Proposal: Eric Comrie for a 4th round pick

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
They score 2 goals. They never started to build anything last night. They were **** from start to finish
They didn't because Comrie didn't allow it.

They were total shit too, I'm not letting them off the hook, but we've seen the Jets play poorly before and still win because Helly gave the offense a chance to cash in on a couple of chances.

When you see your goalie let in the kinds of goals Comrie was, and you're already pretty much playing for nothing, you aren't going to put your body on the line to come back.

Reactions: GNP

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
They didn't because Comrie didn't allow it.

They were total **** too, I'm not letting them off the hook, but we've seen the Jets play poorly before and still win because Helly gave the offense a chance to cash in on a couple of chances.

When you see your goalie let in the kinds of goals Comrie was, and you're already pretty much playing for nothing, you aren't going to put your body on the line to come back.

That’s a horrible attitude to take and I hope no one on our team actually has a shitty attitude like that.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
It's not worth trading Comrie for a 4th or 5th pick.
He has another year before requiring waivers, Let's see what he has.

Also, hopefully Berdin signs and plays AHL next year, I believe he will quickly move ahead of Comrie.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Guess we should of traded Helly last year for a fith then.... :sarcasm:

Trade Comrie... :laugh:

Please... :thumbd:

There is a MASSIVE difference between Connor Hellebuyck's play last year and the play of Eric Comrie. Connor Hellebuyck had proven to be a #1 goaltender in the AHL before being promoted. He was the best goaltender for the team last year and it forced the hand of Cheveldayoff to sign Steve Mason. Trading him made no sense and now he is an NHL All-Star. Eric Comrie maybe continue to develop and I would be so happy if he replaces Steve Mason in 2019-20 but so far he has only had 1 good start in the NHL and 3 poor starts. If Comrie was playing like Hutchinson in the AHL I would have a different opinion.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Goalies are VooDoo...

Until Chevy does something we have who we have and we support them that way...

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I think Steve Mason gets much undeserved flank from Jets fans. Sure he started the season on a bad note, but since mid October, he has played well. Hutchinson was lighting up the AHL, and has played well for a backup goalie.

Comrie, on the other hand, was playing second string for the Moose, and has been average in the AHL. In fact, during his three professional seasons, he has not really improved that much. The Moose were a more talented club this year, if you want to argue that his AHL stats have slightly improved. However, he has fumbled the ball at the NHL level. I hope Mason gets healthy soon.

Yes, all goalies come up and are lights out... He's second string to a goalie that has been amazing this year.
[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
That’s a horrible attitude to take and I hope no one on our team actually has a ****ty attitude like that.

I don't think it's shitty, I think it reflects the reality of how people think. One bad goal, sure they shrug it off. But that many? It has to affect even the most seasoned pro, never mind a young team. I don't expect them to be like some soccer players, who seem to have no compunction about screaming at their teammates on the field when a perceived f*** up occurs. But inside, you have to think that a lot of the desire to compete has been taken away.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Would like the Jets to either draft or sign Veini Vehvailainen. Put up very good numbers and seems like he has potential to be an NHL starter one day.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Cloutier was never a good goalie to begin with, and never really recovered from that Centre Ice goal in the 2002 playoffs. However, judging a goalie's career over one bad goal is silly. I recall that many Jets fans wanted to crucify Pavelec, after the game against the St.Louis Blues, where he allowed a centre ice goal. Within a month, Pavelec went on a tear, and played his best hockey of his career, and became one of the integral reasons that the Jets made the playoffs in 2014-15.

If you want to judge Steve Mason's career by a Centre Ice goal, be my guest. However, I still think he has played well for the Jets if you discount his first three games in October. Mason has just been incredibly unlucky with injuries.

And I would argue that Mason has never really been that great a goalie. Raycroft won a Calder as well by the way. And Pogge shined at the World Juniors once in front of a stellar defence. And I'm not judging him on a centre ice goal. I'm judging him on being a vastly overpaid backup on what the Jets get back from him. His numbers other than one season with Philly (14-15) leave a lot to be desired. I think Bernier would have been a better option....But yeah you're right. Great signing. Great season. Jets should thank their lucky stars they got him and his inflated 3.24 GAA and sparkling .906 SP. in his 13 games played. Exactly what the jets were looking for...

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Odd topic, but what happens with Steve Mason next year? Keep him as the back-up or do we promote Comrie? We might have to trade Comrie considering he's a RFA and might not want to sign with the Jets.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Odd topic, but what happens with Steve Mason next year? Keep him as the back-up or do we promote Comrie? We might have to trade Comrie considering he's a RFA and might not want to sign with the Jets.

Comrie will 100% re-sign with the Jets if offered a QO, How would he not? No other team would sign a goalie with ~5 very mediocre NHL games to an offersheet. He is not heading overseas. He has another year of waiver exemption. He will be back with the Moose next year no matter what. His decision won't come until the the year after.

As for Mason, that's a coin toss. I'm guessing he is back in Winnipeg. If not, Jets sign a cheap veteran backup. Either way it's not Comrie. Nor is Comrie likely to be gone after he finally took a step forward this year after two forgettable seasons in AHL.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad