Speculation: Erik Karlsson

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
My gut says Tampa but San Jose could definitely become the favorite as the season plays out. It's not rare for players to grow attached to cities they play for, and San Jose has a great track record of being loved by its players.

Reactions: Morrison

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Who actually thinks that after all this he would just up and leave? Hes there to stay, and I dont see SJS giving him up that easy, im sure they will offer a sweet deal.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
In addition to all the comments above every time a player talks about San Jose's locker room its openly and praising the camaraderie. Thornton and Burns are the big factors behind this atmosphere obviously so I dont know what it will look like when they leave, but usually younger players are influenced by it and the tradition perpetuates

BigCanadian

Mar 7, 2007
Kanata
San Jose's window looks really small. I don't think he re-signs there long-term, if at all.
If Melnyk sells the team, and Alfredsson is in the management team, I think Ottawa is actually a front-runner, if they haven't gutted the team much more by then.
If not, Tampa Bay is then the front runner IMO.

Reactions: DJB and Sting

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd say Tampa but it's in the East. Might say Vancouver, Dallas or Vegas. Whatever team pays him, really. If not San Jose.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It's crazy how many things I thought I'd never see happen, happen.

Duchene would stay in Colorado for a long, long time.
Karlsson would be a Senator for life.
Marleau would be a Shark for life.
Weber would be a Predator for life.
Tavares would be an Islander for life.
Sundin would be a Leaf for life.
Naslund would be a Canuck for life.

Blueliner70

Mar 16, 2018
IF Yzerman, takes over as Red Wings general manager. Perhaps he goes after him. The Red Wings will have around $18-$19 million in cap space. Yzerman wanted him in Tampa. Could see it as a real possibility.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Karlsson free agency thread #5 of 50342 this season...I hope he re-ups before the end of the year so I dont have to suffer through June/July with more of this crap.

No one knows what he will do. Some say Tampa, some say San Jose, some say Melnyk will sell the team and he will go home and it was all an elaborate ruse....at the end of the day this is a waste of internet data to create yet another one of these threads

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Look at the OP.
I did, and i read what he posted....apparently you couldn't read past his username. Here, i''ll help you out.....nowhere does he mention the Leafs. So maybe your blatent pissing contest jab is just about you and your insecurities?

Everyone on this site is always talking about "Leafs fans making every thread about them!!" Well....on page one we have 3 non-Leafs fans trying to make it all about the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->