Confirmed with Link: Eric Comrie 1 year 750k

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
True but he’s improving..
Goalies are voodoo, so patience and scrutiny called for..
comrie has been a pleasant surprise for sure. but to reinforce your vodoo point... remember laurent brossoit? 925 through 21 gp and then followed it up with a 895 for us. small sample of games so 1 good (or bad) game can have a real large impact on sv%. however i will say comrie performed nicely this year.... it would've been nice to have played him merely 3-4 more games throughout the year so we would have atleast retained his rights, not that i am supremely concerned we would get out-bidded for him, but things happen.

Last edited:

None

Feb 22, 2012
I noticed that CF stated it as having not had enough games by the age of 25. He turned 26 July 6 so this year's games may not have counted.

This year's games counted, the age 25 part is just a qualifier so that teams can't toll the RFA rights of a player indefinitely if they don't intend to play them.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Comrie was sporting a 91.5% save percentage going into the game against the Flyers, and played fantastic in his shutout. I hope the Jets can resign him, and I'm sure he'd be great in the lockeroom as well.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Comrie was sporting a 91.5% save percentage going into the game against the Flyers, and played fantastic in his shutout. I hope the Jets can resign him, and I'm sure he'd be great in the lockeroom as well.

I imagine it won't be that difficult to retain him. I think both he and the org like the fit.

Reactions: GNP

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
He only had 15 starts this season. I'm still not sure if he is a quality backup yet...I know that sounds ridiculous, but I would have like to see a few more starts to lessen my uncertainty.

Probably the most pleasant surprise for the Jets this year. He has earned a multi-year contract. I wonder what would it take given his limited starts. $1.3- $1.5 million AAV? I really wouldn't want him to receive $2 million plus, but the question is, would another team offer that much?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He only had 15 starts this season. I'm still not sure if he is a quality backup yet...I know that sounds ridiculous, but I would have like to see a few more starts to lessen my uncertainty.

Probably the most pleasant surprise for the Jets this year. He has earned a multi-year contract. I wonder what would it take given his limited starts. $1.3- $1.5 million AAV? I really wouldn't want him to receive $2 million plus, but the question is, would another team offer that much?

I doubt he gets much more then $1.2 million.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I imagine it won't be that difficult to retain him. I think both he and the org like the fit.
The question is why they even have to think about retaining him. 3-4 more games? Makes no sense, like a lot of things with this team.

Reactions: surixon

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
comrie has been a pleasant surprise for sure. but to reinforce your vodoo point... remember laurent brossoit? 925 through 21 gp and then followed it up with a 895 for us. small sample of games so 1 good (or bad) game can have a real large impact on sv%. however i will say comrie performed nicely this year.... it would've been nice to have played him merely 3-4 more games throughout the year so we would have atleast retained his rights, not that i am supremely concerned we would get out-bidded for him, but things happen.
Nice post, thoughtful…
Comrie, lacking Helly’s and Croissant’s size, has had to navigate a lot more of the NHL goalie’s skills..it takes longer..
As a physical therapist and trainer, I suspect Comrie’s passion and youth will serve him well to become a truly viable and reliable backup. (Even if he doesn’t gets as many goals as Berdin! 😂)

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Yup, there is a lot of variability in the results of an NHL backup simply due to the small amounts of games they play or atleast the small amounts of games they play here. He's earned himself the right to come back as our backup and and i'm pulling for him to have another good year next year.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
I also thought going into this season that Comrie wouldn't do very good for us but he definitely proved me wrong. He had/has a great season. Just sucks cause I hope he doesn't get *Vegassed* in the off-season like they did with Brossoit. It's been so nice to have a good backup Brossoit/Comrie for the last 4 years with a Vezina style goalie as our starter. Could be alot worse like Arizona, Buffalo or New Jersey with there 50 goalies dressed in a year lol

Reactions: robertocarlos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad