Erik Karlsson (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Main board hates Karlsson and looooooves to shit on the Sharks, its a powerful combo

wUTjLTf.gif

I'm stealing this :laugh:

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Reading the main boards take on this reminds me that I shouldn't take their opinion on anything with much other than salt.

I know how Karlsson has been playing, and know that the people on the main boards are completely off. Yet, when there is a thread about something I'm not as familiar with (the situation in Buffalo, if Crosby is available for trade, what's the deal on Binnington's contract), I'll generally find whatever the main boards say to be the truth. Best I stick to what the actual fans say and then discount for bias.

Generally fans are most knowledgeable about their own team and its players. I find it amazing that so many people on the main boards make so many judgments about teams and players that they don't even watch. I'm not going to comment on Ovechkin, Crosby, the Stars, you name it, because I haven't watched them and just looking at the stats can be misleading. If Karlsson had 14 points in his last 7 games instead of 5 you're damn sure the main boards would know he was playing great the last few weeks.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
That 2-line flip pass through the D and leading to an almost-breakaway for Labanc (I think) was amazing. So, that's what he's looking up ice for. Very different from Brent "Ice Machine" Burn's laser passes.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Karl's words after the quote from Sheng's tweet:

"Then again, that's not my concern, it's not something I can do anything about, it's not my position in the organization, my position is to play hockey. You have to put the trust in the people around you that deal with those type of things and here it starts with Doug Wilson."

Anyways, I'm sure Karlsson is not the only one that thinks the team can still make the playoffs this season and can be competitive next year and beyond. There's almost no chance Kane, Couture, Hertl, and Burns think any different. It's not their job of course, as Erik alluded to, and they'd never say it publicly, but they've all been around long enough to know that if they can get better goaltending and have some young guys join the team and contribute then they'll be able to win more games next season. And it goes without saying that if Karlsson plays like he is now then he's the biggest part of the solution outside goaltending.

Danvilleshark

Mar 10, 2021
Great. Jones has won this too. Go look at when Coutures scoring really took off this season. It was when he got Kane on his line to do all the dirty work. Couture is a great sniper and opportunistic but he doesn't drive play by himself. He wasn't doing very good with Meier this season or anyone else until Kane bailed him out and started creating chaos that gave Couture a number of easy tap in rebounds. Kane is also much better on the forecheck and defensively which creates turnovers for their line to take advantage of. Right now the forward lines would be more depleted if Kane came out than Couture.
Kane has been outstanding this season, there can be no denying that. He and Logan work very well together. Timo has been a disappointment and coach has spoken to that.

Danvilleshark

Mar 10, 2021
Karl's words after the quote from Sheng's tweet:

"Then again, that's not my concern, it's not something I can do anything about, it's not my position in the organization, my position is to play hockey. You have to put the trust in the people around you that deal with those type of things and here it starts with Doug Wilson."

Anyways, I'm sure Karlsson is not the only one that thinks the team can still make the playoffs this season and can be competitive next year and beyond. There's almost no chance Kane, Couture, Hertl, and Burns think any different. It's not their job of course, as Erik alluded to, and they'd never say it publicly, but they've all been around long enough to know that if they can get better goaltending and have some young guys join the team and contribute then they'll be able to win more games next season. And it goes without saying that if Karlsson plays like he is now then he's the biggest part of the solution outside goaltending.
DW has gone on the record to say the postseason is doubtful.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
DW has gone on the record to say the postseason is doubtful.

“Are we in the window to win a Stanley Cup this year? That’s highly unlikely,” Wilson said. “Are we going to compete to try and make the playoffs? Yes we are. Are we going to commit to the reset and to younger players getting opportunities? Yes we are.”

Doug Wilson uses ‘R’ word to describe current state of San Jose Sharks – Daily Democrat

Recently, he said winning the Cup is doubtful, not making the postseason.

If you have another quote where he said otherwise, I'd appreciate seeing it.

Reactions: WSS11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad