Confirmed with Link: Eric Comrie 1 year 750k

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Comrie now has 12 NHL games. The last 4 have been good to very good (he won a game with NJD last year). Even with those 4, his career sv% is still only 88.4. :laugh:

But he doesn't look nervous anymore and he isn't falling apart after letting in 1. At 26 YO, he seems to have arrived in the NHL. :thumbu::hockey:

We shall see how he can keep his composure after the Isles score 2-3 quick ones on him. It remains to be seen, and I hope he can. So far so good, but we haven't played any top teams yet. Jury is still out ??

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
About a month ago my thought process was if Eric plays 20 games for us as a backup this season, going .500 would be about as good as I could hope for.

He is 7 wins away from giving us what we need from him this season P, as our backup.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Comrie now has 12 NHL games. The last 4 have been good to very good (he won a game with NJD last year). Even with those 4, his career sv% is still only 88.4. :laugh:

But he doesn't look nervous anymore and he isn't falling apart after letting in 1. At 26 YO, he seems to have arrived in the NHL. :thumbu::hockey:
He would have had a so last night if not for a fortuitous bounce for the Hawks.

Very happy with his start.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
2021-11-06 (2).png
He would have had a so last night if not for a fortuitous bounce for the Hawks.

Very happy with his start.
As you can see in the picture ... Comrie over played it and should have been hugging the post but then there was 2 other mistakes. Jones should have never been that deep on PK and Wheeler should have had the goal scorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaskaJet

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I had low expectations coming into the seasons for Comrie as the backup but after being forced into playing b2b this weekend he has done everything and more that a back up should do.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
One of the many “swing state” wins so far

Would PLD regain form (big check in a game changing category)

Is Comrie an NHL back up?? It’s smaller category but so far so good as Maurice sad now we can play Eric in any game so we can slot him in around team needs.

Couldn’t have happen to a better guy. I am happy for the Jets but thrilled for Eric. Glad he’s in the show now. Score one for the good guys.

I realize victory is never final but this validation stage couldn’t be going better so far.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
He did play well yesterday, but... it was the Blackhawks.
Granted, his one bobble on #58's goal was precipitated by " our leaders lazy backchecking/wrong side of their man" around our net! Scheifele 2 strides behind Jones chasing him behind the net; 2) Captain Wheels" gliding" 5 feet behind the goal-scorer, #58. Yes, Comrie over-slid out from his post before the pass out front and scoring shot to the other side. Watching replay and goalie coach should address this with him.
WHO is going to address, teach the "leaders'" better effort defensively, better positioning, be on the right side of your man consistently, or don't play as often to watch how to from the bench, those who actually apply it!? A highly paid, respectable, aware coach should be addressing this, even in the NHL with veterans.
I will gladly point it out to Scheifs and Wheels for a part of Maurice's pay. Cheers. I could be rich...not.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Unless Berdin or Holm can really improve, Jets may want to draft a goalie in the first couple of rounds, considering Hellebuyck is now pushing 30. Who knows...Jared Moe is appearantly having a good year in college.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
The Jets Loyalty to Commrie pisses me off.

Yes all reports are he’s a nice guy and everybody loves him in the dressing room.

But he has bounced around on the waiver wire with 3-4 other teams / never able to lock down a back- up role on another team.

We keep re claiming him off waivers. Enough all ready. The Kid is not cut out or able to play the game effectively at the NHL level!

What pisses me off the most ….is that the last time we re-acquired him on waivers we immediately let loose a starting Goalie (Forsberg/Ottawa)) on waivers…… not even giving him a chance!

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Yes all reports are he’s a nice guy and everybody loves him in the dressing room.

But he has bounced around on the waiver wire with 3-4 other teams / never able to lock down a back- up role on another team.

We keep re claiming him off waivers. Enough all ready. The Kid is not cut out or able to play the game effectively at the NHL level!

What pisses me off the most ….is that the last time we re-acquired him on waivers we immediately let loose a starting Goalie (Forsberg/Ottawa)) on waivers…… not even giving him a chance!

He's been very good this season at what he's been asked to do bar maybe the last game. The timing of this post is a bit strange.

Forsberg has had several chances prior to coming here and he was here at a time that we also had Brossoit as the backup. He's done well enough for himself in Ottawa but saying he was a starting goalie at that point is totally inaccurate. He got to that point by playing starters minutes in Ottawa which he never would've got here.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
He's been very good this season at what he's been asked to do bar maybe the last game. The timing of this post is a bit strange.

Forsberg has had several chances prior to coming here and he was here at a time that we also had Brossoit as the backup. He's done well enough for himself in Ottawa but saying he was a starting goalie at that point is totally inaccurate. He got to that point by playing starters minutes in Ottawa which he never would've got here.
Nobody said he was a starting goalie at that point.

I said starting goalie (Forsberg/Ottawa). Which obviously is after the jets put him on waivers and claimed off waivers by Ottawa!

So your statement “totally inaccurate” has more to do your reading comprehension and not an inaccurate statement by me.

I also said the Jets never gave him a chance!

He was the same cost as Commrie $700 k that year…… and he had way more experience and success in the league than Commrie @ that time.

He played 35 games with Chicago in one year and had played close to 50 NHL games as Comrie had played less than 10.

Helly has played the most games in the league this year. If we had a more capable back up….. like Forsberg pushing him for starts we probably be in a playoff position.

The Jets would have been better off if they had not reclaimed Comrie in 2021!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

I said starting goalie (Forsberg/Ottawa). Which obviously is after the jets put him on waivers and claimed off waivers by Ottawa!

So your statement “totally inaccurate” has more to do your reading comprehension and not an inaccurate statement by me.

He was the same cost as Commrie $700 k that year…… and he had way more experience and success in the league than Commrie @ that time.

He played 35 games with Chicago in one year and had played close to 50 NHL games as Comrie had played less than 10.

Helly has played the most games in the league this year. If we had a more capable back up….. like Forsberg pushing him for starts we probably be in a playoff position.

Or Jets coaches are going to do what they do. They still play Schief more minutes than PLD despite PLD having a better season. They like to give a big workload to their top guys. So Helly might still play 70.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

You said "starting goalie", I think my reading of it isn't unusual even if that's not what you meant.

I don't believe the coaching staff would be playing Forsberg more than they've played Comrie this year either.

There was nothing to suggest that Forsberg was going to be any good in the league long term given he was 28 and had never been better than a .908 sv% in limited games with Chicago at one point. Comrie also played 0 games with the Jets last season so it's not like they played him over Forsberg. Neither goalie was going to get starts and Forsberg was not going to get the starts here that he's getting in Ottawa to become the goalie he is this season. They were both behind Brossoit and Hellebuyck last year.

The season hasn't been lost because Eric Comrie is the backup goalie. Forsberg was a UFA goalie when Ottawa re-signed him so we'd have had to convince him that this was the best spot for him even though he was in the press box for a year. I'm not saying you're wrong to feel the way you do I just think the backup goalie is way way down on the list of reasons why this team has not been successful this year, and I think it's because they won't play the backup more than how Comrie has performed, since he's won 75% of starts and his numbers have been fine.

Reactions: surixon

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Stating this is “coming out of left field” doesn’t do that phrase justice considering the year Comrie has had for us in a back up role….

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I'd like to see Comrie play in at least 3 more games this season...see what we have here. I'm still not sure if he is a capable backup given how few games he has started this year. 20-25 starts would have been a good number to gauge his capabilities, but leave it to this coaching staff to overplay Helly yet again.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
He has been good this year. Id like another year of him as backup to see how, or if, he progresses and grows. You need people like him as coworkers, they keep the vibe as cohesive as they can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad