Erik Karlsson (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISharkted

Apr 11, 2009
Please shut him down until the SCF, if we were to get that far. Take Heed at 100% and very rested over EK’s broken groin. There is a difference between playing hurt and trying to play injured. He very much appears injured to me.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Please shut him down until the SCF, if we were to get that far. Take Heed at 100% and very rested over EK’s broken groin. There is a difference between playing hurt and trying to play injured. He very much appears injured to me.

Exactly. Heed is obviously nowhere near Karlsson but I don’t want to see broken karlsson trying to defend the blues cycle. Plus Heed can QB the PP as well

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I was very impressed with Heed when he was in last time, and I think his fresh legs can make a difference. Rest Karl even if he doesn't like it.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I hope Martin Havlat sits a game. Shame too because he literally just looked like he was back up t0 90%

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The Karlsson injury takes place at 9:51 of the third during a power play. He attempts to make an innocuous looking stop behind the Sharks’ net and his right leg gives out. You can see him react and basically look down at his leg. After that he can’t push off anymore. When Bozak knocks the puck past Burns and goes in on a breakaway Karlsson only pushes off with his left leg in pursuit. It doesn’t look nearly as bad as what happened against Boston in the regular season, so hopefully he can play next game.

Reactions: Friday

Paka Ono

Pro Ice Girl Scout
Jun 29, 2011
SF
Im ok with him not re-signing because something tells me he never recovers 100% from thos groin injury.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Im ok with him not re-signing because something tells me he never recovers 100% from thos groin injury.

Don't worry with our luck we'll make it to the SCF somehow, get swept, lose our first and then EK will sign for 8Mil a year for 7 in the east coast, never get injured again and win the cup and conn smythe his first year with his new team.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Don't worry with our luck we'll make it to the SCF somehow, get swept, lose our first and then EK will sign for 8Mil a year for 7 in the east coast, never get injured again and win the cup and conn smythe his first year with his new team.

We only lose the first if we make the SCF and Karlsson re-signs. We don’t lose anything if he doesn’t sign.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
Well Karlsson has executed some really slick plays that have been a pleasure to watch. But he has also made a large number of really bad plays, giveaways, etc. I would not say he has been an irreplaceable asset in a single game this season/playoffs. A replacement like Heed won't make as many pretty plays but probably won't make as many stinkers either.

Last edited:

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
Plus, fundamentally capable people like Heed thrust unexpectedly into a critical need in the big arena often do have a resulting rush of adrenaline and neurotransmitters that make them hyper aware and extraordinarily capable for a while. We only need six games of that from heed to polish off the triumph.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
When we first got Karlsson everyone was excited about getting arguably a top 3 d-man in the world. Now people think someone like Heed can just replace him without skipping a beat. I get Karlsson's not 100% but come on. The Sharks have trouble getting the puck out and getting through the neutral zone and Karlsson is one of the few who can reliably skate or pass the puck out. This just makes it easier for the Blues to shut down the Sharks' attack. Obviously I'd take a healthy Heed over a broken Karlsson but this is a bigger loss than people think.

Reactions: Star Ocean
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad