Player Discussion Erik Brännström |5'10, 181lbs | Left Handed Defenceman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I don't think Brannstrom is doing bad and is solid but I worry his early inclusion to the line-up may effect his offense.

I think Belleville running the Pp and PK and first line pairing is going to do better for his development then current situation.

He is a lock for this team for a long time and will be top d-man for this team and honestly he probably could do it now but I think some more seasoning won't hurt.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don't think Brannstrom is doing bad and is solid but I worry his early inclusion to the line-up may effect his offense.

I think Belleville running the Pp and PK and first line pairing is going to do better for his development then current situation.

He is a lock for this team for a long time and will be top d-man for this team and honestly he probably could do it now but I think some more seasoning won't hurt.

I would argue his game has evolved more in the past 5 games in Ottawa than it did in Belleville last year. It would be nice if Ottawa would get a little more PP time.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I would argue his game has evolved more in the past 5 games in Ottawa than it did in Belleville last year. It would be nice if Ottawa would get a little more PP time.

Only 2 Dman used on the PP last game were Chabot and Brannstrom, and he got 1:40 of PP time.

Last game was about getting a W - development took a back seat vs Tampa to getting the coach and players their first win

edgeoftheearth

Aug 12, 2016
  • I like Brannstroms scar below his eye. Makes him look intimidating and older. Without it he looks like a pre-puberty teenage kid.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
  • I like Brannstroms scar below his eye. Makes him look intimidating and older. Without it he looks like a pre-puberty teenage kid.

He is looking older in this pic.

Joffrey_Baratheon-Jack_Gleeson.jpg

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Some growth hormone too. :)

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
I don't get the negatives vibes on him from some. Last game he was pretty solide defensively ( just this penalty that is meh).
Maybe he was a little jostled one shift and again he never gives up and don't do big mistake.

Shy offensively but he had less than 2mn on PP and he made a great pass that finish on the first goal (you can see on replay than after the goal Ryan knows than whithout this pass there is no goal).

I have a feeling than some sens fans are still angry for the loss of Stone and have no mercy or patience with a 20 years kid (too small for someone taste) who have played 6 games in the NHL. And maybe i'm foolish but i find his 6 games good, not great not bad, good.

Ok it's sad that Stone is left but Brannstrom i'm sure would had prefer to stay in Vegas too.

If you want a EK 2.0 that won't be the case this year and maybe never, it's not a disaster if in fine he is better on defense, you have Chabot for the O.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Only 2 Dman used on the PP last game were Chabot and Brannstrom, and he got 1:40 of PP time.

Last game was about getting a W - development took a back seat vs Tampa to getting the coach and players their first win

I was really just venting about the Sens lack of PP time in general.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm definitely seeing the Kimmo Timmonen comps now that he's here. I can understand the (mild) disapointment in him given what the team gave up for him, but he's been one of the only bright spots so far this season, imo. Given the (lack) of development with the forwards, at the NHL level anyways, it's nice to this guy come in and continually be better and better. Those expecting some EK redux are going to be disappointed, but this kid is still the real deal.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Amazing player. Gets better every game and you can see he benefits from harder competition. No AHL for him.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He was really good yesterday, seems like every game he is showing just a little more. Really good

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This is early days and regular season. So far, he is ok, not bad nor great. Obviously he needs time to adjust to the NHL level playing against bigger, stronger, faster, more highly skilled players. He is learning what he can and cannot do at this higher level of play. That is good for his development and not a bad thing given the state of this team. His learning and mistakes are not problems. Plus if he does have issues, they would contribute to the tank.

Reactions: Viletho

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm definitely seeing the Kimmo Timmonen comps now that he's here. I can understand the (mild) disapointment in him given what the team gave up for him, but he's been one of the only bright spots so far this season, imo. Given the (lack) of development with the forwards, at the NHL level anyways, it's nice to this guy come in and continually be better and better. Those expecting some EK redux are going to be disappointed, but this kid is still the real deal.
Good comparison,maybe also a cross between an Enstrom and a Stralman???

Reactions: JungleBeat

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
This is early days and regular season. So far, he is ok, not bad nor great. Obviously he needs time to adjust to the NHL level playing against bigger, stronger, faster, more highly skilled players. He is learning what he can and cannot do at this higher level of play. That is good for his development and not a bad thing given the state of this team. His learning and mistakes are not problems. Plus if he does have issues, they would contribute to the tank.

Brannstrom has surprise me with the way he defend. He doesn't shy from the physical play. When there is a player coming to the crease, He box them out quite well overall.

He can definitely play in the nhl right now. Maybe he would benefit from being the man in Belleville but he is progressing nicely from a game to game basis. That's important for a young man like him

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I think he has been really good for a 20 year old rookie D man on a horrible team. He has showed more poise and confidence with the puck every game, he was debatably the best player on the Sens against Minnesota. I have found it extremely encouraging.

Amazing player. Gets better every game and you can see he benefits from harder competition. No AHL for him.
100 percent agree.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

The team gave up a pending UFA that Mr. cheap sticks wasn’t going to pay, it’s was a hell of a good job by Dorion being able to pull that one off. He was bent over by EM and had to deal from a weak position.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Looks like he will settle in to a solid #3D role. Now we need another youngster to emerge for the second pairing to be complete.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Looks like he will settle in to a solid #3D role. Now we need another youngster to emerge for the second pairing to be complete.
Iam hoping for that hard shooting Finn,having a RHD with a bomb of a shot would be a great compliment to a stacked left side

Reactions: Yak

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wolanin can play right, looking forward to him getting healthy and adding another puck mover. The back end looks good lots if talent coming.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad