Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If Hague's speed increase is true then I'd rather give up Brannstrom than him, even though he might be seen as an upgrade over offering Hague.

But yeah, even if the price was 1st, 2nd, Brannstrom, Theodore, Clarkson for EK, Ryan then Vegas should be all over that. Throw in Dansk and a 3rd if you want too, Vegas still does that so the ask might be more than that even with taking Ryan.
I've seen it for myself. Hague isn't a speedster by any means now but he no longer looks like he has bricks tied to his feet. He was always in good position when I saw him. He still has work to do before getting to the NHL but he made MASSIVE strides relative to last year.

Also I don't know how certain I am that Vegas necessarily does that. Remember there's no guarantee that EK will re-sign with us. That's a lot of future talent to throw away on a one year trial.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
We better get a filthy return, I want two young promising roster player and either two great prospects or high picks. If Ryan is included we’re screwed, we should be doing the opposite and acquiring clarkson, hossa contracts for picks/prospects. That costs money though and we don’t have that, it’s how you properly rebuild.

Worst case scenario I want a young top 4 RHD and two great prospects or high picks.. picks are dangerous though.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Blues loading up, Tampa signing mcdonagh, canes made their trades, all the teams that had young talent I was interested in have made their moves. Vegas is the only one left and we’re gonna package Ryan to devalue the trade, sucks to be a sens fan right now

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I still think SJ gets Karlsson. Their offense is already upgraded with Evander Kane, they acquire Karlsson & Bobby Ryan, then flip Ryan to Carolina by sending them something worth it & Carolina does need to stay at salary floor. They send players/prospects/picks to Ottawa for Karlsson which won't be as much cause they took Ryan contract as part of the trade.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Vegas isn’t only team that can take on Ryan along with Karlsson .
Devils could be a fit . Very unlikely as they don’t have the quality and number of bluechip prospects as Vegas but combination of Severson McCleod Quinville Zacha Bratt amd picks might be enough ?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Does Vegas have the cap space to take both Ryan and Karlsson after the moves they made getting Stastny, Holden and re-signing Reaves? Not to mention they have their own RFA’s to take care of.

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
Does Vegas have the cap space to take both Ryan and Karlsson after the moves they made getting Stastny, Holden and re-signing Reaves? Not to mention they have their own RFA’s to take care of.

VGK would still have a little over $4m remaining after bringing in Karlsson and Ryan. Of course that doesn’t include the salary that goes out, which could include one or two of the RFAs (Shea Theodore and Colin Miller). There’s also the chance that David Clarkson’s $5m+ could go to Ottawa since it’s insured and would help them reach the cap floor without paying full price. Realistically, VGK will have $8m-$12m remaining to sign William Karlsson and whichever RFA(s) is still around.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Wahlstrom Dobson Leddy 2nd for Karlsson/Anderson

Is this a joke? :help:

Leddy is on a sweetheart of a deal and we aren’t trading the two steals we got in the draft, especially for a guy who’s a UFA after next season.

I’d do 2019 1st (top 10 protected, becomes 2020 1st if pick is top 10), 2019 2nd, Ho-Sang, Nelson, Clutterbuck, and Mayfield for Karlsson, Ryan and Anderson.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So does Neal signing in CGY say anything about this situation? I figured if he signed in Vegas the Karlsson deal was dead but signing elsewhere could just mean he was tired of waiting.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Considering Dorion said no to Tallon's offer of only picks for Hoffman?

He doesn't care.

If you actually spent time reading you would know this.
No, Tallon stated that he never offered the picks package to OTT that he did to SJ, Dorion wanted roster players.

Tallon said no, and negotiated a better deal with SJ.

Then Dorion came out and said he is old school, and doesnt like to trade within the division. So he took a worse deal and saw the player come back to the division anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad