about that too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad