Erik Condra's role

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario
On a team like Ottawa, they need their penalty killers. I believe one of Greening, Condra, or Neil have to go. I wish Greening was more of an enforcer so it could be Neil going. Four players, including Smith, is one too many for the fourth line. Neil might have to hold Kassian's spot from last year, the press box.

Why? There are going to be injuries.

Last season the Sens were flukey healthy. No way that happens again

Then one of them needs to be in the press box, and on standby in case of injury. If it's Condra, then they lose part of the PK for Neils penalties. If it's Greening, that's a pretty big salary for the press box. If it's Smith, then Greening has to center. Neil is the best choice for this scenario. Be this years version of Kassian. I believe there are a lot of Sens fans that would like to see Neil and Phillips as the healthy scratches.

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario
Greening is actually a decent fighter, I mean anyone with that much pure strength has gotta be able to throw a decent punch.

For some reason, even though I watched every game last year, I couldn't remember Greening getting into any fights. He was part of the line brawl in the previous playoffs. I went to hockeyfights.com and checked Greening's fight card.

'13-'14 3 fights, 1 win, 1 loss, 1 draw
'12-'13 1 fight, 1 draw
'11-'12 4 fights 2 draws, 2 losses

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Good news is PM acknowledged the minutes he gave Neil and Smith line last year was a mistake and he was trying to prove a point. Hopefully he doesn't give them top 6 minutes again this year.

The answer is to dress Neil for the games where you need him

Those aren't going to be plentiful

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I suspect Lazar will take Condra's spot and make him expendable this year.

I'm totally fine with Condra being the 13th forward IF 12 other guys legitimately beat him for a spot on the team.

That being said, I certainly don't want Condra to lose a spot on the team before he's outplayed for that spot.
Earn your place. Don't just have it given to you.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The answer is to dress Neil for the games where you need him

Those aren't going to be plentiful

I still see him with value as a fourth liner. Limiting his minutes will increase his effectiveness as an energy guy. He hits hard, isn't afraid to fight and his hands aren't bad considering the type of player he is. I don't think he's a press box guy, but should be no more than an 8 - 12 minute a night guy.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'm totally fine with Condra being the 13th forward IF 12 other guys legitimately beat him for a spot on the team.

That being said, I certainly don't want Condra to lose a spot on the team before he's outplayed for that spot.
Earn your place. Don't just have it given to you.

Sadly, Condra > Greening, Neil and those two can't lose their spots.

WhiteLight*

Condra is a beast. The truest of hockey players.

The guy was born to play hockey. Let him play

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He definitely played like he wants to stay in the line-up.

He's a coaches dream. He and Chris Kelly can write a book together entitled:

"How we made our coaches fall in love with us - again and again and again".

I'm sure we'll all go back to griping about him when he goes back to making sure that offensive chances end on his stick. ;)

Still, with a healthy roster, it's nice to have the luxury of being able to move guys in and out of the line-up if they're not pulling their weight.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Just needs to keep that net crash energy. Get pucks on net and go for rebounds. His defense is always solid. Much more useful than legwand for example.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Guy brought it big time last night, huge effort from Mr. Pesky! I certainly wouldn't just be giving this guy away that's for sure. I have felt him and Greening have played well, only guy concerning me these days is ol Neiler....boy has he slowed.

In some alternate world where Condra has more natural goal scoring ability and a touch more play making, the guy is a star....just does all the little things right all the time...outside of offense of course.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah no coincidence that our peskiest win comes on condra's game back. His energy influenced the rest of the bench no doubt.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
Yeah no coincidence that our peskiest win comes on condra's game back. His energy influenced the rest of the bench no doubt.

We could really use someone with his speed and contagious energy in the lineup right now. I'd like to see Condra play more games.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Condra earned more time last night. He was courageous all over the ice.

RW depth should be Ryan, Stone, Chiasson, Condra; and if we ever did the Methot/Zibanejad package for Eberle/Schultz, would become a strength again for this team. Eberle, Ryan (could swap to LW), Stone, Chiasson would be amazing. Condra as 13 then and Neil out.

Centre would be Turris, Pageau, Smith, Legwand for the balance of the year with Grant as callup, assuming Lazar plays for Canada and is then returned. We could live with that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad