Speculation: Erik Haula on the outs in CAR

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There's a Python skit in there somewhere.

I don't see Brodin going cheaply. He's playing the best he ever has. I don't see CAR spending what they would have to to get him.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Don’t know why they wouldn’t be interested in Dumba? He’s apparently available and is indeed a RD and still a quality d-man, though perhaps having an off season?

My guess is because Necas would be involved in a Dumba deal and Carolina doesn’t want to go there.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Don’t know why they wouldn’t be interested in Dumba? He’s apparently available and is indeed a RD and still a quality d-man, though perhaps having an off season?

They should be. And we've all heard 1000x by now that Dumba must return a top 6 C.
It just so happens that Haula is more than capable of being a top 6 C. So bing bang boom Haula agrees to an extension, Carolina packages him with ___ and ____ and maybe ____ for Dumba and everybody wins.

Almost everybody.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
They should be. And we've all heard 1000x by now that Dumba must return a top 6 C.
It just so happens that Haula is more than capable of being a top 6 C. So bing bang boom Haula agrees to an extension, Carolina packages him with ___ and ____ and maybe ____ for Dumba and everybody wins.

Almost everybody.
If they wanted Haula they'd just wait until July.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Weird seems like he has a pretty sick set up in Carolina. Should earn a pretty decent contract this offseason if he can stay healthy.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Weird seems like he has a pretty sick set up in Carolina. Should earn a pretty decent contract this offseason if he can stay healthy.
Guy is finally back after injuries and then gets healthy scratched in a contract year on a roster with guys like Brock McGinn, Jordan Martinook and 100 y old Justin Williams.

Guy is understandably mad.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigLetowski

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Guy is finally back after injuries and then gets healthy scratched in a career year on a roster with guys like Brock McGinn, Jordan Martinook and 100 y old Justin Williams.

Didn’t know he was healthy scratched though he was normally centring Dzingle and Necas. How many times has he been scratched?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Guy is finally back after injuries and then gets healthy scratched in a career year on a roster with guys like Brock McGinn, Jordan Martinook and 100 y old Justin Williams.

Williams scored twice in a 4-1 win while Haula was scratched so it's hard to justify hate for "100 y old Justin Williams".

If Haula wants a big UFA deal then he should put his head down and work hard. The Canes have absolutely no reason to gift him a better opportunity than he currently has. They will do what is best for the Hurricanes, not Haula.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
The return of J-Willy has created an abundance of forwards. My guess is that there will be a rotation of forwards as long as everyone is healthy. The guy most dinged up now seems to be Haula (and his knee).

To Haula - rest up dude. We’re going to need you down the stretch and into the playoffs. There’s a lot of money to be made there.

Reactions: LakeLivin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad