Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread III - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Except he's on winnipegs top pair now so that's not the case anymore. He logged big minutes for them the last 2 seasons and paired with Morrissey has become the teams best shutdown pairing.

Even if this wasn't an absolutely terrible trade for both sides... there's no way trouba resigns in ottawa long term

With the exception of power play time which is something he obviously craves and needs to pad his offensive statistics.

Not that I agree with the proposal.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I think the premise to trading Trouba is if we can't match his salary demand... Point is Karlsson will command more and taking Ryan will be a real pain in the ***.

From OTT's perspective, I doubt Trouba would stay there, but the value could be there.

Both team pass.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
To Winnipeg: Erik Karlsson
Bobby Ryan (50% retained)

To Ottawa: Jacob Trouba (somewhere between 5-6.25 M AAV)
Jack Roslovic
2019 1st Rd Pick
2020 3rd Rd Pick (becomes 2nd if Karlsson re-signs)

Nope, don’t even consider it as a Jets fan. OP states looks like Trouba signed at a low cap hit, Jets saddled with Ryan contract and EK comes to us unsigned? No chance.....Jets take all the negatives and risk. Easy pass

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If Ottawa had Trouba already agreeing to a long term deal at 6 per or something this is actually not bad

having 18mil tied up on RD isnt ideal but peg could so a gardiner for myers swap or something

Morrisey-Karlsson
Gards-Buff

thats scary if you think about how good their forward core is

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Why would the Jets pay significantly to add Karlsson when they already have Buff on the blueline. Makes no sense

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I wouldn’t call 29 aging, but I think it would be wiser to trade for a younger guy if you’re moving Nylander. You’d probably prefer a guy who is 26ish.

I would prefer a lot of people over PK. But I also have no interest in a Nylander for D swap. Even a 26 year old.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Most 3 way trade proposals on here are geared heavily toward the OPs team but this one isn’t bad. Good job OP.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
More than fair. I’d hang onto him myself. Maybe one of Brown, Kapanen, Hyman plus a first could land a good dman.

Unlikely. The market for D is insane. Only a few hockey execs have come around to the line of thinking I pioneered a couple years ago that D isn't that important to success. Once more execs realize my way is the way to go you will see the market of D collapse. But right now I see D like Nortel stock at its peak. Pople who invest will be shirtless in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad