Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread III - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree, but it's apparently just Yzerman crying because Dorion is such a shrewd negotiator and won't give us EK for free. Lol.

They can't wrap their heads around the idea that what the other team is (potentially) getting is not what they're giving up. They're not giving up 9 years of Erik Karlsson. They're giving up one year of a disgruntled Erik Karlsson, because that's what he is to Ottawa now. So all they're going to get is the best offer to come out of a bidding war. But once teams drop out, the offers get nothing but lower, and TB very well could drop out any time.

Reactions: amethyst

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
There's so many parallels between this and Kawhi Leonard!!! Dorion just needs to find his Masai Ujiri

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I don't hate Subban. at all. I was as flabbergasted as anyone that you guys got him for Weber.

but now, much like Weber before him, it's Subban who has become the overrated one on the preds blue line, thriving in a lesser role behind better players.

and just like with Weber, I think the preds would be genius to trade Subban at peak value now for a younger stud.

I just have no interest in the leafs being the Habs this time.
As predator fan and watching him every game you could see the decline in Weber. But watching pk you don't see that decline. You can even say that he is right in the middle of his prime years

Trendkill101

May 27, 2013
Wait so the Leafs give up Nylander,Carrick and their 1st and expect to get Subban.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.
Start with Marner if you expect to get one of the top 5 D-man in the league. Your offer might get you a good 2nd.

I was more shocked by the fact that we give up 4 of the 5 pieces Ottawa wants to get rid of Karlsson but we don't end up with him, Nashville does.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
There's so many parallels between this and Kawhi Leonard!!! Dorion just needs to find his Masai Ujiri
It's important to note that Demar DeRozan was promised he wouldn't be traded. And he was traded anyway.

And people wonder why players leave teams and don't show team loyalty. Why the hell should they when shit like this happens?

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Karlsson, Bobby Ryan to Anaheim
Fowler, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, Troy Terry to Ottawa
Corey Perry, + 1st rounder 2020 to Rangers

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It's important to note that Demar DeRozan was promised he wouldn't be traded. And he was traded anyway.

And people wonder why players leave teams and don't show team loyalty. Why the hell should they when **** like this happens?

In the NBA, looks like players are less loyal than the teams.

Reactions: Iceman and Pi

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

And people wonder why players leave teams and don't show team loyalty. Why the hell should they when **** like this happens?

You do realize that DeRozan would have been the first player to ask for a trade if the Raptors failed to sign Lowry right? There is no loyalty in sports. It's a business.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

It's bad if Ujiri lied to his face when he was in the process of negotiating with the Spurs. However, loyalty is irrelevant. It's a business and trades must be a part of it. Make the team better.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Karlsson, Bobby Ryan to Anaheim
Fowler, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, Troy Terry to Ottawa
Corey Perry, + 1st rounder 2020 to Rangers

Not really sure whose picks are going where there but that’s besides the point as Fowler is no longer tradable. As of July 1 his ridiculous 28 team NTC kicked in. Pre July 1 I would have loved a deal based around Fowler and Karlsson but it’s not possible anymore.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Not really sure whose picks are going where there but that’s besides the point as Fowler is no longer tradable. As of July 1 his ridiculous 28 team NTC kicked in. Pre July 1 I would have loved a deal based around Fowler and Karlsson but it’s not possible anymore.
Lol he has a 28 team NTC? That's awesome.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
trade is goiing to look like this

Ottawa Senators receive : Erik Karlsson
Erik Karlsson receives: Partial ownership
Sadly I think this deal violates the CBA. An ownership stake in the Senators qualifies as actual income at this point.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Is there any new developments in the Karlsson talks? or has it just gone completely quiet? All I see are Eklund rumours around here haha.

why does pierre want to trade for Gaborik.

I think he wants Tanner Glass..without him there is no deal.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Sadly I think this deal violates the CBA. An ownership stake in the Senators qualifies as actual income at this point.

Ownership in the Sens is the Bobby Ryan of real-world value. "Hey Erik, how do you feel about taking on some of our 235 million in debt and being legally obligated to spend time with Melnyk several times a quarter?"

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Is there any new developments in the Karlsson talks? or has it just gone completely quiet? All I see are Eklund rumours around here haha.

I think he wants Tanner Glass..without him there is no deal.

see that is how bad tanner glass is. here i could have referenced a joke using his name and appear witty. Instead i had to reference a nickname . Damn you tanner glass

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He will probably still go to Vegas even without Glass. But they will take Ryan and that is what will eventually close the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad