Erik Karlsson (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
But wait! He came to the defense of a guy who was likely headed to free agency to take a max deal somewhere else! He’s walking confirmed!

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I think it's good for the game to keep focus on the finals. It would be huge news in Canada, and would absolutely take away from the finals.

By the same logic, they should wait until they NBA finals are over. I personally don't think they care or are waiting for anything to end. They'll just announce something when they know something.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach

I assume this says extension is done

I read it as “since Kevin Durant is leaving the warriors I will take it upon myself to sign with them in order to help bring championships to the Bay Area. Klay Thompson gave me this sweet watch and free chocolate milk for life”

Reactions: Phu

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
not sure what to make of that google translation lol

i always punish my best and gainomax me that opportunity

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Doug has also been in Toronto for the last few days for the competition committee so that could be part of the delay in any announcements.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
@ErikKarlsson65: RT @FirstTake: "Everybody's fake acting like they care about KD's best interest when they don't. It's phony to me."
-@JalenRose...

EK speaks! Sort of. More like just quoting someone else who spoke but still.

He cares deeply for other Bay Area athletes and comes to their defense. Extension looms!

To me it seems like he is supporting Jalen's stance that athletes shouldn't put themselves at risk when it benefits the team more then themselves. So wondering if Erik feels he was put in same position with his injury.

This goes against the typical hockey culture. Guys like Thornton or Pavelski wouldn't hesitate in heartbeat to help win even if they were at increase risk of further injury. Not saying which way is correct, but if Karlsson agrees with Jalen, there could be a divide between himself and team.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Yeah would depend who the “they” is. I didn’t see the original clip of Rose saying that so don’t know if he’s talking about warriors brass or some media people.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Every business is 'next man up'. I can see where they're coming from, but I just can't feel bad. They may forget about the players quickly, but they're more than taken care of when they're there.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Every business is 'next man up'. I can see where they're coming from, but I just can't feel bad. They may forget about the players quickly, but they're more than taken care of when they're there.

Yeah, KD has a 31.5M player option for next year.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
@ErikKarlsson65: RT @FirstTake: "Everybody's fake acting like they care about KD's best interest when they don't. It's phony to me."
-@JalenRose...

EK speaks! Sort of. More like just quoting someone else who spoke but still.

He cares deeply for other Bay Area athletes and comes to their defense. Extension looms!

Or you could look at it as supporting a (fellow future) NY pro athlete? :sarcasm:

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
By the same logic, they should wait until they NBA finals are over. I personally don't think they care or are waiting for anything to end. They'll just announce something when they know something.
? No that's totally different; it's a different market. I'm sure owners in a single sport look out for each other

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
To me it seems like he is supporting Jalen's stance that athletes shouldn't put themselves at risk when it benefits the team more then themselves. So wondering if Erik feels he was put in same position with his injury.

This goes against the typical hockey culture. Guys like Thornton or Pavelski wouldn't hesitate in heartbeat to help win even if they were at increase risk of further injury. Not saying which way is correct, but if Karlsson agrees with Jalen, there could be a divide between himself and team.

Counter-point: He came back into that Boston game for no reason and re-injured himself...didn't sound like the team forced him to do that. If anything, the coaching staff was stupid enough to let him do it.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Do you have a link to the Facebook post? Or did you see it on reddit?
So I kind of don't want to post it here because it's a pic that the waiter posted to a closed Facebook group (even though the group has 20K members). Here's the link to the Facebook group though:

San Jose Sharks

But it's also on Reddit. Also we can't verify how old the photo is, but I think we can definitely call this an E6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad