Proposal: Eric Comrie for a 4th round pick

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Comrie is never going to ride above a #3 string goalie with the Jets organization. I figure it may be better to trade him at 22, when other clubs may view him as an up and coming 2nd string backup.

Comrie has never proven that he belongs in the NHL and is about average for an AHL goalie. Better to unload him now than to wait until he is 25, and is exiled to Europe with no interest from other clubs.

Reactions: GNP

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I think Steve Mason gets much undeserved flank from Jets fans. Sure he started the season on a bad note, but since mid October, he has played well. Hutchinson was lighting up the AHL, and has played well for a backup goalie.

Comrie, on the other hand, was playing second string for the Moose, and has been average in the AHL. In fact, during his three professional seasons, he has not really improved that much. The Moose were a more talented club this year, if you want to argue that his AHL stats have slightly improved. However, he has fumbled the ball at the NHL level. I hope Mason gets healthy soon.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Comrie has been terrible in nearly all of his NHL appearances, AND he has been getting outplayed by Hutch in the AHL, BUT I don't think it's time to give up on him, ESPECIALLY not for a 4th round pick

Reactions: GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Needs another couple years in the A. That's ok. Jets can wait.
No they can't. Hutch gone mason gone. You pay someone else to take Comries spot as backup goalie may as well move on. If this is a freak season like helly's last season ride it out.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
1 bad game means we should ship Comrie off for nothing? We could potentially trade him (although I'd be against that right now) but it's not worth giving up for only a 4th.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Comrie is never going to ride above a #3 string goalie with the Jets organization. I figure it may be better to trade him at 22, when other clubs may view him as an up and coming 2nd string backup.

Comrie has never proven that he belongs in the NHL and is about average for an AHL goalie. Better to unload him now than to wait until he is 25, and is exiled to Europe with no interest from other clubs.

Wouldn't judge anything by that gong show in Chicago. I thought only 2 of those goals could be blamed on Comrie. The Jets were really seriously bad in front of him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Comrie has been terrible in nearly all of his NHL appearances, AND he has been getting outplayed by Hutch in the AHL, BUT I don't think it's time to give up on him, ESPECIALLY not for a 4th round pick

Yup. Nearly all of his 4 NHL appearances. Good grief!

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No they can't. Hutch gone mason gone. You pay someone else to take Comries spot as backup goalie may as well move on. If this is a freak season like helly's last season ride it out.

They can easily sign some journeyman to replace those guys though, and we have Mason next year anyway.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

This sums it up very well.

No reason to trade him for a 4th round pick what so ever. For a 1st round pick or early 2nd round pick? Go for it.

For late 2nd, 3rd or 4th? Why to bother?

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011
He's 22 and goalies tend to take longer to develop. I'm not sure what exactly he's going to turn into but a 4th round pick is not a good return at all.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
People need to relax.
Did Comrie play bad?
Yes but he's still learning and the only why to get better is by playing in the big league. That goal scored from behind the net reminded me of Helly last year ... not mentally sharp. There is a reason why he's the 4th goalie on the depth chart until he gets more experience you don't know what you have?
With Chevy's track record of drafting players ... why are people getting all worked up over a bad performance.
Should the Jets trade or cut all the players that had a bad game tonight?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad