At least Swankler can fight...omg...

Then does the classic Kish after the fight lol

Reactions: 7D442

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
At least Swankler can fight...omg...

Then does the classic Kish after the fight lol
Problem is the timing of it..

They just made it a 5-4 game and have all the momentum.. so let’s instigate a fight and give the opposing team a PP with 7 mins left

This entire team, from the coaches to the management to the players.. just don’t get it..

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Hartsburg on Thursday:
“We are getting healthy”
“Starting to find consistency”
“Points are critical right now”

Subsequently the team goes 0-3 on the weekend

Hartsburg is a virus and needs to go

Reactions: OttersFan

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
This team is really good at losing games they should win.

If Hartsburg is the coach next season I'm out.
I would hope the entire fan base would quit on them too. This now is 27/35 losses that are 1 or 2 goal games. Unbelievable

Reactions: Mata

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I debated about going tonight but glad I chose not to. We’ll be there tomorrow for the 0-3 weekend loss.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Here it is...for Erie fans to see...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200229-220236_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200229-220236_Twitter.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 7

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Here it is...for Erie fans to see...
Speaking to the entire season, but seriously is blaming everyone other than the staff?

I wasn’t at the game tonight so those logistics I can’t really comment on, but we played the worst team in the league and had 8 PP opportunities and only scored on 1? Can anyone comment on how the PP teams did? Or were they just flat?

Just looking at the stats at the end of the game, but 40 shots and they still couldn’t find the back of the net? 1/3 of NB’s went in lol

Again, that’s just purely on stats from after the game, but that’s what other fans from teams across the league see. It’s honestly embarrassing to see those numbers.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
The funny thing is the fans aren’t booing the players.. they are booing the coach
Let me also add that Erie the last 2 years

23 wins
26 wins

Assuming they get shredded today, they will have 8 games left and only 24 wins on the year. At best they get to about 28 wins. How’s that for yearly improvement!!

At this pace Erie will be a 40 win team again by 2024-2025! So there is hope on this nice 8 year rebuild plan

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Yikes half way point of the game NB had 10 shots and 5 goals...... not thinking that’s a result of the fans booing? If getting pissed off at the fans isn’t the last nail in this guys coffin not sure he will ever be replaced?

I was one who certainly didn’t see Erie battling for 8th spot at the start of the season. I would say Good Luck today but it would be disingenuous against the KNIGHTS. Good Luck next game how does that sound?

Reactions: Mata and NOA

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Anyone else feel that if this exact game and situation was played out on the road that there is a 99% chance Hartsburg would have blamed the players?

Reality is you decide to pull Campbell after 5 goals on 10 shots... Terrible coaching. I would have pulled him after the 3rd goal early in the 2nd. Then the team goes 1/8 on the PP, with Brendan Sellan being a featured player. If the boys really played that good Hartsburg, then why the need to bench a typical PP guy and give Sellan a chance?

Just very typical of him to find a scapegoat and also a bit late of him to start defending his players. All the sudden he’s trying to be a players coach? Come onnnn. He has been hating on the players and their effort/performance for 3 years.

I get it though. Hartsburg is frustrated because he knows he will be jobless by summer. So naturally, he yells at the fans to let off steam. Most fans were excited to have him as the new coach a few years back but it hasn’t worked. Move on, Chris. It’s over.

Reactions: Mata

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I get it though. Hartsburg is frustrated because he knows he will be jobless by summer. So naturally, he yells at the fans to let off steam. Most fans were excited to have him as the new coach a few years back but it hasn’t worked. Move on, Chris. It’s over.

A lot like a CEO attacking his customer base? Surely this has to confirm the blatantly obvious? Gotta go after the last game of the season.

Reactions: NOA

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Anyone else feel that if this exact game and situation was played out on the road that there is a 99% chance Hartsburg would have blamed the players?

Reality is you decide to pull Campbell after 5 goals on 10 shots... Terrible coaching. I would have pulled him after the 3rd goal early in the 2nd. Then the team goes 1/8 on the PP, with Brendan Sellan being a featured player. If the boys really played that good Hartsburg, then why the need to bench a typical PP guy and give Sellan a chance?

Just very typical of him to find a scapegoat and also a bit late of him to start defending his players. All the sudden he’s trying to be a players coach? Come onnnn. He has been hating on the players and their effort/performance for 3 years.

So, I get it...we were at the game of course lol...

The TEAM did come out pretty flat (lack of energy and some bad luck with hitting posts) and Campbell did have a really bad game, the defense was playing equally as bad. I think 3 goals were rebound goals. That is a combo of bad goalie play AND bad marking on defense which is ALLOWED to happen now and then. The point being it shouldn't happen this consistently and certainly not against the worst team in the league.

At some point Hartsburg has to admit things from his level just aren't working how he envisioned it. To go after the fans, who continue to support the kids, should be a nail in the coffin, ageeed.

He is a good guy, I want him to succeed, I just don't see it happening here and I believe at this point it is time to move on from an achievement standpoint.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Just spitballing while the countdown to today's game happens and burning off frustration.

Does anyone think that maybe there is a huge disconnect between Brown and Hartsburg in that Brown just hasn't been able to bring in the players to suite the coaching style of Hartsburg?

Erie seems to have an abundance of smaller players with a larger guy and an offensive minded defensive player on the ice at all times. It has been tough to decipher what kind of play Hartsburg wants, outside of kids giving 110% all the time (The Hoff, Sellan, D'Amato line).

He rode Golod, Yeti, Fowler early, but then completely changed gears, albeit some adjustment to injury.

I just can't, for the life of me figure out what the ideal "Hartsburg Team" would even look like 3 years in.

Roughly52

Mar 1, 2020
What's the O/U for how many goals Connor McMicheal is going to score on us today? But, on a more serious note I dont see hartsburg being gone till the end of the season now, especially after last night's disaster. So let's brace ourselves for the last 11, maybe 14 games if we get the 8 seed and get swept by London

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
McMichael will score atleast 2 goals tonight with an assist. Jk

but in all seriousness, the kid is fun to watch on the ice. I’m no London fan, but talent is talent.

after the loss yesterday, my bet is we shouldn’t play Sweet Caroline as much fun as it is.

So much for taking 2/3 games this weekend.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
McMichael will score atleast 2 goals tonight with an assist. Jk

but in all seriousness, the kid is fun to watch on the ice. I’m no London fan, but talent is talent.

after the loss yesterday, my bet is we shouldn’t play Sweet Caroline as much fun as it is.

So much for taking 2/3 games this weekend.

I agree watching the likes of Byfield, Perfetti, etc is just as fun as watching our team.

Last edited:

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
People pay good money to watch the game they can boo has long has they do not get to offensive

I didn't hear any negative comments but they could have been drowned out by the boos; just heard that there were a couple sections where a couple people were out of line.

Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad