HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The Erik Gudbranson era is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This guy is probably the biggest knob I've ever watched in a Canucks uniform. Someone made the comment in a GDT about Gudbranson and I paraphrase

"Gudbranson does nothing when our star player takes a dirty hit. Then the next shift, takes a penalty 100 feet from the puck when he loses his temper and takes a stupid penalty after receiving a hit."

Just a dumb selfish pregnant moose knob. I can't think of a single player I ever disliked as a Canucks. I even love the pests like Cooke and Ruutu. But this guy is just a knob.
You like Sutter?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
This guy is probably the biggest knob I've ever watched in a Canucks uniform. Someone made the comment in a GDT about Gudbranson and I paraphrase

"Gudbranson does nothing when our star player takes a dirty hit. Then the next shift, takes a penalty 100 feet from the puck when he loses his temper and takes a stupid penalty after receiving a hit."

Just a dumb selfish pregnant moose knob. I can't think of a single player I ever disliked as a Canucks. I even love the pests like Cooke and Ruutu. But this guy is just a knob.
Says the WWF fan, what Gudbranson didn't drop an elbow form the top ropes for you enough?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
So you ask for the reasoning behind calling him a coward.
I give you my take and your response is "Im not gonna convince you"?

Also... what reputation does Gudbranso have at this point that he should worry about maintaining?

So by your logic no player should ever block a shot because they might get injured.

Its not about the "honor of the stars" its about being a close knit group that looks after each other. That is the culture that these supposed "culture carriers" we over pay should bring, right???

He is doing the bare minimum at this point. Someone could call it being a coward. I'd say he is just dellusional about what he brings to the table for the Canucks. Part of that is on the coaches for not benching him / sitting him in the press box when he is hemmed in his own end night after night throwing horrible passes that end up as icings.

I just wanted to play devil's advocate for your question.

I find him adorable in a obvious troll kind of way.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
'It's about about being a close-knit group and trashing Gudbranson on the internet dailey.'
Fixed it for you.
Could you imagine having team mates like these guys? They'd have there clip boards out every practise trying to make a report for the coach to get someone fired. Sting was right, this threads been a real eye opener. It would suck to be co-workers with these types.

Last edited:

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Says the WWF fan, what Gudbranson didn't drop an elbow form the top ropes for you enough?

Like Gudbranson would be skilled enough to land it.

IgnorantPastelKittiwake-size_restricted.gif

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
You like Sutter?

If he was around two million dollars, he'd be harmless. He's about the most north/south player I've ever seen. If EHM or EA NHL had righteous ratings, he'd have among the lowest creativity rating the in the league. But he's fine at what he does. Although Beagle does it better and Gaudette makes him a boat anchor.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Straight Old School stats incoming:

135 games 5 goals 14 assists Minus - 42

This is his Canuck career.

160 defensman have played 135 games in this time period, Gudbranson ranks 157th in points. Only defensman worse are as follows: Luke Schenn (AHL), McQuaid, and Borowiecki.

He ranks 152nd of 160 in plus/minus over that time, and the 8 guys behind him have played at least 50 more games and all of them at least double his point total.

People still talking about him like he's not absolutely horrible are not "old school", they're being intentionally obtuse.
Make that 136 games and minus 45.

Funny that people skipped this post to talk about posts they thought were bad....why not discuss this one? Not as fun I bet for guys who've hitched themselves to Guddy not being terrible.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
The guy fights like twice a year. His physical play has been hugely disappointing. He is quite honestly nothing more than a big handsome moving pylon.

Not interested in debating otherwise. It’s absurd.

How does disappointing physical play, 2 fights a year and sucking at defence make him a coward?

I’m not saying he’s a good player, I’m just saying he’s not a coward.

You disagreed that calling him a coward was a pathetic take.

Nothing you listed in your response although true about his poor play makes him a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad