Erik Condra's role

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Neil should only be played when we expect a physical game, or in the playoffs. His skating is not NHL level anymore.

nothing about him is NHL level anymore. except his `heart`.. or whatever. he should be played in rivalry games.. but not the average run of the mill game where we just need to go out there and play hockey.

BigBush*

A combination of two of Smith, Niel, or Greening cannot play on the same line. Also, Condra must play on the opposite wing of one of these players to help balance out the line from completely sucking

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Neil, Legwand, Phillips and Weircioch need to sit. These guys single handedly cause 8-10 turnovers and scoring opportunities per game.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Neil, Legwand, Phillips and Weircioch need to sit. These guys single handedly cause 8-10 turnovers and scoring opportunities per game.

Are you serious? Those 2 were far and away the best forwards against the Panthers... Among the few who looked like men and weren't pushed around. They also created the only 2 goals the Sens scored.

Phillips is on the 1st pairing when he should be on the 3rd (Methot is injured, so how is it Phillips fault?)

Wiercioch is a 7th at best right now, not sure what is going on with him this year. He looks half the player he looked before.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Condra must have taken all those healthy scratches super cereal. I've never seen him play so good.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Condra must have taken all those healthy scratches super cereal. I've never seen him play so good.

think i remember him looking this good when he played with turris for a while. he played with turris right?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

To be fair he always played really good and especially defensively. He's always been a good player but only problem is he can't finish.

I don't even know why he got scratched so many games because he was playing good every time he was inserted in the lineup.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
To be fair he always played really good and especially defensively. He's always been a good player but only problem is he can't finish.

I don't even know why he got scratched so many games because he was playing good every time he was inserted in the lineup.

Word. He was excellent in shortened season and he was clutch in his rookie year too.

Condra always been subtly good.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What the heck is up with this guy all of a sudden. He has more prime scoring chances than most players on the team, and he generally creates them all himself. He is excellent on the PK, and crazy tenacious when on the ice. He is rounding into a great 4th line winger/pk'er, maybe even a great shutdown winger who creates offence.

Now, if he could only score on all of the chances he generates... But still...

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
What the heck is up with this guy all of a sudden. He has more prime scoring chances than most players on the team, and he generally creates them all himself. He is excellent on the PK, and crazy tenacious when on the ice. He is rounding into a great 4th line winger/pk'er, maybe even a great shutdown winger who creates offence.

If Condra would score on 10% of his quality chances I'm pretty sure he would be a consistent 15 goal guy.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Is Condra as good as gone at the deadline? Could be a help for a team who needs a PKer and a 4th line winger who can forecheck and create offense.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

He's always had a high hockey IQ, and he's always putting himself in a position to score. Condra's slowly learning how to actually pot a few goals now. I'd keep him around IMO, his value on the market isn't worth acquiring compared to what he brings to our team.

There are many players I'd send packing before him.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Is Condra as good as gone at the deadline? Could be a help for a team who needs a PKer and a 4th line winger who can forecheck and create offense.

Hope not, call me crazy but i would certainly look at re-signing this guy...does so many little things that many on our team are unable/unwilling to do.

Can be said for quite a few players but imo he would probably be a superstar with more speed and touch around the net.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I wouldnt care if he were kept or traded. Does his job and we basically know what he is at this point in his career. We could probably find similar players in FA. If we could find a guy who fills his role and is a safe bet to put up 30-40 points i'd be very happy even if he costs 2 mil more then Condra.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i like him and wouldn't mind if he stayed. The only reason I might want to see him traded is because I also like Robinson and think he has bottom 6 RW potential as well.
Could be a downgrade overall, could be an upgrade. I'd probably do that though. Changes need to be made and Buddy is very fast and big and i like that.

I take Robinson and a 5th (condra return) over just condra.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad