Speculation: Erik Karlsson

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
So you’re telling me one game means more than a whole season? Lol. You’re funny.

I'm saying that you're absolutely naive to believe that The Sharks are going to sail through the season without having to play the games. Anything can happen bro...I'll be sure to remind you of this exchange if it does

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
the Shars are gonna have to earn their wins, nothing is easy in this league. i know tonight they outshot ana badly but still a loss.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Let's see your team make the playoffs with your two best players injured for a large portion of the season.

Oh, that's right. They wouldn't, would they? Boohoo.

Even without Stamkos [and our starting goalie at the time; Bishop], we took the Penguins to seven games a couple years ago in the Conference Finals.

Thornton missed almost half the season last year and Burns and Jones both played through injuries for a significant portion. They still finished with 100 points.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm saying that you're absolutely naive to believe that The Sharks are going to sail through the season without having to play the games. Anything can happen bro...I'll be sure to remind you of this exchange if it does
I never said that. I said Sharks will finish on top of the Pacific

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
"I'm saying that you're absolutely naive to believe that The Sharks are going to sail through the season without having to play the games. Anything can happen bro...I'll be sure to remind you of this exchange if it does"

I never said that. I said Sharks will finish on top of the Pacific

LOL

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
You mean they blew a 3-2 lead?
Thanks. They had a 3-2 series lead in the Conference Finals without two of their most important players.

More importantly, the team they lost to went on to win the Stanley Cup. In back to back years.

The team that Tampa lost to this past playoffs also went on to win the Cup. The Sharks just seem to lose to the team that win the cup though.

If we're going to do a pissing contest, let's at least really measure our piss.

Thornton missed almost half the season last year and Burns and Jones both played through injuries for a significant portion. They still finished with 100 points.
Because 38 year old Joe Thornton is the same thing as a 26 year old Stamkos.

Maybe, just maybe, the Sharks don't need Thornton anymore.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
"I'm saying that you're absolutely naive to believe that The Sharks are going to sail through the season without having to play the games. Anything can happen bro...I'll be sure to remind you of this exchange if it does"

LOL

Do you not realize how stupid you look by quoting him after literally one game, in which the shots were 33-15 in favor of San Jose?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Thanks. They had a 3-2 series lead in the Conference Finals without two of their most important players.

More importantly, the team they lost to went on to win the Stanley Cup. In back to back years.

The team that Tampa lost to this past playoffs also went on to win the Cup. The Sharks just seem to lose to the team that win the cup though.

If we're going to do a pissing contest, let's at least really measure our piss.

Because 38 year old Joe Thornton is the same thing as a 26 year old Stamkos.

Maybe, just maybe, the Sharks don't need Thornton anymore.
Ummmm, the Sharks were in one of those finals.

What are you getting at here?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Speculative, and irrelevant. He didn't stay in San Jose, as the other poster suggested... but no point in derailing this thread.
It's only speculative to someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Wilson offered 2 years 10 mil. Leafs offered 3 and 18. Marleau came back to Wilson with Toronto's offer and asked if they could match it and Wilson said good luck in Toronto.

Nevermind the fact Marleau spent over half his life in San Jose before leaving. What is the point you're trying to convey?

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Do you not realize how stupid you look by quoting him after literally one game, in which the shots were 33-15 in favor of San Jose?

We had the discussion before the loss. Anyone so arrogantly overconfident deserves for the team to miss the playoffs

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
We had the discussion before the loss. Anyone so arrogantly overconfident deserves for the team to miss the playoffs

Yes, I know that. You acting like one loss, in which the Sharks more than doubled up a 100 point playoff team in shots, means anything, is hilarious. And if that’s the case, then 31 teams deserve to miss the playoffs.

Reactions: Gecklund

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

LOL
Thinking they will sail through the season isn't the same as thinking they will win the division. Get real.

Reactions: Gecklund

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
If I was him, I’d sign in Toronto. A chance to win the Cup, and screw over the team that traded him.

Reactions: Belieber

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He's going to sign in Toronto obviously, they will definitely win the next 20 cups.

sign. this is the new "plan the parade" i guess

for all the leaf fans that turn non leaf threads into something about the leafs, there are equally as many guys who cant help but take a jab and derail a thread in the same manner.

get over it

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If I was him, I’d sign in Toronto. A chance to win the Cup, and screw over the team that traded him.

that would be very hard for the leafs to do after JT

maybe if its 1 year x 8 mil or something with some wink wink sponsorships on the side

leafs would have to move the last year of marleuas hit (only 1.25 cash so easy)
and let gardiner (hurts a bit) and hainsey (thankg god) walk..but they could probably swing it

Tavares,Marner,Matthews,Nylander,Kadri
Rielly, Karlsson,Dermott,Zaitsev
Andersen

that is not only a contender, but probably the favorite

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Signing Karlsson is kinda going against the Rangers plan. They are on a mini- rebuild plan and are looking at adding players from within the organization. Panarin would be a better signing idea. If they are looking to
Add from FA.

Why doesn't Panarin want to win now? He started with a contender.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
that would be very hard for the leafs to do after JT

maybe if its 1 year x 8 mil or something with some wink wink sponsorships on the side

leafs would have to move the last year of marleuas hit (only 1.25 cash so easy)
and let gardiner (hurts a bit) and hainsey (thankg god) walk..but they could probably swing it

Tavares,Marner,Matthews,Nylander,Kadri
Rielly, Karlsson,Dermott,Zaitsev
Andersen

that is not only a contender, but probably the favorite

Moving Marleau is not going to be easy when he has a no-move clause and likely no desire to go anywhere. I think that's wishful thinking there.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
It wouldn't screw over the team, it would hurt the fans and I dont see EK wanting to hurt the fans.

It would actually hurt himself in the process. Why sign for less when you aren't guaranteed a cup? Like imagine making the same amount as Marner/Nylander if you're Karlsson. Don't think so...

He's going to be in San Jose or Tampa. One or the other...Tampa to have a better shot at a Cup, San Jose for the lifestyle and at least a playoff contender.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No you quoted me during the third when the loss was pretty much a given
Thinking they will sail through the season isn't the same as thinking they will win the division. Get real.
waiting for @yababy to respond to this because this is exactly what I said and they still haven’t responded to this

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad