Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The only reason not to keep him is due to contract crunch

The guy will most likely cost next to nothing and is always useful

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Is Condra as good as gone at the deadline? Could be a help for a team who needs a PKer and a 4th line winger who can forecheck and create offense.

Don't believe Condra is gone at the deadline, unless a team makes an offer that is way above Murray's expectation.

IMO the only guy that is likely to be moved is Wiercoich, but again the offer has to be reasonable, which may happen since several playoff teams are looking for D.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Condra is due for another raise and will probably get a 2-3 years deal IMO. So around 2.0 per for 3 years...

I think the Sens should trade him at the deadline and go with Pageau for the future. Erik Condra is a quality bottom-6 player and I like him but Pageau can do the same job as he is also very good defensively and on the PK, and can provide a bit of offense

The thing is that Pageau is from Gatineau and he is younger/cheaper and an even better skater. A huge crowd favorite.

We have to make difficult choices, and IMO it will be Pageau or Condra. Decision should be Pageau

I wouldnt care if he were kept or traded. Does his job and we basically know what he is at this point in his career. We could probably find similar players in FA. If we could find a guy who fills his role and is a safe bet to put up 30-40 points i'd be very happy even if he costs 2 mil more then Condra.

Milan Michalek?

He's always had a high hockey IQ, and he's always putting himself in a position to score. Condra's slowly learning how to actually pot a few goals now. I'd keep him around IMO, his value on the market isn't worth acquiring compared to what he brings to our team.

There are many players I'd send packing before him.

I'm curious to know which.

Greening is already gone and we're only talking about forwards... I'm guessing Neil and Smith? Who else? Michalek and Legwand? Chiasson?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad