Erik Karlsson (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Oct 31, 2018
I think this too.

It’s win win though right? We sign him, we win! We don’t, we’ll that contract will be awful in 4 years anyway as the glass man ages.

I can guarantee that whatever happens, a lot of Shark fans will be doing a lot of mental gymnastics to convince themselves that the eventual outcome was the absolute best. If he's a Shark next season, he's a top-5 defenseman; if he's on another team, he's fragile as can be.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I can guarantee that whatever happens, a lot of Shark fans will be doing a lot of mental gymnastics to convince themselves that the eventual outcome was the absolute best. If he's a Shark next season, he's a top-5 defenseman; if he's on another team, he's fragile as can be.
i mean both those things can be true at the same time (and probably are....)

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Why? Do you think EK65 and others would work at a deeply discounted rate for you (or me) to watch them at the tank?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Crazy Joe Divola

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Why would the league give two ****s about getting a cup for a guy who isn’t even one of the top 100 players ever?
Joe Thornton played the bulk of his career in low scoring era's and is going to go down as a top 10 if not top 5 all time playmaker. believe what you want lol

Despite the low scoring era he played in and missing multiple years to lockout and half lockout he is 14th in all time scoring and 8th all time in assists

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Joe Thornton played the bulk of his career in low scoring era's and is going to go down as a top 10 if not top 5 all time playmaker. believe what you want lol

Despite the low scoring era he played in and missing multiple years to lockout and half lockout he is 14th in all time scoring and 8th all time in assists
My post was super sarcastic. Sardonic even.

Reactions: fasterthanlight

The JT Express

Dec 6, 2007
California
No leaks anywhere, and there is no public information on how much he's asking for. Pretty unusual for someone who was supposed to make a decision last week and it's not characteristic of someone trying to get the best deal possible.

I think it's realistic that DW has an agreement in place but is not announcing it because of the sensitive nature of the other contracts that are being negotiated.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No leaks anywhere, and there is no public information on how much he's asking for. Pretty unusual for someone who was supposed to make a decision last week and it's not uncharacteristic of someone trying to get the best deal possible.

I think it's realistic that DW has an agreement in place but is not announcing it because of the sensitive nature of the other contracts that are being negotiated.

Whatever decision there is to be made is likely already made but they're not going to announce anything prior to game 7 of the Finals. If nothing else, it's a week and a half until the draft. Something will happen somewhere affecting this team by then. lol

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Whatever decision there is to be made is likely already made but they're not going to announce anything prior to game 7 of the Finals. If nothing else, it's a week and a half until the draft. Something will happen somewhere affecting this team by then. lol

Jeez. Time flies. I did not realize that the draft is almost upon us!

Also, I have never understood why teams hold off on making announcements? Is it because of respect to the teams still playing?

If yes, f*** that. I don't give a crap about other teams .. :)

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

I agree with this, we’ll know nothing until after the cup finals. The articles put out there about his interest in receiving offers from Montreal/Ottawa could either of been pushed by his agent or just the Canadian media being Canadian media. Hopefully we know something soon so we can either celebrate or move on with the rest of the offseason.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Jeez. Time flies. I did not realize that the draft is almost upon us!

Also, I have never understood why teams hold off on making announcements? Is it because of respect to the teams still playing?

If yes, **** that. I don't give a crap about other teams .. :)

For the most part, yes but I also think it's suggested to them by the league to hold off.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I also think that the not knowing next year's cap affects contracts for certain guys. I wouldn't be surprised if in negotiations GMs consider cap percentage for fair contracts as opposed to basic numbers.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Karlsson signing or saying he will be testing free agency is huge news and would be taking away from the stanley cup finals and the news being all about the winner.

How would shark fans feel if they were about to win the cup for the 1st time and then a night before the clinching game connor mcdavid requested a trade from edmonton?

The sharks would get 0 national media coverage about winning the cup in that situation. And that is pretty much what will happen if karlsson signs now.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Karlsson signing or saying he will be testing free agency is huge news and would be taking away from the stanley cup finals and the news being all about the winner.

How would shark fans feel if they were about to win the cup for the 1st time and then a night before the clinching game connor mcdavid requested a trade from edmonton?

The sharks would get 0 national media coverage about winning the cup in that situation. And that is pretty much what will happen if karlsson signs now.
I would not give a shit about it to be honest. And neither would the teams contending for the cup. Or they should not anyway.

Reactions: tiburon12

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Considering how shafted we get on the 'no headhunting' calls by the DoPS, probably best for the Sharks to hold off announcing anything until after tonight. That is, if there is even news...

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
@ErikKarlsson65: RT @FirstTake: "Everybody's fake acting like they care about KD's best interest when they don't. It's phony to me."
-@JalenRose...

EK speaks! Sort of. More like just quoting someone else who spoke but still.

He cares deeply for other Bay Area athletes and comes to their defense. Extension looms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad