Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
So, according to Swedish media, Boucher said that Karlsson wanted to play the last regular season games to catch up to Burns, but finally had to give in and rest his injury. Yeah, he's pretty competitive :laugh:

I would have thought he would have been all about healing for the playoffs based on his interviews.

He always says he doesn't care about the Norris, but wouldn't mind taking a trip to Vegas.

I think his Swedish humour is probably fun to experience behind the scenes. Ray Ferraro and Jamie Mclennan were talking about how funny he can be during games when they are between the benches. (Overdrive, Toronto radio but a fine radio show)

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Asked to compare Karlsson to Ryan McDonagh, his own captain, Vigneault couldn’t make a false comparison.

“I love our captain, but theirs, he’s in a league of his own,†Vigneault said. “The plays he can make, the way he sees the ice, there’s no doubt we’re going to need a real special plan for him. His offensive skill set, there isn’t anyone in the league that has that.â€

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...gy-defense-ahead-of-playoff-series-1.13522244

EK is a target and the Rangers will be very physical. The whole team needs to up their physical game, maintaining Boucher system while ensuring that the Blueshirts know better than to target Karlsson.

thrillclinton

May 24, 2013
Toronto
So, according to Swedish media, Boucher said that Karlsson wanted to play the last regular season games to catch up to Burns, but finally had to give in and rest his injury. Yeah, he's pretty competitive :laugh:

Yeah, I don't get all this "he doesn't care about individual awards" talk. As insanely competitive as we know Karlsson to be, why do people think he wouldn't want to win another Norris (or two or three...)?

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Yeah, I don't get all this "he doesn't care about individual awards" talk. As insanely competitive as we know Karlsson to be, why do people think he wouldn't want to win another Norris (or two or three...)?

I personally still think he cares less about individual awards than winning. While if he could choose to win and get individual awards that would be his choice, but his focus is on being the best for his team.

He's such a phenomenal player to watch!

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Asked to compare Karlsson to Ryan McDonagh, his own captain, Vigneault couldn’t make a false comparison.

“I love our captain, but theirs, he’s in a league of his own,†Vigneault said. “The plays he can make, the way he sees the ice, there’s no doubt we’re going to need a real special plan for him. His offensive skill set, there isn’t anyone in the league that has that.â€

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...gy-defense-ahead-of-playoff-series-1.13522244

EK is a target and the Rangers will be very physical. The whole team needs to up their physical game, maintaining Boucher system while ensuring that the Blueshirts know better than to target Karlsson.

They will be physical if it works but if Ottawa ends up getting many 2-1 rushes out of it Ny will stop.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The Karlsson haters will try to do anything to discredit him. But all they end up doing is making themselves look like fools.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Boucher in a post-game interview about Karlsson ends it with he is a"skilled player that became a star that became a winner". After praising him and how he has done these things all year, etc.

UNCUT

Oct 26, 2009
How many highlight reel plays will we be able to compile into a video of EK's playoffs when it's all over? Damn. My guess it will be the longest highlight video of all players this year. What a player. GWG.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Erik has become so smart out there. Picking his spots brilliantly, playing great along the boards, using his stick to break up plays. He never seems rushed or panicked. That may have not been a "flashy" game for him but he was excellent once more. He's had many of these kind of games this season that go under-appreciated because he wasn't rushing up the ice, deking out defenders, and making incredible passes.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Erik has become so smart out there. Picking his spots brilliantly, playing great along the boards, using his stick to break up plays. He never seems rushed or panicked. That may have not been a "flashy" game for him but he was excellent once more. He's had many of these kind of games this season that go under-appreciated because he wasn't rushing up the ice, deking out defenders, and making incredible passes.

Lidstrom-like day-in and day-out, with an Orr-like facility with the puck when he has the chance to attack. To that, I would add he's sublimely cool under pressure, and moves the puck through checkers on the blue line, in his own end, everywhere.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
Grapes called him a rover on the coaches corner post game segment

I have never heard grapes compliment a swedish player ever

GOOD!

If they're not able to recognize Karlsson's brilliance--fine!

We love him. Can't wait to watch him dominate game 5 (if it comes to that)

GO SENS GO GO SENS GO
GO SENSE GO GO SENS GO
GO SENS GO GO SENS GO
GO SENS GO GO SENS GO

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
C-gv7f1XsAQ36Zm.jpg:large

Check out those kicks. What a baller.

Status
Not open for further replies.