Speculation: Erik Karlsson only, or Gardiner+Myers for 11M ?

Karlsson or Myers+Gardiner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
At this point I see no reason Karlsson would sign here. I am fine with adding Myers though as long as we have room to take a run at Trouba next year.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If this was 2011 and we had a bunch of Swedes on the roster, I'd say yes.

It's a hard sell convincing a top free agent pushing 30, who's never won the Stanley Cup, that he should sign a long-term contract with a bottom feeder team.

What if Karlsson looks, who'll win the draft lottery and joins the team, whose 1st overall will in prime with him at least for 4-5 seasons.

Summer can change things. Winning a Draft lottery can change UFA bargaining power a lot. Players want to join best players.

But I could think our biggest change in that power will happen at 2020.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
What if Karlsson looks, who'll win the draft lottery and joins the team, whose 1st overall will in prime with him at least for 4-5 seasons.

Summer can change things. Winning a Draft lottery can change UFA bargaining power a lot. Players want to join best players.

Because that's a huge what-if for a contract that would take him into his mid to late 30s on?

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown

Is Jack Hughes supposed to be the next Connor McDavid right away? Even if he is, the Oilers aren't exactly a top team. The Red Wings need lots of pieces all over the lineup. It's just hard to envision a top tier player who's almost 30 being patient enough to wait for a team to rebuild for several seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad