Value of: Erik Karlsson - UFA. Will it happen? Where does he end up?

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Hilarious how I said they were no close to being a contender and suddenly for you it became no where close to a playoff team when I literally said they will be barely a playoff team. Also maybe you should read your own post because you’re the one spewing bs because apparently players want the maybes versus the legit contenders.

Players want money and a nice place to live. If he was signing with you it would be done by now. He's going to free agency... And likely going somewhere new. That trade looks nice if he leaves for nothing from you guys and you don't win a cup. Sets you back even more with no first rounder this year... Next year... No Balcers no Norris. Ouch.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Are you some kind of troll? If this kind of stuff gets you do angry why are you even in this thread? If he wanted to sign with you guys... He would have by now... You would have offered him max term and max dollars and he would have said yes.... He's going the same route as Tavares....

Wrong again, we can’t even offer him max term until the trade deadline. You have no idea what you’re talking about and you should probably just stop.

No Balcers no Norris. Ouch.

Said literally nobody ever.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Players want money and a nice place to live. If he was signing with you it would be done by now. He's going to free agency... And likely going somewhere new. That trade looks nice if he leaves for nothing from you guys and you don't win a cup. Sets you back even more with no first rounder this year... Next year... No Balcers no Norris. Ouch.
He can’t sign an 8 year deal yet. If he was signing with us there’s absolutely no way he would have signed by now.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Hilarious how I said they were no close to being a contender and suddenly for you it became no where close to a playoff team when I literally said they will be barely a playoff team. Also maybe you should read your own post because you’re the one spewing bs because apparently players want the maybes versus the legit contenders.

When fans watch their team lose day in and day out, really the only thing they can grasp at is praying they'll be good years into the future, and how every good player now should go to their team because of how "good" they'll be sooner or later

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Wrong again, we can’t even offer him max term until the trade deadline. You have no idea what you’re talking about and you should probably just stop.

You don't think they would have come out and say they would be offering him a deal? No news is bad news generally with all stars and their contracts. I hope you don't sign him.. You don't need another 8 year contract on a 29 turning 30 year old d man.. It's dumb.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Vancouver has a shot at the playoffs right now only because the Western Conference is on pace to become the worst of all time in the Wild Card era. And they’re still 9th. They have absolutely no chance at a Stanley Cup and as good as Karlsson is, he wouldn’t change that.

Yes, we’re all so jealous of the team that we have 18 more points than. Our anger is only strengthened by the fact that we just routed in their own building.
I’m just chirping because it’s a little ridiculous to get defensive about speculating where a player is going to land. I’m pulling for you guys because I’d love to see Jumbo get his cup before he hangs them up.

Reactions: Tkachukecheese

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
I’m just chirping because it’s a little ridiculous to get defensive about speculating where a player is going to land. I’m pulling for you guys because I’d love to see Jumbo get his cup before he hangs them up.

I too would like to see you guys sign and win the cup... Why wouldn't I it gets us another first round pick. Don't get so but hurt at people thinking he might sign somewhere else. So sensitive it's sad.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You don't think they would have come out and say they would be offering him a deal? No news is bad news generally with all stars and their contracts. I hope you don't sign him.. You don't need another 8 year contract on a 29 turning 30 year old d man.. It's dumb.
No they wouldn’t come out and say that. When has a team EVER done that? Also every news is pointing towards him resigning. Just because you aren’t paying attention doesn’t mean there’s no news.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

They did say they would offer him an 8 year contract.

Karlsson expected to get eight-year contract offer from Sharks: report

There has been news.

Sharks, Erik Karlsson begin contract talks - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: Gecklund

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
When fans watch their team lose day in and day out, really the only thing they can grasp at is praying they'll be good years into the future, and how every good player now should go to their team because of how "good" they'll be sooner or later

Dude we were good for a long time... Teams go threw bad times... You guys did for a long time too don't forget that. In 6 years we will be in a great spot and you once again will be in a bad spot... It's the way the league works. Look at Chicago... Look at Pittsburgh.... They are all about to crumble.

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019

Okay so why are you guys here... To argue with every single member who doesn't list San Jose ? You are trolling the thread...

If you sign him great ! We get a second rounder out of it! I hope you do and you win thr cup I want another first.

I think he's going to sign somewhere else... Big deal... Get over it. So sensitiveeee

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Okay so why are you guys here... To argue with every single member who doesn't list San Jose ? You are trolling the thread...

If you sign him great ! We get a second rounder out of it! I hope you do and you win thr cup I want another first.

I think he's going to sign somewhere else... Big deal... Get over it. So sensitiveeee

Nobody’s being sensitive here except for you.

I’m just stating it’s absolutely ridiculous to think Karlsson is going to leave the best team in the Western Conference for a team that is 6 points out of dead last in the conference. The same goes for all of these teams really. None of the teams of San Jose’s caliber have room for Karlsson.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

You think people are responding to you because you said he’s going to sign somewhere else?

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Nobody’s being sensitive here except for you.

I’m just stating it’s absolutely ridiculous to think Karlsson is going to leave the best team in the Western Conference for a team that is 6 points out of dead last in the conference. The same goes for all of these teams really. None of the teams of San Jose’s caliber have room for Karlsson.

Sorry I think Nashville and Winnipeg are better then your squad. You are right man okay? You are so right.... You know all! Just sit on this thread that is literally asking where people think they will go... And argue with every single person. You have issues....

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
San Jose fans are the greatest ! He is never leaving San Jose ever!! He has zero chance of signing anywhere! Vancouver is garbage and will never compete in the next 5-8 years! Dipietro is the reason obviously ! Karlsson in San Jose for life... Even when he's 65 years old... Still a shark.

Bye guys it's been a blast!

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I fully expect Karlsson to resign in San Jose. If he doesn't, I don't see why Vancouver wouldn't be a good option for him. Vancouver really isn't that far away from being a playoff team again. They just need another scorer, and a number one defenseman. Karlsson would solve that problem, and the Canucks would have a solid defensive core (Karlsson, Edler, Tanev, Hughes, Stecher, Hutton). He'd be paired with fellow countryman Alex Edler, who he has played with in national team events. Aswell as Pettersson, Eriksson and Markstrom who he can associate with. Not to mention Vancouver is a beautiful city.
I don't think Vancouver is as much as a long shot as most would think.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
I literally posted

"Tampa bay, Vancouver, Vegas, islanders"

And all the sensitive San Jose fans came out swinging. Go take a look.
I fully expect Karlsson not to resign with San Jose.

But, on the other hand, I also don't see how Tampa can afford to sign him and Point without shedding outrageous salary. I don't think the Rangers will take on Callahan, Killorn, and someone else for us. :laugh: If they did though, that'd be mighty fine of them.

I fully expect Karlsson to resign in San Jose. If he doesn't, I don't see why Vancouver wouldn't be a good option for him. Vancouver really isn't that far away from being a playoff team again. They just need another scorer, and a number one defenseman. Karlsson would solve that problem, and the Canucks would have a solid defensive core (Karlsson, Edler, Tanev, Hughes, Stecher, Hutton). He'd be paired with fellow countryman Alex Edler, who he has played with in national team events. Aswell as Pettersson, Eriksson and Markstrom who he can associate with. Not to mention Vancouver is a beautiful city.
This feels like a "I don't think San Jose will resign him either, but I just want to make their fans happy with my thoughts, so I'll include that but I'll make the majority of my post contradict my thoughts in the hopes that someone that knows him reads this post about how amazing Vancouver is in hopes it changes his mind" post.

I enjoyed it.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I can’t say enough great things about the city of Vancouver.

But their NHL hockey team is just not good. They’re at below one point per game after getting shut out by the f***ing Ducks, the only reason they’re still anywhere near a playoff spot is because the Western Conference playoff race is historically weak. And even in a historically weak season, they’re still two points out of a playoff spot. They’ve got the worst one of the worst defense cores in the NHL and they’ve got 3 regular forwards scoring above half a point per game.

If not for a historically awful playoff race, they would be comfortably out of a playoff spot. Last season, on February 13, 57 points would have been good for 12th place in the Western Conference. And a points percentage of less than 50% would be good for 13th out of 15 teams. They’re much closer to a top-5 pick than they are to being a playoff team in a normal year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad