May 19, 2010
It's a sign!

2Wd43X9.jpg

Reactions: slocal

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Bumped because it's been 1 media day since the Sharks acquired him and I still can't believe he's on the team.

Reactions: Phu

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Me: why do I have likes on the EK trade thread
Also Me: heh I thought one of Meier/Hertl/Merkley was gone 100%

GOT EM

I was looking through some of my old posts and found these gems:

You would need to give up at least one of the big three and probably both Marner and Nylander, especially if there is any sort of guarantee that Karlsson would re-sign.

Teams would be offering individual players more valuable than that entire package and then supplementing them with 2-3 pieces comparable to those in your package, especially if an extension was promised. Think Barzal+'18 1st+'19 1st+B prospect that the Sens like. Think Draisaitl+Larsson+protected '18 1st+B prospect that the Sens like. Think Keller+Strome+protected '19 1st+B prospect. If there's no guaranteed contract, maybe ditch the B prospect. If there's a guaranteed contract, turn the B prospect to a blue chipper or another established top-6/top-4 player.

A comparable might be Marner+'18 1st+'19 1st+Carrick IF he does not have a contract. If he does have one, you're probably looking at dropping that '19 1st and adding William Nylander. Your offer is a crazy lowball.

He is literally 27 years old and the offer you are making is under the assumption that he will be signed to a long-term contract. That is literally 2 years away from being exactly what is going on.

I can only speak as a Sharks fan but I would easily offer any two players on our roster and our '18 1st for Karlsson with an extension. That is a significantly more valuable package than the one you suggested. I would also offer '18 1st, '19 1st, '18 2nd, Timo Meier, Dylan DeMelo (very comparable to your offer) and add Logan Couture if Karlsson is coming back with an extension.

You are the one that is out to lunch and everybody else will tell you so. There's an Oilers fan right above me who is telling you the same and I'm sure he would tell you that if he was Oilers GM, he would at least consider the offer I suggested as an offer to Ottawa for Karlsson with an extension.

Clearly, I was out to lunch. :laugh:

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He has played ONE game and mainboards are already trolling him.

I don’t like playing the victim or accusing people of biases, but the main board really has a lot of people who like to troll Karlsson when he isn’t playing perfect. I guess it’s kind of done to combat the number of Karlsson fans who will tell you that he is an angel who can do no wrong but it’s still annoying to see the number of people who are saying that he is a shell of himself when last season he had stretches of playing as well as he ever did in Ottawa.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I don’t like playing the victim or accusing people of biases, but the main board really has a lot of people who like to troll Karlsson when he isn’t playing perfect. I guess it’s kind of done to combat the number of Karlsson fans who will tell you that he is an angel who can do no wrong but it’s still annoying to see the number of people who are saying that he is a shell of himself when last season he had stretches of playing as well as he ever did in Ottawa.
I mean someone on mainboards said he looked terrible both games this season and got a bunch of likes. That is trolling.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I mean someone on mainboards said he looked terrible both games this season and got a bunch of likes. That is trolling.

He didn’t look terrible in either game. That’s hyperbole but if he was terrible by somebody’s definition, they should be trashing almost every player on the team. For some reason only Karlsson gets the bulk of the criticism. Other guys like Burns have been worse and yet don’t really get much of it.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
He didn’t look terrible in either game. That’s hyperbole but if he was terrible by somebody’s definition, they should be trashing almost every player on the team. For some reason only Karlsson gets the bulk of the criticism. Other guys like Burns have been worse and yet don’t really get much of it.
He just became a father after losing his son 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad