Erie Otters 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moroz

Aug 18, 2018
I agree with Ottersguy. Without question the team defense needs to improve but when on his game Murphy is solid. Problem with that is he is not always on his game and does lack some consistency. I have not seen Campbell play but from what I read would expect him to start about 25 games this season which puts Murphy at about 40 starts.

I think it would be useful to look at some of Murphy's stats for the 2018-19 season:

GAA: 3.71 (24th in the league for goalies playing 15 or more games)

Save Percentage: .880 (25th in the league for goalies playing 15 or more games)

Shots Faced per 60 minutes of play: 30.8

Shootout Wins: 5

Shootout Losses: 1

From this I think the following conclusions can reasonably be reached:

1. He did not face an inordinate amount of shots per game, on average. This does not take into account the quality of shots faced.

2. His GAA and Save Percentage is well below league average.

3. He excelled in the shoot out. This does not take into account the degree to which his teammates did or did not excel at scoring shoot out goals.

These stats are hardly complete, and I do not know if there are more refined stats available for Murphy. My overall evaluation, based on the above and my own admittedly subjective eye test, is that Murphy is a well below league average goaltender. Moreover, there is nothing in his career stats that would suggest that his performance in 2018-19 was an anomaly.

Goaltending was obviously a huge problem for the Otters last year, particularly in the back up department. With league average goaltending last year, I think they would have squeezed into the playoffs.

For 2019-20, I think they are running a significant risk if they go just with Murphy and a rookie with no OHL experience, however highly regarded that rookie may be. I was disappointed that the Otters did not address the goaltending situation in any meaningful way last year, and I am concerned that it may again prove to be an issue in 2019-20. We shall see.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I think it would be useful to look at some of Murphy's stats for the 2018-19 season:

GAA: 3.71 (24th in the league for goalies playing 15 or more games)

Save Percentage: .880 (25th in the league for goalies playing 15 or more games)

Shots Faced per 60 minutes of play: 30.8

Shootout Wins: 5

Shootout Losses: 1

From this I think the following conclusions can reasonably be reached:

1. He did not face an inordinate amount of shots per game, on average. This does not take into account the quality of shots faced.

2. His GAA and Save Percentage is well below league average.

3. He excelled in the shoot out. This does not take into account the degree to which his teammates did or did not excel at scoring shoot out goals.

These stats are hardly complete, and I do not know if there are more refined stats available for Murphy. My overall evaluation, based on the above and my own admittedly subjective eye test, is that Murphy is a well below league average goaltender. Moreover, there is nothing in his career stats that would suggest that his performance in 2018-19 was an anomaly.

Goaltending was obviously a huge problem for the Otters last year, particularly in the back up department. With league average goaltending last year, I think they would have squeezed into the playoffs.

For 2019-20, I think they are running a significant risk if they go just with Murphy and a rookie with no OHL experience, however highly regarded that rookie may be. I was disappointed that the Otters did not address the goaltending situation in any meaningful way last year, and I am concerned that it may again prove to be an issue in 2019-20. We shall see.

The team in front of Murphy was also an issue. The defensive play in particular. And a historically bad PK.
Don’t look at just the shots when they quality of shots faced were mostly higher end. So it’s hard to judge his stats. Are we also supposed to judge Drysdale on a poor +/-???

He needs to be better and more consistent, no doubt. But as of now I have no problem with Erie going with a Murphy/Campbell tandem. Campbell might be a rookie but has high praise/potential and is a 17 year old rookie. Murphy might be ready to take that next step and at the very least you give him that chance

It’s a waste to go trade for someone right now when we just don’t know how good the tandem can be

How is it a risk though to have a high potential rookie in Campbell and a veteran with still some room to grow and improve in Murphy. Imo our goalie situation could be good for now and the future if the guys play to their ability. And if not? I don’t think Brown will hesitate to trade for a veteran goalie and push Murphy out

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yeah I have no problem with the Murphy/Campbell tandem. Murphy has shown flashes of being a .900-ish goaltender which is really all you need in this league when you put together a high powered offense. Campbell could finally be the solution. I don't expect much this season, just a playoff berth and a competitive series. I think those two can deliver. Campbell will probably be the go-to guy in 20/21 with the backup spot an open competition.

Reactions: ottersguy

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Yeah I have no problem with the Murphy/Campbell tandem. Murphy has shown flashes of being a .900-ish goaltender which is really all you need in this league when you put together a high powered offense. Campbell could finally be the solution. I don't expect much this season, just a playoff berth and a competitive series. I think those two can deliver. Campbell will probably be the go-to guy in 20/21 with the backup spot an open competition.

Yes exactly my thoughts. Murphy just needs to be more consistent and Campbell needs to show the glimpses of potential that we all know he has. Then next year Campbell will hopefully be ready to be the guy

Reactions: EON

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yes exactly my thoughts. Murphy just needs to be more consistent and Campbell needs to show the glimpses of potential that we all know he has. Then next year Campbell will hopefully be ready to be the guy

If things go wrong with Campbell then this team needs to seriously evaluate how they both draft goaltenders (who they target, some of the signings they've missed) and how they develop them (what kind of coaching are they getting? is there something about the way this team's defense is structured that kills goalies?). Campbell is easily the best prospect they've brought in that I can remember really (not counting Euros). A 6'4" goalie (at age 16) who absolutely dominated Midget last season (21 GP 1.36 GAA 0.939 SV %, ableit on a very good team), doesn't get much more legit than that. Hopefully he gives Erie 25-30 games this season, gets drafted in 2020, then is their starter and a star in 20/21 and 21/22.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
If things go wrong with Campbell then this team needs to seriously evaluate how they both draft goaltenders (who they target, some of the signings they've missed) and how they develop them (what kind of coaching are they getting? is there something about the way this team's defense is structured that kills goalies?). Campbell is easily the best prospect they've brought in that I can remember really (not counting Euros). A 6'4" goalie (at age 16) who absolutely dominated Midget last season (21 GP 1.36 GAA 0.939 SV %, ableit on a very good team), doesn't get much more legit than that. Hopefully he gives Erie 25-30 games this season, gets drafted in 2020, then is their starter and a star in 20/21 and 21/22.

Couldn’t have said it better.

Actually Dave Brown referenced it in the press conference when signing him. He said that they understood how much they have lacked in that area and NEED to improve it. I would agree that Campbell, who had some USNDT looks, is the best goalie prospect we have had sign and come out of the OHL draft in maybe ever. So it’s critical that it works out. Given his size, if he has a respectable rookie season (about 24-26 games) and some good showings, then he should get nhl drafted.

Let me also add that Erie hasn’t spent the resources on getting that top goalie. Other than the import draft, they rarely take goalies before mid round picks. So maybe we simply aren’t going after the right guys or using valuable picks on them? That said, Campbell was a mid round pick but an American with high college interest that we worked hard to sign. Have to hope it works out..

I hope Erie eases him into it but as the year progresses, they give him some more tests, such as back-to-back games, road games vs top teams, etc. And if he shows he is worthy and ready for the competition then I can easily see him playing close to or about 30 games and splitting with Murphy. That’s what I hope for at least

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
With less than a month until the season, I figured fans could start making their goals and predictions for the team

Imo the goal should be to finish .500 or slightly better, and in the 7/8 seed range.

Considering how many picks/assets this team lost during their remarkable 4 year run, it’s okay that we are still near the bottom. But we also need to see progress this year. And in my mind, with no imports on the roster, if we managed to finish .500 of better than we did a GREAT job and things will be looking muchhh better starting in 2020-21 (with 40 win seasons looking good again)

Btw these are all the assets the team traded away from 2012-2017 in the midst of their run/after they drafted McDavid

Find me another franchise who traded this many assets away over a 4.5 year stretch. And if you do, find me their record the next 3-5 years. I think Erie is doing a great job of not completing tanking with 10-15 win seasons...

Draft picks lost: (2-6th round only)

2nd - 13 total
2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

3rd - 10 total
2015, 2015, 2015, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021 2022

4th - 2 total
2015, 2018

5th - 1 total

6th - 1 total
2015, 2015

Young talent traded away:

Luke Cairns (2 full seasons of)
Stephen Harper (2.5 seasons of)
Hayden Hodgson (3.5 seasons of)
Jesse Saban (3.5 seasons of)
Trent Fox (3.5 seasons of)
Brett Neumann (3.5 seasons of)
Allan McShane (3.5 seasons of)

Some players I didn’t include:
Cole Mayo
Travis Wood
Connor Crisp

(Note: Hayden Hodgson/Connor Crisp in particular were traded in deals that brought a few picks in for Erie. But with Hodgson in particular, I think it was about him getting more ice time due to Erie being stacked in 2013-14 at the forward group)

Reactions: EON

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
With less than a month until the season, I figured fans could start making their goals and predictions for the team

Imo the goal should be to finish .500 or slightly better, and in the 7/8 seed range.

Considering how many picks/assets this team lost during their remarkable 4 year run, it’s okay that we are still near the bottom. But we also need to see progress this year. And in my mind, with no imports on the roster, if we managed to finish .500 of better than we did a GREAT job and things will be looking muchhh better starting in 2020-21 (with 40 win seasons looking good again)

Btw these are all the assets the team traded away from 2012-2017 in the midst of their run/after they drafted McDavid

Find me another franchise who traded this many assets away over a 4.5 year stretch. And if you do, find me their record the next 3-5 years. I think Erie is doing a great job of not completing tanking with 10-15 win seasons...

Draft picks lost: (2-6th round only)

2nd - 13 total
2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

3rd - 10 total
2015, 2015, 2015, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021 2022

4th - 2 total
2015, 2018

5th - 1 total

6th - 1 total
2015, 2015

Young talent traded away:

Luke Cairns (2 full seasons of)
Stephen Harper (2.5 seasons of)
Hayden Hodgson (3.5 seasons of)
Jesse Saban (3.5 seasons of)
Trent Fox (3.5 seasons of)
Brett Neumann (3.5 seasons of)
Allan McShane (3.5 seasons of)

Some players I didn’t include:
Cole Mayo
Travis Wood
Connor Crisp

(Note: Hayden Hodgson/Connor Crisp in particular were traded in deals that brought a few picks in for Erie. But with Hodgson in particular, I think it was about him getting more ice time due to Erie being stacked in 2013-14 at the forward group)

The Greyhounds traded a similar amount in the same time period and their record has been pretty decent. That's not to take anything from Erie, both teams drafted very well.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
The Greyhounds traded a similar amount in the same time period and their record has been pretty decent. That's not to take anything from Erie, both teams drafted very well.

From 2013-2018 (same 4.5 year time frame)
(I simply looked at their roster and gathered what I could based on news articles)

Draft picks traded:

2nd - 12
2015, 2015, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2020, 2022, 2023

3rd - 4
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023

4th - 1

5th - 1

6th - 2
2018, 2020

Young talent that was traded:

Kevin Spinozzi (3.5 years of)
Kyle Jenkins (2.5 years of)
David Miller (2.5 years of*)
Anthony Salinitri (4.5 years of)
Hayden Fowler (3.5 years of)

*Miller was traded back to SSM but when initially traded, 2.5 years of his playing eligibility was traded

Note: I did not include the Liam Hawel/Noah Carroll trade because much like the Connor Crisp trade for Erie, SSM actually got assets in return and a player in return. Was much more of a sell off.

It’s really not that comparable imo...

So credit to SSM for not needing to make that many trades but that said they also have no title to show for it

Thanks for trying to share their awesome success and sustainability in the regular season but reality is that Erie traded away much more assets and ultimately have much more playoff success to show for it. They were thus depleted much more than SSM has been..

Reactions: aresknights

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
From 2013-2018 (same 4.5 year time frame)
(I simply looked at their roster and gathered what I could based on news articles)

Draft picks traded:

2nd - 12
2015, 2015, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2020, 2022, 2023

3rd - 4
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023

4th - 1

5th - 1

6th - 2
2018, 2020

Young talent that was traded:

Kevin Spinozzi (3.5 years of)
Kyle Jenkins (2.5 years of)
David Miller (2.5 years of*)
Anthony Salinitri (4.5 years of)
Hayden Fowler (3.5 years of)

*Miller was traded back to SSM but when initially traded, 2.5 years of his playing eligibility was traded

Note: I did not include the Liam Hawel/Noah Carroll trade because much like the Connor Crisp trade for Erie, SSM actually got assets in return and a player in return. Was much more of a sell off.

It’s really not that comparable imo...

So credit to SSM for not needing to make that many trades but that said they also have no title to show for it

Thanks for trying to share their awesome success and sustainability in the regular season but reality is that Erie traded away much more assets and ultimately have much more playoff success to show for it. They were thus depleted much more than SSM has been..

Thank you for putting the work into compiling those statistics.

Far from not being comparable, I'm surprised how equal the teams were in the amount of assets traded away. A single second round pick and a couple of thirds with similar roster players traded away is more similar than I expected.

The wins were also very similar with 234 for the Greyhounds and 227 for the Otters.

Both teams got there with drafting and it was great to see a change in an era where rich teams continue purchase wins with dishonest tactics and clandestine deals.

I hope the Otters can get back on their feet in the coming seasons and renew a great rivalry. The Greyhounds will be waiting in their usual spot near the top of the conference.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Thank you for putting the work into compiling those statistics.

Far from not being comparable, I'm surprised how equal the teams were in the amount of assets traded away. A single second round pick and a couple of thirds with similar roster players traded away is more similar than I expected.

The wins were also very similar with 234 for the Greyhounds and 227 for the Otters.

Both teams got there with drafting and it was great to see a change in an era where rich teams continue purchase wins with dishonest tactics and clandestine deals.

I hope the Otters can get back on their feet in the coming seasons and renew a great rivalry. The Greyhounds will be waiting in their usual spot near the top of the conference.

I don’t think it’s that comparable when you have 23 high end picks (2/3rd round) moved by Erie compared to 16 for SSM. Yes most of them are 3rd rounders but that’s 7 picks.. if we assume that Erie hit on just 3 of those 7 picks and got solid/good OHL players, then that’s a significant thing

I would say that Jenkins, Spinozzi, Salintri were B- to B+ graded players in the OHL. Miller more of a C grade. Jury still out on Fowler but has the chance to be an A grade

I think that McShane is an A player, Neumann a B+ grade, and Hodgson, Harper, Fox can probably be considered B- players. Cairns and Saban were C players.

So add to it that I think Erie traded away a few more players too with a bit more overall value (16.5 seasons for SSM players traded vs 22.0 for Erie)

SSM has had more sustainability in regular season but Erie also has 11 playoff series wins in that 5 year window vs 7 for SSM. And the facts are there that Erie traded away more than SSM. A significant amount more? No. But a good amount more. I would imagine they are the closest comparison to Erie when looking at depletion of assets during a multiple year run.. and that said they really aren’t that comparable. 5.5 extra seasons of players, and 7 extra high end picks that Erie gave up over just a 5 year window..

Last edited:
Reactions: aresknights

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I will also add to my above post that the reason those draft picks and those seasons of traded players is a big difference is because of something like the following scenario:

Let’s assume Erie had those additional 7 picks that SSM had and then they “hit” on 2 of these 7.. one of their 3rd round picks back in 2016 and one in 2017

Hypothetically let’s say they draft Curtis Douglas in the 3rd round in 2016 and Mark Woolley in the 3rd round 2017. Let me also say that they retained Brett Neumann in 2016-17 because they had more of those picks/young players to work with and never needed to trade him

I would imagine that Erie would have been more of a 6/7 seed team last year with the chance to be more like a 5/6 seed team this year. Who knows maybe more than that..

Point is, they lost a ton of value through all the trades they made. 7 high end picks is a lot. You can throw darts and at least hit on 2 of those picks. But those lack of picks also cost them a great 5 year player in Neumann. Thus, those additional assets that SSM had/have are extremely valued and important

Don’t get me wrong, they deserve a ton of credit for drafting good and hitting on some FAs. But they also didn’t buy/go for it as much as Erie did in their respective 5 year windows

As an Erie fan I have no regrets. They did what they had to do. In hindsight I wish we would have been more aggressive in 2015. We had the assets to add more and win a Mem Cup with McDavid. Then would have allowed us to sell off more valuable pieces like Debrincat/Strome, etc. with the title already In house. But nevertheless, it was worth the ride. I’m just saying that getting to .500 this year would be a great accomplishment all things considered ..

Last edited:

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
Both teams are very comparable and I think SSM does an exceptional job at recruiting / drafting and developing talent ..

The main difference being the ability to win playoff rounds in those years and a championship (1 W -1 L for Erie but 2 cup chances ) with those stacked teams as opposed to winning regular season games ..

Annnnnd let’s not forget the first class flights for SSM vs’s ERIE using broken down Greyhound buses that are pouring blue smoke out the tailpipe all the way to SSM.. we ‘ll take Erie for the win pouring blue smoke out the tailpipe ...

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Both teams are very comparable and I think SSM does an exceptional job at recruiting / drafting and developing talent ..

The main difference being the ability to win playoff rounds in those years and a championship (1 W -1 L for Erie but 2 cup chances ) with those stacked teams as opposed to winning regular season games ..

Annnnnd let’s not forget the first class flights for SSM vs’s ERIE using broken down Greyhound buses that are pouring blue smoke out the tailpipe all the way to SSM.. we ‘ll take Erie for the win pouring blue smoke out the tailpipe ...

All I was looking at was the amount of assets traded away over a 4.5 year window by Erie. I wasn’t comparing regular season wins, drafting, developing, or playoff success. When looking at the assets traded over 4.5 years, Erie traded away MUCH more value. Again, an additional 7 high end picks and a total of 5.5 seasons more of a quality players.

If this was over a 7/8 year window I would argue it is pretty comparable but how is it comparable when Erie essentially averaged per year 2 extra high end picks and 1.2 seasons of a quality young player that they traded away?

Erie lost 24.4% more playing time from their players that they traded away. They also lost 30.4% more draft picks. That’s a significant difference of lost value over just a few years

Erie traded away more assets which was my focus. To recognize how much they lost and why their rebuild so far has been solid because they haven’t been 2011-12 embarrassing or 2015-16 Guelph embarrassing or 2018-19 Flint embarrassing.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Drysdale named captain of Team Canada U18 team at Hlinka Tournament.

How long until he’s the official captain in Erie?

Puckit97

Apr 8, 2017
Drysdale named captain of Team Canada U18 team at Hlinka Tournament.

How long until he’s the official captain in Erie?

Not much longer. If I had to guess shortly after the pre season starts.

I would also guess Yetman and Martin get the A’s.

Reactions: LDN

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
or 2018-19 Flint embarrassing.

Odd choice considering they finished with 8pts more than Kingston who had 30. The only sub-30 point teams over the last 15 years are the 14-15 Sudbury Wolves and the 11-12 Otters. 15 teams over the last 15 years have finished with 40 or less. So it's not really much of an outlier. Sudbury and Erie combine for 6 of those 15 with 3 each.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Odd choice considering they finished with 8pts more than Kingston who had 30. The only sub-30 point teams over the last 15 years are the 14-15 Sudbury Wolves and the 11-12 Otters. 15 teams over the last 15 years have finished with 40 or less. So it's not really much of an outlier. Sudbury and Erie combine for 6 of those 15 with 3 each.

They literally started the year with like 3 wins in their first 30 games. Or something along those lines. That was my point. Don’t take offense to it... geez
Obviously there are plenty of other examples but I wasn’t going to list 10 more. Also I was going off recent memory. People should get the point.. I was pointing out that Erie did not have that type of stretch or season in the 2 years following their 4 year run of 50+ win seasons.

Imo it would have been reasonable to have had a 10-19 win season. Considering all the lost assets and lack of high end draft picks over the last 4-5 years. And considering late first round picks from 2014-2017. But they managed to ride it out pretty good. 26 wins each year. Nothing special but not horrible for young teams with a good amount of injuries and bad goalie play. This season though will be the real test of the rebuild.. making the playoffs and finishing .500 is the goal

Nothing Else Maattas

Oct 25, 2012
Erie, PA
After missing most of the 2017-2018 season because I had a serious medical problem.
2018-2019 was extremely busy.
I am ready for this year's team to finish in at least 8th place in the west.
Also I loved the 2011-2012 Otters because I got to sit at center ice with like 9 other fans in the arena watching an absolute disaster on the ice. Good times

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Cajka is officially gone, transferred to Geneve-Servette U20. Disappointing to say the least: U20 Elite | Genève Futur Hockey

Drysdale should definitely be given the C this season. I agree, Yetman and Martin with A's, possibly Duff as well.
He is one of my favourite players in the league to watch right now. He is just fantastic. He is already a leader also. He is a tremendous skater. Gonna make it exciting to watch you guys for the next couple seasons.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hamilton just got a 2nd and a 4th round pick for LD DJ King (2000 born) to Saginaw. Duff and Henry are both easily better than him, I think Erie should look to trade one of those two if it would land them even a 2nd + 3rd. It would replenish the draft picks even further and ease the logjam of 2000 born players for next season: right now they have Murphy, Duff, Henry, Beamish, Golod, Gritz, Mack, MacDougall, and Yetman. One of Mack/Gritz should go, Murphy likely won't be here as an OA. Moving one of Duff/Henry frees up space for the blue line this season (to go along with trading/releasing Golden) and eases the OA logjam next season, they would be down to: Duff/Henry, Beamish, Gritz/Mack, Golod, MacDougall, and Yetman. That's a little more manageable.

Defense this season:

Martin (OA) - Drysdale
Duff/Henry - Beamish
Gillard-Kischnick
Olson/Morton/Maunder-Sanderson/Ritchie/Richer

Defense next season:

Duff/Henry (OA) - Drysdale
Gillard-Kischnick
Whoever isn't traded between Duff/Henry plays top pair next to Drysdale and gets the last OA spot (along with Golod & Yetman imo, barring any surprises). Beamish is dealt. Any 2019 pick or 2020 U18 pick could compete for depth spots. I could also see them targeting an impact import dman to bolster the 2nd pair.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Hamilton just got a 2nd and a 4th round pick for LD DJ King (2000 born) to Saginaw. Duff and Henry are both easily better than him, I think Erie should look to trade one of those two if it would land them even a 2nd + 3rd. It would replenish the draft picks even further and ease the logjam of 2000 born players for next season: right now they have Murphy, Duff, Henry, Beamish, Golod, Gritz, Mack, MacDougall, and Yetman. One of Mack/Gritz should go, Murphy likely won't be here as an OA. Moving one of Duff/Henry frees up space for the blue line this season (to go along with trading/releasing Golden) and eases the OA logjam next season, they would be down to: Duff/Henry, Beamish, Gritz/Mack, Golod, MacDougall, and Yetman. That's a little more manageable.

Defense this season:

Martin (OA) - Drysdale
Duff/Henry - Beamish
Gillard-Kischnick

Defense next season:

Duff/Henry (OA) - Drysdale
Gillard-Kischnick
Whoever isn't traded between Duff/Henry plays top pair next to Drysdale and gets the last OA spot (along with Golod & Yetman imo, barring any surprises). Beamish is dealt. Any 2019 pick or 2020 U18 pick could compete for depth spots. I could also see them targeting an impact import dman to bolster the 2nd pair.

Couldn’t agree more. They should be looking to move somebody before the start of the season.

Their 2000 group might seem large now but Gritz/Mack are not OA candidates as of now. Murphy is probably not here either, assuming Campbell can show signs of his high potential. That leaves MacDougall/Golod/Yetman and Duff/Henry/Beamish. MacDougall/Beamish will have to show this year that they are OA candidates for Erie to keep them.

But yes it would be smart to try to move a 2000 and get some decent value back. Even a 3rd and a 4th would be a solid get

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Inspired by the SSM guys, I'm going to start a prospects post here, if I miss anything, let me know and I'll add it. I'm only going to include players that have been on the team full-time at some point (ex: Emmett Sproule/Jamie Drysdale won't be on this list).

2017 U18 Priority Selection ('00s)
RW Matthew Giannini
LW Anthony Carraretto
G William Anderson
LW Jayden Vaughan
LC Evan Miller

2017 OHL Priority Selections ('01s)
LW Joshua Shimizu
LW Kyle Schroeder
G Thomas Loudfoot
LD Connor Dobson
LD Mark Cooper
LC Curtis Trolley
RW Michael Miele

2018 OHL U18 Priority Selection ('01s)
RW Darius Vitug
LW Reid Russett (acquired in a trade with Windsor)

2018 OHL Priority Selection ('02s)
LC Ryan Alexander
LC Frankie Carogioiello
LD Ethan Ritchie
LC Daniel Baldassarra
LD Logan Maunder-Sanderson
RC Elias Cohen (signed)
LD Cameron Morton
LW Noah Sedore (signed)
RD John Richer
RD Bryan Huggins
G Aidan Campbell (signed)
RW Aidan Flynn
LC Justin Mauro

2019 OHL U18 Priority Selection ('02s)
LD Connor Olson
G Bryce Walcarius
LC Zachary Power

2019 OHL Priority Selection ('03s)
RC Connor Lockhart (signed)
RW Colby Saganiuk
LC Brett Bressette
RD Christian Kyrou
LD Wil Murphy
LW Benjamin White
G Forbes Anderson
RD Thomas Lonsdale
LC Vincent Scalise
G Ben West
RD Owain Johnston
F Cole Melady
RW Ryan Forberg
LD Ethan Schoonderbeek
RW Frankie Tafalski
D Joshua Reilly

2019 CHL Import Draft
LC Marat Khusnutdinov ('02)

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
As an Erie fan I have no regrets. They did what they had to do. In hindsight I wish we would have been more aggressive in 2015

Agreed OG, IMO Erie wasted some of those incredible 50 win teams by not “going all in”. The OHL Championship / Memorial Cup Team was when most of the cupboards were emptied. Management finally seemed to wake up? As well IMO Erie seems to not place enough importance on the Goaltending position? Even with 50 win teams mediocre goaltenders cost you at times in the playoffs?

Drysdale is and will be a HUGE Star in the OHL. Name him Captain now and build around him. Talent like his at such a young age on the backend is rare! He is so much fun to watch ....... I’m sure in London we could find a Draft Pick or two if you want to restock the cupboards and send him back home across the border!!! :laugh: Good Luck I think Erie may surprise a few folks this season but as noted next year and the following are probably your years.

Reactions: 7D442
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad