Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Is this a joke? :help:

Leddy is on a sweetheart of a deal and we aren’t trading the two steals we got in the draft, especially for a guy who’s a UFA after next season.

I’d do 2019 1st (top 10 protected, becomes 2020 1st if pick is top 10), 2019 2nd, Ho-Sang, Nelson, Clutterbuck, and Mayfield for Karlsson, Ryan and Anderson.

That's possibly the worst offer on this board after 202 pages congrats please delete your account lol

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
That's possibly the worst offer on this board after 202 pages congrats please delete your account lol

What exactly are you expecting to get for a guy who’s a free agent in a year and intent on going to free agency, especially when the team wants to include a huge salary dump or possibly two? The reality is Karlsson isn’t going to return three top prospects and multiple picks. He has one year left and is going to most likely get anchored with another player like Ryan who has a horrible contract.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Now it's onto Karlsson talk after Tavares.

Like I've said before I won't blame him one bit for leaving Ottawa because of what happened. Jets would be a terrific suitor for him, but I think based off what he wants he's heading to Vegas. Just think he should give Winnipeg a chance and we'll gladly let him walk if it's not in his liking.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Can't blame Sens fans for wanting as much as possible, but the reality is that if EK is traded without an extension in place you're going to get dick for him imo. Especially if Ryan is part of the deal.

Unsigned EK + Ryan.. I mean I'm not sure what I'd be willing to give up for that. One year of EK where he's got his sights set on free agency and four more years of Ryan's contract?

Have a lottery protected first round pick and some mid level prospects.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Then Dorion came out and said he is old school, and doesnt like to trade within the division. So he took a worse deal and saw the player come back to the division anyways.

Frank Serevelli actually said that.

Dorions response was you can ask any GM in our divisions, they got a call on mike Hoffman.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Frank Serevelli actually said that.

Dorions response was you can ask any GM in our divisions, they got a call on mike Hoffman.

Can I see a source on Dorion’s comments?

The reason I ask is that I would hope that Doug Wilson didn’t burn any bridges with Dorion for a potential Karlsson trade.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
What exactly are you expecting to get for a guy who’s a free agent in a year and intent on going to free agency, especially when the team wants to include a huge salary dump or possibly two? The reality is Karlsson isn’t going to return three top prospects and multiple picks. He has one year left and is going to most likely get anchored with another player like Ryan who has a horrible contract.

Man, this has to be the most common bit of misinformation bandied about when talking about Karlsson. The idea that he's somehow hellbent on getting to free-agency is totally made up and has no basis in fact. Please link me to the quote where Karlsson said anything about how his goal was to get to free-agency. I won't hold my breath. In fact, what he actually said was that he "is going to get paid what he's worth" in the context of someone asking him a ridiculous question about whether he'd take a "hometown discount." Saying you'll get paid what you're worth is not the same as saying you're going to free-agency no matter what.

Look, I think we can all agree that there are some teams that he just would never sign with longterm if they traded for him. But, he's made it pretty clear that he wants to win and if a team like San Jose traded for him, you honestly think he wouldn't sign a contract that would make him the highest paid dman in the league? This is a guy who has already suffered two near career-ending injuries to his lower body plus a divorce before his 28th birthday. Trust me, he's signing that deal.

So yeah, spare me the "Karlsson is just a rental!" nonsense. It's a total load of shit.

Lastly, I don't disagree that attaching Ryan will diminish Karlsson's return. But that has everything to do with Ryan's burdensome deal and nothing to do with whether Karlsson will leave or not.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Man, this has to be the most common bit of misinformation bandied about when talking about Karlsson. The idea that he's somehow hellbent on getting to free-agency is totally made up and has no basis in fact. Please link me to the quote where Karlsson said anything about how his goal was to get to free-agency. I won't hold my breath. In fact, what he actually said was that he "is going to get paid what he's worth" in the context of someone asking him a ridiculous question about whether he'd take a "hometown discount." Saying you'll get paid what you're worth is not the same as saying you're going to free-agency no matter what.

Look, I think we can all agree that there are some teams that he just would never sign with longterm if they traded for him. But, he's made it pretty clear that he wants to win and if a team like San Jose traded for him, you honestly think he wouldn't sign a contract that would make him the highest paid dman in the league? This is a guy who has already suffered two near career-ending injuries to his lower body plus a divorce before his 28th birthday. Trust me, he's signing that deal.

So yeah, spare me the "Karlsson is just a rental!" nonsense. It's a total load of ****.

Lastly, I don't disagree that attaching Ryan will diminish Karlsson's return. But that has everything to do with Ryan's burdensome deal and nothing to do with whether Karlsson will leave or not.
Trade value is not determined on the hope of someone re-signing. It’s either a trade and sign... or the equivalent of a rental

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
Can't blame Sens fans for wanting as much as possible, but the reality is that if EK is traded without an extension in place you're going to get dick for him imo. Especially if Ryan is part of the deal.

Unsigned EK + Ryan.. I mean I'm not sure what I'd be willing to give up for that. One year of EK where he's got his sights set on free agency and four more years of Ryan's contract?

Have a lottery protected first round pick and some mid level prospects.

I'll repost something I just wrote: "Man, this has to be the most common bit of misinformation bandied about when talking about Karlsson. The idea that he's somehow hellbent on getting to free-agency is totally made up and has no basis in fact. Please link me to the quote where Karlsson said anything about how his goal was to get to free-agency. I won't hold my breath. In fact, what he actually said was that he "is going to get paid what he's worth" in the context of someone asking him a ridiculous question about whether he'd take a "hometown discount." Saying you'll get paid what you're worth is not the same as saying you're going to free-agency no matter what."

Look, I don't disagree with what you said about attaching Ryan diminishing the return for Karlsson. But why are you spreading misinformation about how Karlsson has "his sights set on free agency." He's never been quoted as saying that. The hottest rumour about Karl is that he wants to go to Tampa and sign there longterm because they have a great chance of winning. Again, no mention of UFA. So please, where are you getting this from? It's made up.

Brownies

If he's traded, I expect anything from a bag of pucks to a really good package, like 2 first, a top prospect and a young puck moving D with #1 potential. There's no logic whatsoever in those kind of trade and how much another player returned in a similar situation is totally irrelevant.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
With Karlsson's injury history and reports of not being liked by his teammates, his return is not going to be very much.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Can I see a source on Dorion’s comments?

The reason I ask is that I would hope that Doug Wilson didn’t burn any bridges with Dorion for a potential Karlsson trade.

Question is asked around 8:10 about being instructed to not trade in division. Which was another rumour out there.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think Kyle Dubas just just pay whatever it takes to get Karlsson. Toronto won't need 1st round picks for next 3-4 years. They would be set instantly with Karlsson for years.

I would offer

2019 1st
2020 1st
2021 1st
Kapanen
Gardiner
Liljegren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad